Hingham High School
|Hingham High School|
Hingham High School
|17 Union St.,
Hingham, MA 02043
|Principal||Dr. Paula McCann|
|Color(s)||Red & White|
|Rivals||Duxbury, Weymouth, Scituate, Silver Lake, Whitman-Hanson|
|Average SAT scores||555 verbal
1687 total (2015-2016)
Hingham High School is a co-ed public high school serving grades 9 through 12 for the town of Hingham, Massachusetts. It is located on Union Street near Hingham Center. This school was ranked number 69 on Newsweek 's 2012 list of the Best High Schools in America. In 2014, Hingham High School was ranked as one of the top 50 public high schools in the state of Massachusetts.  The school colors are red and white.
Around 2005 the school received a history teacher who was fluent in Mandarin Chinese. The school began teaching the Chinese language around that time. In 2009, the school was awarded a Blue Ribbon by the United States Department of Education for academic excellence. In 2015, Hingham High was awarded the Green Ribbon by the United States Department of Education for its commitment to protecting the environment, reducing environmental impact and utility costs, and providing environmental education.
Hingham High School is the only High School in the town of Hingham. The total enrollment into the school is 1,127. There are 292 students in the 9th grade, 289 students in the 10th grade, 262 students in the 11th grade, and 278 students in the 12th grade. It is made up of 51 percent male and 49 percent female. the minority enrollment is 7 percent, and the white enrollment is 93 percent. There are 77 full-time teachers.
The AP participation rate at Hingham High School is 46 percent. Based on state exit exams and internationally available exams on college level course work such as AB and IB exams, 99 percent of the students were proficient in English, 95 percent were proficient in Mathematics, and the college readiness index is 44.9.  There are many clubs offered at Hingham High School such as Best Buddies, Drama club, Drivers Education, Finance Club, and Student Council. The Best Buddies program at Hingham High School is an important club to their community. It is a club that allows students with intellectual and developmental disabilities to get one on one friendships for other students at the school.
- 2015-16 SAT Performance Statewide Report
-  Archived December 12, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Hingham Makes Top 50 List of State’s Best Public High Schools | Hingham, MA Patch
- Seltz, Johanna. "In schools south of Boston, a wide disparity on foreign language offerings" (Archive). Boston Globe. January 11, 2015. Retrieved on January 18, 2015. "Hingham High School started teaching Chinese about 10 years ago, sparked by student and faculty interest and the fact that a new history teacher was fluent in Mandarin, according to principal Paula Girouard McCann, who has traveled to China twice since then on student trips."
- "Hingham High School in HINGHAM, MA | Best High Schools | US News". www.usnews.com. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- "Hingham Buddies". Hingham Buddies. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
|This Massachusetts school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|