Stoneham High School
|Stoneham High School|
On the running track
149 Franklin St |
Stoneham, MA 02180
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Stoneham Public Schools|
|Color(s)||Blue, and White|
|Average SAT scores||
1128 total (2016-2017)
Stoneham High School is a comprehensive, four-year public school located in Stoneham, Massachusetts that offers a range of Comprehensive to Advanced Placement Program courses. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, its 71-member faculty has earned 55 Masters Degrees and has an average of 15 years of experience. As members of the Middlesex League, Stoneham High School student-athletes compete in 20 varsity sports.
Seven classes are scheduled with six blocks meeting each day; periods are 57 minutes long. The Superintendent of Stoneham Schools is John Macero. The assistant principals are Stephen Burnham and Craig Murray. The Program Supervisor of Guidance is Nicole Dillon and the five guidance counselors are Celeste Vaughan, Kristin Ronayne, and Kristen Polizzoto (formerly Ms. Kristen Hoar). SHS offers Advanced Placement Program courses in French, Spanish, Italian, Biology, History, Chemistry, Studio Art, Physics, Calculus and Psychology.
Stoneham is a member of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association and the Middlesex League.
Fall Sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys and Girls Swimming, Golf, Field Hockey, Football, Girls Volleyball, Boy and Girls Soccer and Cheerleading.
Winter Sports: Boys and Girls Indoor Track, Boys and Girls Basketball, Boys Hockey and Girls Gymnastics.
Spring Sports: Boys and Girls Outdoor Track, Baseball, Boys and Girls Tennis, Softball, and Lacrosse.
The Drama Club, puts on three productions each year; one in the fall, a 40-minute piece in the winter (which they bring to the Massachusetts High School Drama Guild One-Act Festival), and a musical in the spring. The drama club is completely student run, only having faculty/adult supervision and direction courtesy of Mr. Sean Perry, Mr. Jason Eppskrier, and Ms. Danielle Catalano.
They went to the state finals in March–April 2014 for their adaptation of the stage version of Spring Awakening, starring Alyssa Bené as Wendla and Liam Rondeau as Moritz. Many members of the cast and crew won awards for their work in this production. They also attended state finals again in March-April of 2017 for their adaptation of "Kindertransport". Dalilah Degen-Portnoy, Daria Contino, and Casey Moriarty all won awards for their acting performance, as well as other awards in crew, and a stage manager award to Peter Canova. 
The racial makeup of Stoneham High School is: 95% White, 3% Black, 1% Hispanic and 1% Asian/American Indian.
- Quincy Brisco: comedian and media personality
- Mario Cantone: comedian and actor
- Sandro Corsaro: American animator and author
- Charles Gibbons: Speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives and 1958 candidate for governor
- Josh Gondelman: actor, comedy writer, and stand-up comedian
- George J. Hall: U.S. Army soldier and Medal of Honor recipient in World War II
- Chris J. Johnson: actor
- Nancy Kerrigan: two-time Olympic figure skating medalist
- Killer Kowalski: professional wrestler
- Joe McLaughlin: linebacker for the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants
- Bill Peirce: Libertarian candidate for Governor of Ohio in 2006.
- Joe Vitiello: Major League Baseball player from 1995–2003
- Steve Yarbrough: novelist