Stoughton High School
|Stoughton High School|
|232 Pearl Street
Stoughton, Massachusetts, (Norfolk County) 02072
|Average class size||20|
|Color(s)||Black and Orange|
|Athletics conference||Hockomock League|
|Sports||Cheerleading, Football, Marching Band, Basketball, Wrestling, Baseball, Color Guard, Volleyball, Swimming, Wrestling, Softball, Golf, Soccer, Field Hockey, Hockey, Lacrosse, Cross Country, Indoor Track, Track and Field.|
|Rival||Canton High School Oliver Ames High School|
|Average SAT scores||512 verbal
1532 total (2015-2016)
Stoughton High School (SHS) serves the educational needs of the town of Stoughton, Massachusetts. The grades range from 9th grade to 12th grade, with an average of 300 students per class. It is located on 232 Pearl Street in Stoughton MA. The principal is Juliette Miller. SHS is known for their award-winning Marching band and Color Guard, known as the Marching Black Knights.
The Stoughton High School community fosters the development of responsible citizens who value high academic expectations, diversity, and excellence.
Stoughton High School has many sports teams, and an award-winning marching band. The school nickname is the Black Knights and the colors are black and orange.
The Fall sports at Stoughton High School include football, marching band, volleyball, cross country, soccer, golf, field hockey, and cheerleading. The Winter sports include boys basketball, girls basketball, swimming, indoor track and field, ice hockey, wrestling, and cheerleading. The Spring sports include baseball, softball, track and field, and tennis.
The marching band has won five New England championships (2000, 2002, 2005, 2009, and 2013). The Black Knights are among the top 5 ranked bands in New England.
The Knights have played their rival, Canton High, every Thanksgiving since 1926. Stoughton has won 40, Canton has won 39, and 4 have been ties.
- Darin Jordan, NFL player
- Ryan LaCasse, former NFL player
- Robert Lanza, scientist
- Ed McGuinness, comic book artist
- Lori McKenna American folk singer/songwriter
- Kenny Wormald, professional dancer and star of the 2011 film Footloose, graduated in 2002
- "SHS Marching Black Knights". Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Welcome to Stoughton High School". Town of Stoughton-School Department. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Camping season". Boston.com. May 9, 2006.
- Gorman, Tim (April 28, 2006). "Late Bloomer: Ryan LaCasse burst onto scene late in his senior season. The NFL is next". CBS Sports.
- "SNYDER'S STOUGHTON: Send in the clones" Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- "About". The Artwork of Ed McGuinness. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- Rodman, Sarah (October 9, 2011)