|Industry||Smartphones, Feature phones|
|Founders||Hari Om Rai, Sunil Bhalla, Shailendra Nath Rai, Vishal Sehgal|
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|India, Thailand, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Mexico, Middle East, Pakistan, Egypt, Russia|
|Products||Mobile phones, Laptops, Smartphones, Tablet computers, 3G, datacard, Mobile telephony, Software|
|Revenue||₹6,700 crore (US$970 million) (2015)|
Lava International Limited is an Indian multi-national company in the mobile handset industry. The company was founded in 2009 as an offshoot of a telecommunication venture. It is headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India and has overseas operations in Thailand, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Mexico and the Middle East, Pakistan and Russia. The company started its Africa operations by launching its product in Egypt in 2016.
Lava is working towards establishing a mobile phone design centre in India and setting up new manufacturing facilities. The company has an in-house R&D and product-testing set-up in China and India for product design and development.
Lava was founded in 2009 by Hari Om Rai, Sunil Bhalla, Shailendra Nath Rai and Vishal Sehgal.
In 2012, chip-maker Intel tied up with Lava to announce the first smartphone in India with an Intel processor, the Xolo X900. With this handset, the Xolo brand was launched. Lava entered the tablet market In the same year with the E-Tab Z7H.
In 2014, Lava launched its flagship smartphone, Iris Pro 30, which was also the first in its Iris Pro series. The Lava Iris X1 was among the earliest smartphones in India to run on the Android Kitkat (4.4) operating system.
This section needs to be updated.October 2017)(
According to the IDC Asia Pacific Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker 2014, Lava's market share in India was 8%. In the financial year 2015-16 Lava had a turnover of USD 1.2 billion. Lava was ranked India's fifth most trusted mobile handset brand, and the 75th most trusted among 1,200 brands by The Brand Trust Report 2014. In the same year, the company was ranked the fourth largest smartphone brand in India by IDC.
Research and development
For designing and developing its products, Lava has set up a research and development facility in China. This facility has produced phones such as the Lava Z25 Iris Pro 30 and the Fusion application for Android.
Lava received an award from the government of Uttar Pradesh in July 2017 for hiring the most number of apprentices in the state. The company hired 710 apprentices from Uttar Pradesh in 2016 in keeping with the guidelines laid down in the Apprenticeship Act, 1961.
- Lava has been ranked amongst Most Trusted Mobile Handsets/Tablets brands in 2016 in a survey conducted by Economic Times Brand Equity.
- Lava was declared as the Most Trusted Smartphone Brand in product quality and after sales service amongst all Indian brands by Silicon India.
- Lava received the Best Customer Experience team of the year Award at 9th Loyalty & Customer Experience Awards conducted by Kamikaze B2B media.
- Lava was recognized as the Smartphone Brand with Least Consumer Complaints at the TeleAnalysis Leadership Awards 2016.
- Lava won the ‘Best Customer Service in Mobile Handset Company’ Award at the Golden Star Six Sigma Awards 2016-2017.
- A study by Cyber Media Research (CMR) for Q3’16 revealed that LAVA has emerged as the No. 1 Indian mobile handset brand.
- Mitra, Sounak (5 January 2015). "Lava hits sweet spot in smartphones". Business Standard India. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Lava International Ltd. Crossed USD 1 Billion Revenue Mark" (Press release). India: Lava International. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "Lava International Limited: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- Reporter, Naushad K. Cherrayil, Staff (26 January 2017). "Lava expects GCC sales to cross 1m this year". GulfNews. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- Goliya, Kshitiz (2 September 2016). "Lava eyes Africa as India gets competitive". Livemint. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Lava in venture with Egypt's Easy Group". The Hindu. 2 September 2016. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Make in India: Lava to invest Rs 2,615 crore in 2 manufacturing units | Gadgets Now". Gadget Now. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "About LAVA– Indian Mobile Phone Company, Smartphone Manufacturer in India". www.lavamobiles.com. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "Intel partners India's Lava, others for smartphone push". The Economic Times. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Lava enters tablet market with 7-inch E-Tab Z7H". The Times of India. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "New Lava Iris Pro 30 is a thin, light Android". GSM Arena. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Lava Iris X1 gives KitKat for Rs 7,999, but only on Amazon.in". The Indian Express. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Lava Iris Win1 With Windows Phone 8.1 Launched at Rs. 4,999". NDTV Gadgets. 2 December 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Lava X50 price, specifications, features, comparison". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Lava Launches 'First 4G VoLTE-Enabled Smart Feature Phone' in India". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Samsung Still the Biggest Mobile Vendor in India: IDC". NDTV Gadgets. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- Raj, Amrit (17 November 2016). "Smartphone maker Lava to get $100 mn investment from three chip makers". livemint.com/. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Lava Announced as India's 5th Trusted Mobile Brand". digitalterminal.in. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- Top 5 smartphone brands in India in 2014 - The Indian Express, 18 August 2014
- Gupta, Vikas (23 May 2014). "We have deep dived into consumer needs, preferences and usage behavior :- Mr.Hari Om Rai, Chairman and Managing Director, Lava International Limited". IT Voice. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- IANS (27 July 2017). "Lava honoured for hiring most apprentices from UP". Business Standard India. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- 900 distributors
- "Micromax, Lava, Intex most trusted Indian mobile phone brands: Study". The Mobile Indian. 16 March 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- "Lava - The Most Trusted Indian Smartphone Brand; Reveals Siliconindia". Silicon India. 14 October 2015. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Lava wins "Best customer experience team of year award" in consumer goods category". India Infoline. 9 February 2016. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "TeleAnalysis Releases Customer Satisfaction Survey 2016". India Infoline. 17 March 2016. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- "LAVA bags the 'Best Customer Service in Mobile Handset Company' Award". Dqweek. 12 September 2016. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "LAVA emerges as favourite mobile handset in India". Business Standard. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Official website
- Rajendran, M (26 April 2014). "Homegrown Mobile Phone Makers Bite Big Chunks Off Global Giants". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 25 October 2015.