Rue André Joineau, in Pré Saint-Gervais
Paris and inner ring departments
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Gérard Cosme|
|Area1||0.70 km2 (0.27 sq mi)|
|• Density||25,000/km2 (64,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||93061 /93310|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Le Pré-Saint-Gervais (pronounced: [lə pʁe sɛ̃ ʒɛʁvɛ]; simply known by locals as Le Pré, i.e. "the meadow") is a commune in the northeastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 5.2 km (3.2 mi) from the center of Paris. With a density of 23,396 inhabitants per square kilometres at the last French census of 1999, Le Pré-Saint-Gervais is one of the most densely populated municipalities in Europe.
On 1 January 1860, the city of Paris was enlarged by annexing neighboring communes. On that occasion, a large part of the commune of Le Pré-Saint-Gervais was annexed to Paris, and forms now the neighborhood of Pré-Saint-Gervais, in the 19th arrondissement of Paris, leaving Le Pré-Saint-Gervais as a rump commune.
|The arms of Le Pré-Saint-Gervais are blazoned :
Vert, 5 barrulets wavy in base and a ram's head argent, horned Or.
Le Pré-Saint-Gervais is served by no station of the Paris Métro, RER, or suburban rail network. The closest station to Le Pré-Saint-Gervais is Hoche station on Métro line . This station is located in the neighboring commune of Pantin, 0.8 km (0.50 mi) from the town center of Le Pré-Saint-Gervais.
Schools in the commune:
- Public preschools (maternelles): École Baudin, École Rosa-Parks, École Suzanne-Lacore, École Nelson-Mandela
- Public elementaries: École Anatole-France, École Jean-Jaurès, École Pierre-Brossolette
- Public junior high school: Collège Jean-Jacques-Rousseau
- Private preschool through junior high school: École et collège Saint-Joseph
- Private preschool: École maternelle Montessori
- "Les adresses des écoles." Le Pré-Saint-Gervais. Retrieved on September 9, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Le Pré-Saint-Gervais.|
- Official website (French)
|This Seine-Saint-Denis geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|