|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Richard Dell'Agnola|
|6.43 km2 (2.48 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,800/km2 (12,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The Austrian writer Joseph Roth, exiled due to his opposition to the Nazi regime, lived at Thiais at the end of the 1930s and is buried at the local cemetery. The tomb of Russian writer Yevgeny Zamyatin is also there. Expatriate American journalist and novelist William Gardner Smith died there in 1974.
|Source: EHESS and INSEE (1968-2017)|
Thiais is served by Pont de Rungis–Aéroport d'Orly station on Paris RER line C. It is also served by Choisy-le-Roi station on Paris RER line C. This station, although administratively located on the territory of Choisy-le-Roi, lies closer to the town center of Thiais than Pont de Rungis – Aéroport d'Orly station does, and is thus used by people in Thiais.
The commune has:
- Seven preschools (écoles maternelles): Jeanne d'Arc, Romain Gary, Charles Péguy, Jacques Prévert, Saint Exupéry, Robert Schuman, and des Tilleuls
- Six elementary schools: Charles Péguy, Romain Gary, Camille Claudel, Paul Éluard, Saint-Exupéry, and Robert Schuman
- Three junior high schools: Collège Albert Camus, Collège Paul Valéry, and Collège Paul Klee
- Lycée Guillaume Apollinaire, a senior high school/sixth-form college
- Paul Celan's grave.
- Farhad Mehrad's grave. Farhad was cremated and is buried in the Thiais.
- Yevgeny Zamyatin's grave.
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires" (in French). data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises. 13 September 2022.
- "Populations légales 2019". The National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies. 29 December 2021.
- Official website (in French) (requires Flash)
- Jackson, Jacquelyn. "William Gardner Smith" from Dictionary of Literary Biography. Thomson Gale, Thomson Corporation ©2005-2006.
- Des villages de Cassini aux communes d'aujourd'hui: Commune data sheet Thiais, EHESS. (in French)
- Population en historique depuis 1968, INSEE
- "Ecoles maternelles." Thiais. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Ecoles elementaires." Thiais. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Collèges." Thiais. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Lycée." Thiais. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- Home page (in French)