The Place Rémoiville
Paris and inner ring departments
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Jacques-Alain Bénisti|
|4.33 km2 (1.67 sq mi)|
|• Density||6,800/km2 (18,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||66–103 m (217–338 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
On 7 July 1899, a part of the territory of Villiers-sur-Marne was detached and merged with a part of the territory of La Queue-en-Brie and a part of the territory of Chennevières-sur-Marne to create the commune of Le Plessis-Trévise.
There are seven preschools and seven elementary schools.
- Preschools: J. et M. Dudragne, Théophile Gautier, Edouard Herriot, Jean Jaures, Charles Peguy, Charles Perrault, Jean Renon
- Elementary schools: Albert Camus, Léon Dauer, J. et M. Dudragne, Jules Ferry, Edouard Herriot, Jean Jaures, Jean Renon
Villiers-sur-Marne is twinned with Entroncamento in Portugal and Friedberg in Germany. Until November 2011, it was also twinned with Bishop's Stortford in the United Kingdom, when the English town controversially cut its links with Villiers-sur-Marne, as well as Friedberg.
- Vanessa Paradis, French singer, and ex wife of Johnny Depp.
- Hayat Boumeddiene, fugitive and suspected accomplice of her common law husband Amedy Coulibaly, the main suspect for the Montrouge shooting and the hostage-taker and gunman in the Porte de Vincennes siege, in which he killed four hostages.
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- "Les écoles." Villiers-sur-Marne. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Maternelles." Villiers-sur-Marne. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Ecoles elementaires." Villiers-sur-Marne. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- "Les collèges." Villiers-sur-Marne. Retrieved on September 3, 2016.
- Article dated 2 December 2011 France 24: 'English town cuts links with French and German twins', accessed 8 December 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Villiers-sur-Marne.|
- Official website (in French)
|This Val-de-Marne geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|