List of terrorist incidents in March 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Casualties figures in this list are the total casualties of the incident including immediate casualties and later casualties (such as people who succumbed to their wounds long after the attacks occurred).
- Casualties listed are the victims. Perpetrator casualties are listed separately (e.g. x (+y) indicate that x victims and y perpetrators were killed/injured).
- Casualty totals may be underestimated or unavailable due to a lack of information. A figure with a plus (+) sign indicates that at least that many people have died (e.g. 10+ indicates that at least 10 people have died) – the actual toll could be considerably higher. A figure with a plus (+) sign may also indicate that over that number of people are victims.
- If casualty figures are 20 or more, they will be shown in bold. In addition, figures for casualties more than 50 will also be underlined.
- Incidents are limited to one per location per day. If multiple attacks occur in the same place on the same day, they will be merged into a single incident.
- In addition to the guidelines above, the table also includes the following categories:
- 0 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 1–19 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 20–49 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 50–99 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 100+ people were killed/injured by the incident.
Total Incidents: 102
|1||Suicide bombings||22 (+2)||100||Kabul, Afghanistan||At least 22 people were killed and 100 wounded in two bombs attacks on a police station and intelligence agency offices.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|1||Chemical attack||0||7||Mosul, Iraq||Seven civilians were wounded due to Islamic State chemical attack on western Mosul.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|1||Shooting||4||2||Rueso District, Thailand||Insurgents shot and killed four people, including a child, and wounded another two children on Thursday, police said, days after a deal was reached with the Thai government to establish a safety zone.||Islamists||South Thailand Insurgency|
|2||Bombing||0||8||Manipur, India||Eight people were injured in an IED explosion near the residence of a Naga People's Front leader at Langol Laimanai village in Imphal West district.||Jaish-e-Mohammed||Insurgency in Northeast India|
|2||Attack||4||Unknown||Benue, Nigeria||Armed men suspected to be Fulani herdsmen have reportedly attacked Gbemacha council ward in Gwer Local Government Area of Benue state, at least four people die in the attack.||Fulani herdsmen||Communal conflicts in Nigeria|
|3||Shooting||2||1+||Soum, Burkina Faso||Ansar ul Islam militants on motorbikes killed two people including a school director.||Ansar ul Islam||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|4||Bombing||4||Unknown||Lanta Buro, Somalia||A bomb set by Al-Shabaab militants killed four AMISOM soldiers near Lanta Buro, about 40 kilometers from the capital Mogadishu.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|4||Bombing||0||2||Baghdad, Iraq||An improvised explosive device exploded, at noon, near a popular market in al-Shaab area, north of Baghdad, wounding two civilians.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|5||Shooting||11||4||Boulikessi, Mali||Eleven soldiers were killed and four others were injured in an attack on a position of the Malian Army close to the border with Burkina Faso.||Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|5||Shooting||6||1||Kunduz, Afghanistan||At least six security forces have lost their lives and one was injured in an attack by armed Taliban on a police checkpoint.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|5||Grenade attack||0||1+||Boyaca, Colombia||At least one person was injured by a shell of grenade, inform the army.||ELN||Colombian Conflict|
|5||Shooting, Clash||Unknown||Unknown||Chocó, Colombia||A total of 304 people in the department of Chocó, northwest Colombia, were displaced by fighting between the ELN and the Autodefensas Gaitanistas, a criminal gang of paramilitary origin, the People's Ombudsman said Sunday.||ELN and Autodefensas Gaitanistas||Colombian Conflict|
|5||Bombing||0||4||Sopore, India||Four children were injured in an explosion in Sopore town of north Kashmir's Baramulla district.||Jaish-e-Mohammed||Kashmir conflict|
|5||Shooting||6||1+||Zinjibar, Yemen||Five soldiers and a civilian were killed in an al-Qaeda attack in Zinjibar, Yemen.||Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula||Yemeni Civil War|
|5||Shooting||5 (+10)||Unknown||Mohmand Agency, Pakistan||Five soldiers were killed by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar militants. 10 terrorists were also killed.||Jamaat-ul-Ahrar||Operation Ghazi|
|6||Roadside Bombing||4||3||Palmyra, Syria||Russian Major General Pyotr Milyukhin lost both his legs and an eye when a radio controlled bomb hit a military convoy heading from the Tiyas airfield, west of Palmyra, to the Syrian city of Homs, it has been confirmed. Along with him, four other Russian soldiers lost their lives with a further two being injured.||Islamic State||Syrian Civil War|
|6||Shooting||5||0||Wanzarbe, Niger||At least five Nigerian gendarmes were killed in the night during a likely terrorist attack in the Tillabéri Region.||Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|6||Chemical attack||4||25||Mosul, Iraq||4 civilians were killed and 25 others were injured due to Islamic State chemical attack on western Mosul.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|6||Executions||8||0||Kirkuk, Iraq||Islamic State executed eight civilians in Kirkuk.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|6||Suicide car bombing, suicide bombing||15 (+2)||Unknown||Aleppo, Syria||Two suicide bombings killed fifteen people around Aleppo.||Islamic State||Syrian Civil War|
|7||Bombing||0||10||Madhya Pradesh, India||2017 Bhopal–Ujjain Passenger train bombing: In first ISIS attack on India, terrorists known to authorities planted low intensity pipe bombs which exploded on a train at the Jabri railway station injuring 10 passengers.||Islamic State||Terrorism in India|
|8||Suicide bombing, shootings||100+||63+||Kabul, Afghanistan||March 2017 Kabul attack: A team of gunmen staged a complex assault on a military hospital in the Wazir Akbar Khan section of Kabul. At least 43+ people were initially reported killed, while 63 others were injured. Local reports later suggested the death toll was over 100.||Islamic State||War in Afghanistan|
|8||Shooting||1 (+2)||0||Pulwama, India||Two militants and a 15-year-old civilian have been killed on Thursday in an encounter between security forces and militants in Padgampora of Pulwama district in Jammu and Kashmir.||Lashkar-e-Taiba||Kashmir Conflict|
|8||Shooting||4||1||Davao del Sur, Philippines||Five Davao policemen were on their way to respond to a shooting incident in Barangay Sinabyan when suspected members of the New People’s Army ambushed them. In the ambush four policemen were shot dead and one were injured.||New People’s Army||CPP-NPA-NDF rebellion|
|8||Shooting||1 (+1)||0||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia||A police officer was killed by an Islamic State member. Then the perpetrator was killed by the police.||Islamic State||Terrorism in Saudi Arabia|
|9||Suicide bombings||30 (+2)||26||Tikrit, Iraq||30 civilians were killed and 26 others were injured by two suicide bombers at a wedding in Tikrit, Iraq.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|9||Roadside Bombing||1||2||Arish, Egypt||A senior police officer was killed and the injury of another police officer and a conscript late Wednesday in the Sinai Peninsula, according to a statement issued by the Interior Ministry.||Islamic State||Sinai Insurgency|
|10||Roadside Bomb||2||4||Arish, Egypt||Two police officers were killed and another four injured by a roadside bomb in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula, according to a statement released by the Interior Ministry.||Islamic State||Sinai Insurgency|
|11||Shooting||8 (+1)||1+||Zabul Province, Afghanistan||Eight members of the security forces have been killed by gunmen in southern Zabul province.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|11||Car bombing, suicide bombing||74 (+1)||120+||Damascus, Syria||March 2017 Damascus bombings: Twin bombings in the Old City of Damascus killed at least 74 and injured more than 100 others, most of them Iraqi Shia pilgrims.||Tahrir al-Sham||Syrian Civil War|
|11||Ambush||12||3||Chhattisgarh, India||Suspected Maoist rebels ambushed a police patrol, killing at least 11 paramilitary commandos and seizing weapons and supplies. At least three officers were critically injured in the attack, which took place in the Sukma district, the site of a deadly 2013 attack.||Communist Party of India (Maoist) (suspected)||Naxalite–Maoist insurgency|
|11||Assassination||1||0||Man, Ivory Coast||The muezzin of a mosque was found butchered by a suspected jihadist.||Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin (suspected)||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|12||Shooting||1 (+2)||3||Kebili, Tunisia||A police officer and two militants were killed in a shootout at a checkpoint in southern Tunisia that left three other officers injured.||Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|12||Shooting||0||0 (+Unknown)||Acobamba District, Peru||Militants of Sendero Luminoso attacked a helicopter of the armed forces of Peru, the latter responded to the attack leaving as balance several wounded attackers.||Sendero Luminoso||Internal Conflict in Peru|
|13||Bombings||13 (+1)||16||Mogadishu, Somalia||An explosion near the Weheliye Hotel killed 13 people and injured 14 others. Hours earlier a suicide bomber in a minibus detonated his explosive load at a checkpoint, killing himself and injuring two bystanders.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|13||Bombings||1||22||Kabul, Afghanistan||A roadside bomb destroyed a bus carrying government employees in central Kabul, killing one person and leaving 22 others injured.||Taliban (suspected)||War in Afghanistan|
|13||Shooting||4||1+||Mali||Two Malian soldiers and two Malian civilians were killed in a shooting attack.||Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|13||Executions||3||0||Nigeria||Three Nigerian men were executed by Bolo Haram militants. The three men were accused of being Nigerian military spies.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|14||Bombing||1||2||Homs, Syria||A bomb blast hit a passenger bus in the city of Homs, Syria killing five people and wounding six.||Tahrir al-Sham (suspected)||Syria Civil War|
|14||Shooting||2||0||Dinajpur, Bangladesh||A Sufi spiritual leader and his daughter were shot and hacked to death by unknown militants in northern Bangladesh.||Jihadists||Internal conflict in Bangladesh|
|15||Suicide bombings||40 (+2)||30+||Damascus, Syria||March 2017 Damascus bombings: A suicide bomber detonated his vest outside the Palace of Justice, killing and injuring dozens. A second suicide blast took place at a restaurant in the Rabweh area of Damascus, killing and injuring an unknown number of people.In the two attacks, 40 people were killed and more than 30 were injured.||Islamic State||Syrian Civil War|
|15||Ambush||5 (+Unknown)||Unknown||Magumeri, Nigeria||Four soldiers and a police officer were killed in a Boko Haram ambush.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|15||Suicide bombings||6 (+4)||16||Maiduguri, Nigeria||Four female teenage suicide bombers killed six people and injured 16 others in a residential area in the Nigerian city of Maiduguri.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|15||Bombing||2||3+||Diyarbakır, Turkey||Two Turkish soldiers were killed Wednesday following the detonation of an improvised explosive device (IED) on the highway linking eastern Diyarbakır and Mardin provinces.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|16||Execution||1||0||Philippines||A Vietnamese seafarer who was kidnapped on February 19th by Abu Sayyaf was killed while trying to escape his captors.||Abu Sayyaf||Moro conflict|
|16||Shooting, arson||3+||Several||Borno State, Nigeria||Two soldiers and a police officer were killed and many others were injured in a Boko Haram attack. But the deputy governor of the Borno state says many soldiers may have been killed.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|16||Bombing||0||1||Paris, France||An explosion following the opening of a trapped envelope caused a wounded in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, the address of the European headquarters of the International Monetary Fund.||Conspiracy of Fire Nuclei||Terrorism in France|
|16||Assassination||1||0||Coimbatore, India||H.Farook, 31, from Bilal Estate in South Ukkadam was hacked to death by a four-six member gang on Thursday night. Reasons for murder were Farook's criticism of religion and rationalistic views.||Jihadists||Terrorism in India|
|17||Suicide bombing||0 (+1)||2||Dhaka, Bangladesh||2017 Dhaka RAB camp suicide bombing: A suicide bomber blew himself up inside a camp of Bangladesh's anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion, injuring two security personnel.||Islamic State||Terrorism in Bangladesh|
|17||Ambush||1||1||Borno State, Nigeria||A police officer was killed and another was injured in a Boko Haram ambush.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|17||Shooting||3 (+6)||7||Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Shabqadar, Pakistan||Three soldiers were killed in two separate attacks carried out by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar militants.||Jamaat-ul-Ahrar||Operation Ghazi|
|18||Assault, shooting||0 (+1)||4||Stains and Orly, France||On the 18 March, a man shot and seriously wounded three police officers. Later, a soldier incurred minor injuries when she was assaulted by the same man as tried to take her gun in Paris Orly airport. Two soldiers on patrol subsequently shot the suspect dead and the stolen gun was retrieved.||Jihadist||Wave of Terror in Europe|
|18||Shooting||3||1||Ayacucho, Peru||Three policemen were killed and another injured during an ambush in Ayacucho region.||Shining Path||Internal conflict in Peru|
|19||Suicide bombings||4 (+3)||8||Maiduguri, Nigeria||Three suicide bombers killed at least four people and injured eight others in the Nigerian city of Maiduguri.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|20||Stabbing||1||0||New York City, United States||Stabbing of Timothy Caughman: James Harris Jackson, a white supremacist, stabbed an African-American to death in New York. He revealed that he planned larger attacks against black men in New York's Times Square.||White Supremecist||Terrorism in the United States|
|20||Shooting||1+ (+Unknown)||13+||Magumeri, Nigeria||At least a soldier was killed and 13 others were injured in an operation against Boko Haram militants.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|20||Car bombing||23||45||Baghdad, Iraq||A car bombing killed 23 people and injured more than 40 others in a commercial area of the southwestern Hayy Al-A'amel suburb.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|20||Shooting||2 (+7)||Unknown||Far North Region, Cameroon||Two persons were killed in a Boko Haram attack in Cameroon. Seven attackers were also killed.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|21||Attempted Suicide Bombing||0 (+2)||0||Kolofata, Cameroon||One terrorist was shot dead while the other blew herself up killing no one else. It was not clear whether the attackers were males or females.||Boko Haram (suspected)||Boko Haram insurgency|
|21||Suicide car bombing||7 (+1)||14||Helmand Province, Afghanistan||A suicide car bomb targeted a checkpoint in Afghanistan’s Helmand province, killing at least six members of an intelligence unit.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|21||Car bombing||4||Several||Mogadishu, Somalia||At least four people were killed when a car bomb exploded at a checkpoint less than a kilometre away from the presidential compound in Mogadishu.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|21||Shooting||1||9||Sultan Kudarat, Philippines||At least one marine was killed and other nine were wounded in a NPA ambush in Sultan Kudarat, Philippines.||New People's Army||CPP–NPA–NDF rebellion|
|22||Shooting||1||4||Hakkari, Turkey||A Turkish soldier was killed and four others were wounded in an armed attack carried out by PKK militants at the Gerkitepe Base defense zone in the district of Çukurca in southeastern Hakkari province.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict (2015–present)|
|22||Shooting||0||Unknown||Donetsk, Ukraine||In the city of Donetsk, a group of pro-Russian supporters attacked the headquarters of the local football team.||Donetsk People's Republic||War in Donbass|
|22||Suicide bombings||8 (+5)||20+||Maiduguri, Nigeria||2017 Maiduguri attack: At least eight people have been killed in multiple suicide blasts along a highway in Maiduguri.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|22||Vehicle attack, stabbing||5 (+1)||50||London, United Kingdom||2017 Westminster attack: 52 year old Khalid Masood drove into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge, killing four and causing numerous injuries before crashing the car into the railings of the Palace of Westminster. The attacker then fled from the vehicle and attempted to gain access through the Palace gates, fatally stabbing a police officer before being shot dead by a plain clothes police officer. In total there were 50 injuries reported, 30 of which required hospital treatment, 7 of which were critical.||Khalid Masood||Islamic terrorism in the West|
|22||Roadside Bombing, Shooting||3 (+5)||Unknown||Orakzai, Pakistan||Military officials in Pakistan say a gunfight with militants killed two soldiers and five “terrorists” in a volatile northwestern region. Separately, a roadside bomb hit a security convoy, killing one person, near the Afghan border in the neighboring South Waziristan tribal district.||Jamaat-ul-Ahrar (suspected)||War in North-West Pakistan|
|23||Bombings||10 (+15)||Unknown||Sinai, Egypt||Ten members of Egypt's security forces were killed when their vehicles were hit by two improvised bombs during a military operation against suspected militants in the Sinai peninsula. 15 militants were also killed.||Islamic State||Sinai Insurgency|
|23||Shooting, assassination||1 (+1)||1||Kiev, Ukraine||Former Russian politician Denis Voronenkov was shot and killed in Kiev. His assailant was wounded by Voronenkov's bodyguard and taken to hospital, where he later died from his wounds, according to the authorities. Voronenko's bodyguard was also wounded during the incident.||Lone wolf||War in Donbass|
|24||Car bombing||1||2||Mogadishu, Somalia||A car bomb blast near a restaurant and hotel in Mogadishu has killed at least one person and wounded two others.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|24||Attack||6 (+6)||3||Naurskaya, Russia||A group of 8 jihadists attacked a military base of the National Guard of Russia near Grozny in Chechnya. During the assault, six soldiers were killed, as well as 6 terrorists.||Islamic State||Islamic terrorism in Europe|
|24||Suicide bombing||0 (+1)||0||Dhaka, Bangladesh||A suicide bomber blew himself up in the Shahjalal International Airport causing no injuries. Islamic State claims the attack.||Islamic State||Terrorism in Bangladesh|
|24||Shooting||0||2||Arauca, Colombia||Two wounded soldiers left in an attack apparently from ELN guerrillas in the department of Arauca. In another operation the leader of an ELN front died next to his escort, inform the army.||ELN||Colombian Conflict|
|25||Roadside Bombing||3||6||Arish, Egypt||Egyptian security officials said Saturday that a roadside bomb planted by suspected Islamic militants had hit a police armored vehicle in the north of the Sinai Peninsula, killing three members of the security forces and injuring six others.||Islamic State||Sinai insurgency|
|25||Shooting, Assassination||40+||2||Tshikapa, Democratic Republic of the Congo||2017 Congolese police decapitation attacks: Rebel fighters have killed at least 40 policemen in the central Democratic Republic of Congo, in one of the deadliest attacks on security forces since a violent uprising began late last year. The Kamwina Nsapu militia reportedly killed the police officers on Saturday and only spared those who spoke their local language.||Kamwina Nsapu||Kamwina Nsapu rebellion|
|25||Suicide bombing, bombings, shooting||7 (+4)||40+||South Surma Upazila, Bangladesh||2017 South Surma Upazila bombings: A suicide bombing killed 7 (four civilians and three police officers) and wounded more than 40 in South Surma Upazila, Bangladesh. Later, other bombs exploded and gunfire have occurred. Islamic State claimed responsibility. Three militants were also killed.||Islamic State||Terrorism in Bangladesh|
|25||Shooting||1||0||Fortul, Arauca District, Colombia||A subcommander from the Fortul Police Station was shot dead in a sniper attack in the locality of Fortul, in the Arauca District.||ELN||Colombian Conflict|
|25||Grenade attack||0||12||Lyari, Pakistan||At least 12 people were injured on Saturday evening in a grenade attack in the Lyari area of Karachi.||Unknown|
|26||Grenade attack||4||23||Sulu, Philippines||At least four people were killed and 23 others wounded in a grenade attack in the southern Philippines.||Abu Sayyaf (suspected)||Moro Conflict|
|26||Shooting||5||2 Disappeared||Chocó, Colombia||At least five people were killed in an attack in the locality of San juan in Chocó Department.||ELN||Colombian Conflict|
|26||Shooting, Ambush||6||Unknown||Juba, South Sudan||Six aid workers have been killed in an ambush in South Sudan, the United Nations said on Sunday, without specifying what organisation they worked for. The victims were attacked on Saturday as they travelled from the capital, Juba, to the eastern town of Pibor, according to the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).||Unknown||South Sudanese Civil War|
|27||Suicide Car Bombing, Shooting||10 (+4)||Unknown||Lahj Governorate, Yemen||At least six security personnel and four civilians were killed in a suicide car-bomb attack and subsequent shooting in Yemen’s southern Lahj province. Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula later claimed responsibility.||Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula||Yemeni Civil War|
|27||Roadside Bombing||0||2||Zamboanga, Philippines||The vice mayor of Sumisip Town, Basilan escaped unscathed, but his two security escorts were wounded in a roadside bombing perpetrated by suspected Abu Sayyaf militants.||Abu Sayyaf||Moro Conflict|
|28||Executions||2||0||Sinai, Egypt||Two elderly men were executed for 'witchcraft' and 'apostasy' by Islamic State militants.||Islamic State||Sinai Insurgency|
|28||Shooting||3||Unknown||Boulikessi, Mali||Two soldiers and a civilian were killed in an attack at the border with Burkina Faso. Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin claimed responsibility on the first of April 2017.||Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|28||Roadside bombing||1||1||Qandala, Somalia||One soldier was killed and another was injured in a roadside bombing near the town of Qandala. The attack was blamed by regional military officials on Islamic State-affiliated militants.||Islamic State in Somalia||War in Somalia|
|28||Shooting||3 (+1)||Unknown||Chadoora, India||A militant and three civilians were killed in an encounter with the security forces in Chadoora area of Budgam district of central Kashmir today.||Jaish-e-Mohammed||Kashmir Conflict|
|28||Roadside Bombing||0||1||Maguindanao, Philippines||A soldier was injured when suspected Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF) set off a roadside bombing.||Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters||Moro Conflict|
|28||Shooting||2||3||Arauca, Colombia||At least two soldiers were killed and other three injured in an ambush by ELN militants.||ELN||Colombian Conflict|
|29||Assassination||3||0||Kasai province, Democratic Republic of the Congo||The bodies of two (one of the two was beheaded) UN experts and their Congolese interpreter who went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo this month have been found, the United Nations said in a statement Tuesday.||Kamwina Nsapu (suspected)||Kamwina Nsapu rebellion|
|29||Bombing||0||0||Lutsk, Ukraine||The Polish consulate in Lutsk was attacked with a grenade launcher.||Donetsk People's Republic (suspected)||Terrorism in Europe|
|29||Suicide truck bombing||17||60+||Baghdad, Iraq||A suicide truck bomber targeted a police checkpoint in southern Baghdad, killing 17 people and injuring at least 60 others.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|29||Bombing||5||6||Homs, Syria||A bomb blast hit a passenger bus in the city of Homs, Syria killing five people and wounding six.||Tahrir al-Sham (suspected)||Syria Civil War|
|30||Stabbing||0||3||Brussels, Belgium||One woman was critically injured and two others were seriously injured when several knife-wielding men attacked Kurds arriving at the Turkish Consulate in Brussels to cast their vote for the Turkish constitutional refererendum.||Turkish Nationalists (suspected)||Terrorism in Europe|
|30||Assassination||1||0||Nankana, Pakistan||A prominent member of Ahmadi community was killed in an attack claimed by Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.||Lashkar-e-Jhangvi||War in North-West Pakistan|
|30||Shooting||3||3||Kubuwa village, Nigeria||Boko Haram ambushed Dangote trucks, killing three persons, including two drivers, and injuring three others at Kubuwa village.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|30||Shooting, suicide bombing||12 (+1)||23||Damboa, Nigeria||12 people were killed in multiple Boko Haram attacks on Wumyeduga village. 23 people were also injured in the multiple attacks, which involved the detonation of explosives by a suspected female suicide bomber at the village’s cemetery.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|31||Shooting||2||3||Yala and Narathiwat, Thailand||An army ranger and a policeman were shot dead in Thailand's deep south. Separately, five gunmen opened fire at a police station in Narathiwat province, killing a policeman and wounding three others.||Runda Kumpulan Kecil (suspected)||South Thailand insurgency|
|31||Car bombing||24||70+||Parachinar, Pakistan||March 2017 Parachinar suicide bombing: At least 24 people have been killed and more than 70 injured in a blast outside a mosque in north-west Pakistan. Jamaat-ul-Ahrar claimed responsibility for the attack.||Jamaat-ul-Ahrar||Operation Ghazi|
|31||Bombing||0||1||North Cotabato, Philippines||An improvised explosive device went off at a roadside in Midsayap, North Cotabato before dawn on Saturday wounding a pedicab driver. A minor was injured.||Abu Sayyaf (suspected)||Moro conflict|
|31||Car bombing||1||0||Mariupol, Ukraine||SBU colonel was killed in a car explosion in Mariupol.||Donetsk People's Republic (suspected)||War in Donbass|
|31||Shooting||1 (+3)||11||Diffa, Niger||A Nigerian soldier was killed and 11 were injured in a Boko Haram attack. Three militants were also killed.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency in Niger|
- "Police HQ Attacked In Kabul; 22 Killed, Over 100 Wounded". TOLOnews. 2017-03-01. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Mossoul: Attaque chimique de Daesh". Conflits-fr. 1 March 2017. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- "Mosul victims treated for chemical agents as displacement accelerates". Iraqinews.com. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Shooting in Thailand's south kills four despite safety zone deal-police". Reuters. 2017-03-02. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Eight injured in IED explosion near NPF leader's house in poll-bound Manipur". 2 March 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- Opejobi, Seun (2017-03-02). "Fulani herdsmen attack Benue community, kill four - Daily Post Nigeria". Dailypost.ng. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Two dead in Burkina Faso 'jihadist' attack — News — The Guardian Nigeria". M.guardian.ng. 2017-03-03. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Somalie : Une bombe tue quatre soldats". Conflits-fr. 2017-03-04. Retrieved 2017-03-04.
- "IS blows up 10 houses, executes 7 families south of Mosul". Iraqi News.
- "Mali: attaque meurtrière à Boulikessi, à la frontière avec le Burkina Faso - RFI". RFI Afrique (in French). Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Taliban Storm Kunduz Security Post Killing Six Policemen | English - Middle East Press". middleeastpress.net/english. 2017-03-05. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "Un herido tras ataque del Eln a caravana del Ejército en Boyacá". Elcolombiano.com. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Colombia: combates entre ELN y banda dejan 304 desplazados". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Four children injured in explosion in Kashmir's Baramulla". OnManorama. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "6 killed in al-Qaeda attack in southern Yemen". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Clashes on Pakistan-Afghanistan border kill 15". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Russian general hit by roadside bomb in Syria loses both legs". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Niger: attaque meurtrière contre des gendarmes dans la région de Tillabéri - RFI". RFI Afrique (in French). Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Chemical Missiles Kill 4 Civilians Wounds 25 Others Near Mosul". Iraqinews.com. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Islamic State slaughter 8 in Kirkuk for helping civilians flee". Iraqinews.com. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "IS hits back against army's Aleppo advances, kills 15 in twin suicide attacks". dailytimes.com. 6 March 2017. Retrieved 6 March 2017.
- "Blast, gunfire hit Kabul's Wazir Akbar Khan area". Al Jazeera. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "Death toll from Kabul hospital attack rises to 49". The Peninsula Qatar. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Survivors of Kabul hospital attack deadly to over 100 say insiders also took part". The Japan Times. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 26 May 2017.
- "Two militants, 15-year-old boy killed as encounter ends in J-K's Pulwama". 9 March 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "4 cops killed by suspected NPA rebels in Davao del Sur". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- Aguirre, Allan Nawal, Eldie. "4 cops killed in NPA attack". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Saudi police shoots dead IS suspect; officer killed - Riyadh - Muscat Daily". OM-MA: M.muscatdaily.com. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Scores killed in twin suicide attack on Iraq wedding | News | DW.COM | 08.03.2017". M.dw.com. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Roadside bomb kills 2 police officers in Egypt's Sinai". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Gunmen attack military airport in eastern Afghanistan". 11 March 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Twin bombing kills at least 40 in Damascus' Old City". Al-Jazeera. 2017-03-11. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "Twin bombings in Damascus kill 59, mostly Iraqi pilgrims - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 12 March 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Suspected Maoist rebels kill 11 police in Chhattisgarh". Al-Jazeera. 2017-03-11. Retrieved 2017-03-11.
- "12 CRPF personnel killed in Maoist ambush in Sukma - Times of India". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Terror Events on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
- "Policeman killed in checkpoint attack in southern Tunisia - officials". Reuters. 12 March 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Helicóptero de las FFAA fue atacado por Sendero". 18 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Large explosion hits Somali capital Mogadishu". Al-Jazeera. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Car bomb kills at least 13 in Somali capital - police, medics". Reuters. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Deadly blast destroys bus in Afghan capital". Al-Jazeera. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Gul, Ayaz. "Deadly Roadside Bomb Blast Hits Kabul". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "PressTV-Militant attack kills 4 in northern Mali". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Purported Boko Haram video shows execution of alleged Nigerian spies". Reuters. 14 March 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Blast hits bus in Syria's Homs: Syrian media". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- "Sufi leader shot, hacked to death in Bangladesh". The Washington Post. 13 March 2017. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Syria war: Twin suicide attacks kill dozens in Damascus". Al-Jazeera. 15 March 2017. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- "RIP! Nigerian Soldier, Corporal Anthony Okwori Killed In Action By Boko Haram In Borno [Photos]". 20 March 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "6 killed in Nigeria as teenage girls detonate explosives". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "PKK attack kills 2 Turkish soldiers in eastern Turkey". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "World Maritime News | the industry's seaborne news provider". 26 February 2017. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "Many Nigerian soldiers killed in Boko Haram attack: Official". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Letter Bomb Injures Worker at International Monetary Fund Office in Paris". The New York Times. 16 March 2017. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "Tamil Nadu man hacked to death over atheistic FB posts". 18 March 2017. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Suicide Bomber Blows Himself Up Inside Anti- Crime Battalion in Bangladesh, Two Injured". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Policeman killed as troops foil Boko Haram attack in Borno". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Clashes hit Pakistan-Afghanistan border". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- CNN, Melissa Bell, Laura Smith-Spark and Steve Almasy. "Paris Orly Airport: Assailant shouted 'I'm here to die in the name of Allah'". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Orly airport: Man killed after taking soldier's gun". BBC News. 2017-03-18. Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- BFMTV. "Stains: un policier blessé par balle lors d'un contrôle, un homme en fuite". BFMTV (in French). Retrieved 2017-03-18.
- País, Ediciones El (2017-03-19). "Tres policías peruanos mueren en una emboscada de narcoterroristas". EL PAÍS (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- "Suicide bomb attacks kill 4 in Nigeria". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "White supremacist who stabbed NYC black man says it was practice for Times Square massacre". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- NairaPark (22 March 2017). "Army raids Gombe hotel for Boko Haram terrorists". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Car bomb kills at least 23 in Baghdad". Al Jazeera. 2017-03-20. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- Team, News (20 March 2017). "Quick Read: Cameroon: Nine killed in suspected Boko Haram attack". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "Fighting Boko Haram: Two would be suicide bombers die in Northern Cameroon". Cameroon-concord.com. Retrieved 2017-08-18.
- "Taliban attack Afghan checkpoint, kill 6 intelligence forces". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- "8 killed, 14 injured in Helmand car bombing". www.pajhwok.com. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- "Car bomb in Somalia near presidential palace kills four - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 21 March 2017. Retrieved 22 March 2017.
- Unson, John. "NPAs behind Sultan Kudarat ambush on Marines on the run". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Turkish soldier killed, 4 wounded by PKK attack in southeastern Turkey". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- AS, Diario (22 March 2017). "Hombres armados asaltan la sede del Shakhtar Donetsk - internacional - AS.com". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Multiple bomb blasts rock Nigeria's Maiduguri". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "London attack: British-born attacker 'known to MI5'". BBC News. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- London Ambulance Service Statement on incident at Westminster, retrieved 22 March 2017
- Westminster Bridge attack victim Andreea Cristea dies, retrieved 7 April 2017
- "Victims of the Westminster terror attack". BBC News. 2017-04-07. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- Gul, Ayaz. "Clashes, Roadside Bomb Kill 3 Pakistani Troops, 5 Militants". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "A dozen Egyptian security personnel killed in Sinai fighting". 23 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017 – via Reuters.
- "Former Russian Parliamentarian and Putin Critic Shot Dead in Kiev". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Somalia: Car Bomb Kills 1, Injures 2 in Mogadishu". 24 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017 – via AllAfrica.
- "ISIS claims Chechnya attack: SITE". The Daily Star Newspaper - Lebanon. 2017-03-24. Retrieved 2017-03-24.
- "Bangladesh : attentat raté à l'aéroport international de Dacca". Air Journal (in French). Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- Herrera, Santiago Cárdenas. "Dos soldados heridos dejó un ataque del Eln en Arauca". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Líder de un frente del ELN muere en operativo en Colombia - Tribunanoticias". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Roadside bomb kills 3 policemen in Egypt's Sinai". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Kamwina Nsapu militia kill 40 policemen in DR Congo". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "As it happened: Sylhet militant raid and Operation Twilight - Dhaka Tribune". 24 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Bangladesh bomb blasts kill six, scores injured". 26 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017 – via Reuters.
- "Arauca: murió subteniente de la Policía tras atentado en Fortul". Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Ali, Imtiaz (25 March 2017). "Grenade attack injures 12 in Karachi's Lyari". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Karachi hand grenade attack injures 12 - SAMAA TV". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- News, ABC. "ABC News". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Press, Europa (27 March 2017). "Mueren cinco personas en un ataque supuestamente ejecutado por el ELN en Chocó (Colombia)". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "UN: Six aid workers killed in an ambush in South Sudan". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Qaeda claims suicide bombing in south Yemen". Yahoo! News via AFP. 2017-04-01. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- jmlaran (27 March 2017). "2 wounded, town vice mayor unscathed in roadside bombing". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Persio, Sofia Lotto (29 March 2017). "Isis in Egypt's Sinai beheads two elderly men for 'witchcraft' and 'apostasy' in execution video". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Mali : deux soldats et un civil tués à Boulikessi - JeuneAfrique.com". 29 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "One soldier killed, one wounded by roadside bomb in Somalia's Puntland". Reuters. 2017-03-28. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- "3 civilians die in security forces firing near encounter site in Kashmir, militant also killed". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Fernandez, Edwin O. "Soldier hurt as BIFF sets off roadside bomb in Maguindanao". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Dos soldados muertos en ataque atribuido a ELN en Colombia". 28 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- CNN, Euan McKirdy. "Bodies of 2 UN experts found in DRC". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Polish consulate in Ukraine attacked with grenade launcher". 29 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "SBU investigates blast at Polish consulate in Lutsk as a terror attack case - KyivPost". 29 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Suicide truck bomber kills 17 in Baghdad". Al Jazeera. 2017-03-29. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- "Bus bombing kills five in Homs, reports Syrian news agency". Pakistan Today. Retrieved 2017-04-02.
- "Belgium: Turkish community clashes". 31 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Minority lawyer shot dead in Nankana". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "12 Borno villagers, drivers feared killed in fresh Boko Haram attacks". Guardian. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Pakistan blast: Parachinar bomb leaves at least 24 dead". BBC News. 31 March 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017 – via www.bbc.com.
- Unson, John. "Minor hurt in North Cotabato blast". Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Auto explosion kills SBU officer in Mariupol (UPDATED)". KyivPost. 2017-03-31. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- "Au moins un soldat tué et 11 blessés par Boko Haram au Niger". Retrieved 12 April 2017.