List of terrorist incidents in October 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of some of the terrorist, alleged terrorist or suspected terrorist incidents which took place in October 2017, including incidents by violent non-state actors for political, religious, or ideological motives.
- Types of incidents are selected from the Tactics of terrorism page.
- Casualties figures in this list are the total casualties of the incident including immediate casualties and later casualties (such as people who succumbed to their wounds long after the attacks occurred).
- Casualties listed are the victims. Perpetrator casualties are listed separately (e.g. x (+y) indicate that x victims and y perpetrators were killed/injured).
- Casualty totals may be underestimated or unavailable due to a lack of information. A figure with a plus (+) sign indicates that at least that many people have died (e.g. 10+ indicates that at least 10 people have died) – the actual toll could be considerably higher. A figure with a plus (+) sign may also indicate that over that number of people are victims.
- If casualty figures are 20 or more, they will be shown in bold. In addition, figures for casualties more than 50 will also be underlined.
- Incidents are limited to one per location per day. If multiple attacks occur in the same place on the same day, they will be merged into a single incident.
- In addition to the guidelines above, the table also includes the following categories:
- 0 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 1–19 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 20–49 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 50–99 people were killed/injured by the incident.
- 100+ people were killed/injured by the incident.
Total incidents: 86
|1||Knife attack||2 (+1)||0||Marseille, France||Marseille stabbing: A man with a knife attacked and killed two women at Saint Charles station and he was shot dead by police officers. The incident is being treated as an 'act of terrorism'. The perpetrator is alleged to have yelled "Allahu Akbar" during the attack.||Ahmed Hanachi||Terrorism in Europe|
|1||Bombing||0||0||Cairo, Egypt||An explosion occurred at Myanmar's embassy in Cairo. The Hasm Movement claimed responsibility and stated that the act was perpetrated in retaliation for the country's crackdown on Rohingya Muslims.||Hasm Movement||Insurgency in Egypt|
|1||Shooting||2||4||Sirnak, Turkey||One soldier and one security guard were killed in an attack by PKK terrorists near road construction in the southeastern Turkish province of Sirnak.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|1||Arson||0||0||Tacuatí, Paraguay||Two tractors from a farm were incinerated in the city of Tacuatí, San Pedro Department. In addition, a pamphlet was found that would be of the self-denominated Paraguayan People's Army.||Paraguayan People's Army||Paraguayan People’s Army insurgency|
|2||Suicide bombings||17 (+2)||Unknown||Damascus, Syria||At least 17 people were killed in suicide bombings that targeted a police station in the Al-Midan neighbourhood of Damascus.||Islamic State (suspected)||Syrian Civil War|
|2||Bombing||1||0||Iraq||A U.S. Army member was killed by an improvised explosive device. Pentagon officials decline to give the location of the incident.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War (2014–present)|
|2||Bombing||0||5||Manama, Bahrain||At least five policemen were wounded in a bomb blast while securing Ashoora procession on Budaiya Highway.||Shia Militants (suspected)||Terrorism in Bahrain|
|3||Shooting||1 (+3)||4||Budgam district, India||A BSF Assistant sub-inspector was killed and four others injured in a shooting next to Srinagar Airport, in India. Three Jaish-e-Mohammed attackers were also killed.||Jaish-e-Mohammed||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|4||Car bombing||4||4||Yuksekova, Turkey||An improvised explosive device was planted on a road near the town of Yuksekova, southeast Turkey. The attack killed four soldiers and four others were wounded.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|4||Suicide bombings, shooting||4 (+3)||39||Misurata, Libya||Gunmen killed at least four people and wounded 39 in a suicide attack on a court complex in the Libyan city of Misurata.||Islamic State||Second Libyan Civil War|
|4||Shooting||0||3||Negros Occidental, Philippines||at least three civilians (one Filipino, a Brazilian and a Swede) were wounded in a failed ambush staged by communist rebels.||New People's Army||CPP–NPA–NDF rebellion|
|4||Ambush||9 (+21)||10||Tillabéri Region, Niger||Tongo Tongo ambush: Four U.S. Army personnel and five Nigerien soldiers were killed and 10 others were injured after being ambushed while assisting local forces in southwest Niger. No group has claimed responsibility but officials have suspected that the Islamic State was behind the attack.||Islamic State (suspected)||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|5||Suicide bombing||24 (+1)||20||Jhal Magsi District, Pakistan||A suicide attacker blew himself up at a Sufi shrine packed with devotees in a village of Jhal Magsi District, killing at least 24 people and injuring twenty others.||Islamic State||Insurgency in Balochistan|
|5||Shootings||3||0||Mocímboa da Praia, Mozambique||A group of about 30 armed fundamentalists launched simultaneous attacks against three police stations in Mocimboa da Praia, leading to the death of two policemen and a community leader.||Islamists||Islamist insurgency in Mozambique|
|6||Bombing||0||7||Janiuay, Iloilo, Philippines||Six soldiers and a civilian were wounded when an alleged improvised explosive device blew up in Janiuay town, Iloilo.||New People's Army (suspected)||New People's Army rebellion|
|6||Suicide car bombing||4 (+1)||7||Abyan Governorate, Yemen||Four Yemeni soldiers were killed and seven others wounded a suicide car bombing in the southern province of Abyan.||Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula||Yemeni Civil War|
|7||Shooting||2 (+1)||3||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia||A gunman opened fire on Saudi royal guards guarding the royal palace in Jeddah, resulting in death of two guards and the attacker while three guards were injured.||Mansour al-Amri||Terrorism in Saudi Arabia|
|7||Bombing||2||1||Diyarbakır, Turkey||At least two security guards were killed and one injured after a bomb explosion in Diyarbakir.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|7||Arson||0||0||Cagayan Province, Philippines||Militants burned heavy equipment owned by one of the biggest construction companies in the zone and stolen the weapons of the security guards un the Province of Cagayan.||New People's Army||CPP-NPA-NDF rebellion|
|8||Shooting||2||0||Baghlan province, Afghanistan||At least two police were killed in a Taliban shooting attack on a check post in the village of Chashme Sher in Baghlan province.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|8||Shooting||1||0||Vizcatán, Ayacucho, Peru||A policeman was killed in a shooting between militants of Sendero Luminoso. It is suspected that it was in response to death of a rebel leader.||Sendero Luminoso||Internal conflict in Peru|
|8||Unarmed Assault||0||0||Athens, Greece||Members of the militant group Rubicon smashed the glass entrance of the General Secretariat of Information Systems (GSIS) offices in the early hours of Sunday morning.||Rubicon||Terrorism in Greece|
|9||Shooting||5||2||Quetta, Pakistan||Gunmen killed five Shia Muslims while two others were wounded in Quetta, the capital of Balochistan Province of Pakistan.||Al-Qaeda (suspected)||Insurgency in Balochistan|
|9||Ambush||7||13||Bosaso, Puntland, Somalia||Islamic militants attacked a checkpoint outside Bosaso in Somalia’s semi-autonomous Puntland region. Three Police officers and four civilians were killed, thirteen others were wounded.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|9||Shooting||2||12||Beni, Democratic Republic of Congo||Two UN soldiers were killed in a shooting attack in DRC.||Allied Democratic Forces||Allied Democratic Forces insurgency|
|10||Shooting||2||3||Mombasa, Kenya||Gunmen kill two female employees of a university in Ukunda near Mombasa. The Driver and two police officers injured in the attack.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|10||Bombing||0||3||Cesar Department, Colombia||At least three policeman were wounded in an attack with explosives in the Department of Cesar, in Colombia.||ELN (suspected)||Colombian conflict|
|10||Arson||0||0||Concepción Department, Paraguay||A ranch was set on fire by members of the Paraguayan People's Army in Arroyito, in Concepción Department.||Paraguayan People's Army||Insurgency in Paraguay|
|11||Shooting||2 (+2)||2||Bandipora District, Jammu and Kashmir, India||Two Garud Commandos were killed while another two injured during a shooting against insurgents in Kashmir, India.||Lashkar-e-Taiba||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|11||Suicide bombings||1 (+3)||6||Damascus, Syria||Three suicide bombings in a police station in the Syrian capital of Damascus killed at least one person and injured six others.||Islamic State||Syrian Civil War|
|12||Suicide car bombings||50+||70+||Deir al-Zor, Syria||Islamic State suicide attackers killed at least 50 people with car bombs in northeastern Syria in a refugee camp. MSF Syria stated that over 70 patients were triaged.||Islamic State||Syrian Civil War|
|13||Bombing||0||0||Arauquita and Norte de Santander Department, Colombia||The Military Forces were attributed to the EPL The two attacks against the public force in the Catatumbo region, one of them very close to the Caño Limón Coveñas pipeline, while in the Santander, there was an attack with tatucos at an Army post.||EPL||Colombian conflict|
|13||Shooting||1||1||Damhal Hanji Pora, Kulgam District, India||A policeman was killed and another injured when terrorists attacked a police vehicle in Jammu and Kashmir's Kulgam district.||Sohail Khan Ghani (suspected)||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|14||Shooting||25||0||Kembé, Central African Republic||At least 25 muslims worshipers were killed inside in a mosque in the town of Kembé, in the south of Central African Republic.||Anti-balaka||Central African Republic Conflict|
|14||Truck bombing||587||316||Mogadishu, Somalia||14 October 2017 Mogadishu bombings: A heavy blast caused by a truck VBIED bombing in the capital of Somalia, Mogadishu in a busy area near a hotel left 587 killed and more than 316 injured.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|14||Shooting||5 (+11)||13||Nineveh Governorate, Iraq||Five Iraqi soldiers were killed and 13 others injured after an Islamic State shooting attack in Tal Safuk, Iraq.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|14||Attempted truck bombing||0||0 (+1)||Kabul, Afghanistan||Police arrest a truck driver with heavy explosive vehicle and two rockets in Kabul.||Haqqani network||War in Afghanistan|
|15||Bombing||4||3||Kurram Agency, Pakistan||Four Frontier Corps personnel, including an officer, were killed in an IED blast in Kurram Agency. Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan claimed responsibility for the attack.||Tehreek-e-Taliban||War in North-West Pakistan|
|15||Car bombings, Bombings, Shootings||6 (+24)||20||Sinai Peninsula, Egypt||Militants attacked a group of Egyptian soldiers with car bombings, bombings and gunfire in the north of Sinai Peninsula.||Al-Qaeda (suspected)||Sinai Insurgency|
|15||Shooting||1||1||Sorsogon Province, Philippines||A policeman was shot dead and other was injured in separate attacks in the province on Sorsogon, Philippines.||New People's Army||CPP–NPA–NDF rebellion|
|16||Shooting||7||15||El Arish, Egypt||A dozens of Islamist militants robbed a local bank, lobbed grenades and traded gunfire with security forces guarding an unused church in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula on Monday, killing three civilians, including a child, three guards and one soldier and wounded another 15 people.||Islamic State||Sinai Insurgency|
|16||Bombing||2||0||Çukurca, Turkey||Two soldiers were killed after an explosion caused by a bomb in Hakkari province, southern-east Turkey.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|16||Bombing||1 (+1)||4||Imam Sahib, Shopian district, India||A former PDP sarpanch was killed in attack by militants while four family members were injured. A Hizbul Mujahideen militant was also killed in a scuffle with the victims.||Hizbul Mujahideen||Insurgency in Jammu and Kashmir|
|17||Suicide bombing, shooting||41 (+7)||158+||Paktia Province, Afghanistan||21 police officers (including Toryalai Abdyani, the police chief of the Province) and 20 civilians were killed and over 158 were wounded in a suicide and gun attack on a police training centre in Paktia, Afghanistan. Six attackers were killed by the police, and another blew himself up at the beginning of the attack. Many vehicles including one small truck, a corolla vehicle, a police ranger and a Humvee were used in the attack. Two of the vehicles were loaded with explosives while two others carried the attackers.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|17||Suicide car bombings||30 (+2)||15||Ghazni, Afghanistan||Suicide car bombers stormed a security compound in Andar district and killed 25 police officers and 5 civilians. Also, 15 people were wounded in the attack.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|17||Bombing||0||18||Mersin, Turkey||A police vehicle in Turkey's city of Mersin was hit in a bomb attack wounding several people.||PKK (suspected)||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|18||Bombing||7||24||Quetta, Pakistan||At least seven police personnel were killed and 24 others injured as a powerful bomb went off near their vehicle in Sariab Mill area of Quetta.||Tehreek-e-Taliban||Insurgency in Balochistan|
|18||Suicide Bombing||43 (+10)||9||Kandahar, Afghanistan||Suicide bombing attack on an Afghan National Army base in Maiwand district in Kandahar, killed at least forty three military personnel, nine were wounded, six were missing after Taliban militants stormed the base in the middle of the night.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|19||Shooting||0||0||Hatay Province, Turkey||Terrorists from PKK tried to make a shooting against soldiers in Hatay Province. But the security forces shot back at the terrorists and they ran away.||PKK||Kurdish–Turkish conflict|
|19||Bombing||0||21||Mastung, Pakistan||A hand grenade attack in Sultan Shaheed Chowk of Mastung injured 21 people.||Unknown||Terrorism in Pakistan|
|19||Bombing||0||26||Gwadar, Pakistan||A hand grenade attack on labourers in a hotel of Gwadar injured 26 labourers.||Unknown||Terrorism in Pakistan|
|19||Arson||0||0||Concepción Department, Paraguay||A ranch was set on fire by guerrillas in the department of Concepción in the north of Paraguay. The attack was perpetrated even though the owners had paid the "revolutionary tax".||Ejercito del Mariscal Lopez||Insurgency in Paraguay|
|19||Shooting||50||0||Pombolo, Central African Republic||At least 50 people (40 civilians and 10 UPC militiamen) die in an attack perpetrated by the Christian militia Antibalaka in the town of Pombolo.||Anti-balaka||Central African Republic conflict|
|20||Suicide bombing||33 (+1)||10||Khewiagan, Dulaina district, Afghanistan||A suicide bombing in a Sunni mosque of Ghor Province killed 33 people and wounded 10. The main target of the attack was a local commander from the anti-Taliban Jamiat party.||Islamic State||War in Afghanistan|
|20||Suicide bombing, shooting||56 (+1)||55||Kabul, Afghanistan||A suicide bomber killed 56 people and wounded 55 others inside a Shia mosque in Kabul.||Islamic State (claimed)||War in Afghanistan|
|20||Suicide car bombing||2 (+1)||0||Markaz, Mogadishu, Somalia||A suicide car bombing hit Makraz, a village next to Mogadishu.||Unknown||War in Somalia|
|20||Possibly bombing, shooting||At least 16 (+up to 15)||At least 13||Bahariya Oasis, Egypt||Official Ministry of Interior of Egypt listed 16 police officer deaths, 15 injured and one missing as well as 15 killed or injured terrorists. Reuters and BBC published that 52 policemen were killed; including 23 officers according to Reuters, and 18 according to BBC based on unidentified security sources. This was rebuked State Information service of Egypt.||Unknown (Hasm Movement suspected)||Insurgency in Egypt|
|21||Suicide Bombing||15 (+1)||4||Kabul, Afghanistan||At least 15 conscript soldiers were killed in a suicide bombing of a police minibus in Kabul. The Taliban claim responsibility for the attack.||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|21||Shooting||12||Several||Tillabéri Region, Niger||Twelve soldiers were killed and several other injured in an assault on a gendarmerie in the Tillabéri Region.||AQIM (suspected)||Insurgency in the Maghreb|
|21||Bombing||1||2||Guaviare Department, Colombia||A policeman was killed and other two were injured in an explosive trap in Guaviare.||FARC dissidents||Colombian conflict|
|21||Shooting||0||4||Cali, Colombia||A lawyer, his daughter, his niece and his wife (four people in total) are injured in an attack in Cali.||Unknown||Colombian conflict|
|21||Bombing||2||2||Sinjar, Iraq||At least Two people were killed in a explosion of a bomb in a school in the west of sinjar.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War (2014–present)|
|22||Suicide bombing||13 (+1)||18||Maiduguri, Nigeria||A suicide bomber kills 13 people and injures five others in the northeast Nigerian city of Maiduguri. According to the police, 13 more civilians were injured in separate attacks. ||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|22||Shooting||1||0||Mimika Regency, Indonesia||A National Police Mobile Brigade officer was shot and killed in Mimika near the Freeport Grasberg mine with an TPNPB unit taking responsibility who were being pursued after they shot at Freeport mine vehicles on 24 September.||West Papua National Liberation Army||Papua conflict|
|22||Bombing||2||8||Ishkamish District, Afghanistan||Two people were killed and other eight injured in an attack in a hotel in the province of Takhār||Taliban||War in Afghanistan|
|22||Car Bombing||11||0||Mogadishu, Somalia||At least eleven people were killed in a bombing in the north of Mogadishu.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|23||Suicide truck bombing||4 (+5)||10||Mudia, Abyan Governorate, Yemen||Suspected al Qaeda militants attacked a military checkpoint in the southern Yemen province of Abyan, killing four soldiers and wounding 10.||Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (suspected)||Yemeni Civil War|
|24||Bombing||1||4||Ségou Region, Mali||At least two malian soldiers were wounded when a vehicle that transports a convoy hit a bomb leaving two soldiers wounded. Later in the post of Gendarmerie of Ouan at least one soldier was killed and other two were wounded. At the same time, post of Gendarmerie Dioro (Markala) was also attacked without causing any casualties||Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin||Northern Mali conflict|
|25||Shooting||2||1||Soumpi, Mali||In the village of Soumpi, (located about twenty kilometres from Niafunké) at least two soldiers were killed, other was injured and two or three vehicles were destroyed in an attack of militants.||Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin||Northern Mali conflict|
|25||Assassination||1||0||Chocó Department, Colombia||A indigenous leader was shot dead by militants of the ELN.||ELN||Colombian conflict|
|25||Bombing||0||0||Narayanpur district, India||An improvised explosive device was detonated to the passage of a convoy of soldiers in the disctrict of Narayanpur,Chattisgargh, India.||CPI||Naxalite–Maoist insurgency|
|25||Shooting||0||1||Cagayan de Oro, Philippines||At least one soldier was wounded in a shootout against communist militants in Cagayan de Oro.||New People's Army||CPP-NPA-NDF conflict|
|25||Bombing||0||1||Mopti Region, Mali||Around the 11 am a vehicle of the Malian Armed Forces hit an improvised explosive device in the region of Mopti, The wounded were evacuated to Sévaré.||Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin||Northern Mali conflict|
|25||Shooting||2||3||Ajdabiya, Libya||At least two soldiers were killed and other three were wounded in an attack by the Islamic State in the northwest of Libya.||Islamic State||Libyan Civil War (2014–present)|
|26||Bombing||3||2||Aguelhok, Mali||Three UN blue helmets died in the explosion of a bomb in Aguelhok, while two others were injured. This was confirmed to a large extent with what JNIM reported in its claim.||Jama'at Nasr al-Islam wal Muslimin||Northern Mali conflict|
|26||Shooting||5||0||Mosul, Iraq||Five Federal Police personnel were killed in an armed attack launched by Islamic State militants in western Mosul.||Islamic State||Iraqi Civil War|
|27||Bombing||1||8||Manama, Bahrain||One policeman was killed and eight others were injured in a terror attack west of the capital Manama.||Shia Militants (suspected)||Terrorism in Bahrain|
|28||Car bombings, Shootings||25||30||Mogadishu, Somalia||28 October 2017 Mogadishu bombings: An explosion occurs near the national theater area in Mogadishu, Somalia, two weeks after a similar attack.||Al-Shabaab||War in Somalia|
|30||Attack||11||Unknown||Kolofata, Cameroon||11 civilians were killed by Boko Haram terrorists in Kolofata, Cameroon.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|30||Roadside Bombing||1||1||Dera Ismail Khan District, Pakistan||One paramilitary was killed and another wounded in a roadside bombing in the South Waziristan tribal region near the Afghan border.||Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (suspected)||War in North-West Pakistan|
|30||Suicide bombing||5 (+1)||Several||Maiduguri, Nigeria||Five civilians were killed and several other were Boko Haram terrorist blew himself up in a mosque in Maiduguri, Nigeria.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|30||Bombing||4||9||Banki, Nigeria||Four people, including a mother and her two children, were killed and nine others were injured when a vehicle hit a mine planted by Boko Haram terrorists in Banki, Nigeria.||Boko Haram||Boko Haram insurgency|
|31||Suicide bombing||14 (+1)||13||Kabul, Afghanistan||14 people were killed and 13 were wounded when an Islamic State suicide bomber blew himself up in Kabul.||Islamic State||War in Afghanistan|
|31||Shooting||6||0||Diafarabé, Mali||Five Malian Soldiers and a civilian were killed in an ambush on a convoy of malian high court of justice.||JNIM||Northern Mali Conflict|
|31||Bombing||0||3||Sahel Region, Burkina Faso||At least three burkinese soldiers were injured in a bombing in the location of Ariel.||Ansar al-Islam||Insurgency in the Maghreb (2002–present)|
|31||Vehicular assault||8||11 (+1)||New York City, United States||2017 Lower Manhattan attack: A pickup truck rammed into pedestrians near the World Trade center in New York, killing eight people and injuring 11 others. An ISIS flag and a note that read "Islamic State lives forever" in Arabic were found near the truck. The attacker was self-radicalized and he had followed the Islamic State group's advice on social media on how to carry out vehicular attacks.||Islamic State||Terrorism in the United States|
- "Marseille: Fatal knife attack at train station". BBC News. 1 October 2017.
- "Marseille: Isis claims responsibility for stabbings after leader's renewed call for attacks on West". The Independent. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "Ahmed Hanachi identifié comme étant l'auteur de l'attaque de Marseille, plusieurs personnes interpellées". Le Huffington Post (in French). 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "INFO FRANCE 2. Marseille: les autorités tunisiennes ont identifié l'auteur de l'attaque au couteau comme étant Ahmed Hanachi, un de leurs ressortissants" (in French). France Télévisions. 2 October 2017.
- "Egypt's Hasm militants claim attack targeting Myanmar embassy". The Indian Express. 2017-10-01. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "2 security personnel martyred in SE Turkey". Anadolu Agency. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "Queman tractores y dejan panfletos en San Pedro" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "ISIS claims deadly double bomb attack in Damascus". CBS News. Associated Press. 2017-10-02. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
- "Suicide bombers target Damascus police". BBC News. 2017-10-02. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "At least 17 killed in triple bombing in Syria's Damascus". Daily Sabah. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- Chief, Habib Toumi, Bureau (2017-10-03). "Bahrain: Five policemen injured in terror blast". GulfNews. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- "Bahrain: 5 cops injured in terror blast; Saudi condemns act". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- "BSF attack: All three militants killed; Kashmir police chief blames Jaish-e-Muhammad". Greater Kashmir (in Spanish). 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2017-10-21.
- "Attack in southeast Turkey kills 4 soldiers, wounds 4 others". Fox News. 2017-10-04. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- "Islamic State claims deadly attack on court in Libya's Misurata". Reuters. October 4, 2017. Retrieved 2017-10-05.
- Starr, Barbarra. "Pentagon identifies fourth US soldier killed in Niger". CNN. Retrieved October 11, 2017.
- Mitchell, Ellen. "Officials suspect Islamic State militants responsible for Niger attack". The Hill. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Death toll rises to 24 in Pakistan shrine suicide bombing". ABC News. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- "Deadly blast hits shrine in Pakistan's Balochistan". Al Jazeera. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- "Police classify attacks in north Mozambique as terrorism". Xinhua. Retrieved 2018-01-16.
- Jenel Baclay. "IED blast leaves 6 soldiers, 1 civilian hurt in Iloilo". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- "4 Yemeni soldiers killed in 'Qaeda' attack". www.enca.com. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- "Gunman killed after deadly attack at Jeddah palace gate". Al Jazeera. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Son dakika... Diyarbakır'da hain saldırı". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- "Two Policemen Killed In Taliban Attack On Baghlan Check Post - TOLOnews". Tolonews.com. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Gunmen kill 5 in attack on Shiites in southwestern Pakistan". Fox News. 9 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Militants attack checkpoint in Somalia's Puntland, five dead - police". Reuters. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "RDC: 2 Casques bleus tués dans une attaque". Figaro. 9 October 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-10-13. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "2 IAF commandos, 2 LeT militants killed in encounter". Press Trust of India.
- "Suicide attack targets police HQ in Damascus". Al Jazeera.
- Press, Europa (11 October 2017). "Estado Islámico asume la autoría del atentado contra el cuartel de la Policía en Damasco". M.europress.es. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Islamic State attacks kill at least 50 in east Syria: Kurdish Red Crescent". Reuters. 13 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Al menos 50 muertos en un atentado de Estado Islámico contra desplazados sirios, según fuentes médicas". M.europapress.es. 12 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- ".@MSF statement about the deadly attacks that took place in north east Syria on Thursday. #Syria #Hasakeh #SyriaCrisispic.twitter.com/Q7tjWzsQgR". Twitter.com. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Policeman Killed In Jammu And Kashmir's Kulgam As Terrorist Attack Police Vehicle". Ndtv.com. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "J&K Police detain 3 in Rajasthan, one of them was wanted for Kulgam attack". Hindustantimes.com. 21 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- Gayle, Damien (2017-10-14). "Somalia: deadly truck bombing in Mogadishu". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-10-14.
- Jason Burke (16 October 2017). "Mogadishu bombing: al-Shabaab behind deadly blast, officials say". Theguardian.com.
- "Somalia: At least 230 dead in Mogadishu blasts". BBC News. 15 October 2017.
- "Committee: 587 dead in Oct 14 terror attack". Hiiraan Online. 5 March 2018. Retrieved 2018-03-12.
- Press, Europa (14 October 2017). "Cinco militares muertos en combates con el Estado Islámico en Nínive, cerca de la frontera con Siria". M.eurpapress.es. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-10-15. Retrieved 2017-10-15.
- "Police Seize Explosive Laden Truck In Kabul City". Tolonews.com. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Hunt for kidnappers: Four troops martyred in Kurram IED attack". The Express Tribune. 15 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Muertos 24 milicianos y seis soldados en ataques contra las fuerzas de seguridad en la región egipcia del Sinaí". Europa Press. 15 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Militants Rob Bank, Attack Church in Egypt's Sinai; 7 Dead". Voice of America. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "PKK attack in SE Turkey martyrs two soldiers". Yeni Şafak.
- "Ex-sarpanch shot dead in south Kashmir, Hizbul Mujahideen militant dies in scuffle with his family members". New Indian Express. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Paktia Death Toll Rises To 41". Tolonews.com. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Wave of Taliban suicide attacks on Afghan forces kills at least 74". The Guardian. Associated Press. 17 October 2017.
- "Mersin: Bombenanschlag auf Polizeifahrzeug in Türkei". Hamburger Abendblatt (in German). Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Seven police personnel killed,several injured in Quetta bomb blast". Paktribune.
- "Dozens killed as Taliban launch fresh assaults on Afghan bases". www.geo.tv.
- "Hatay'da karakola saldırı, vatandaşlar akın etti". Hurriyet Daily News. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Grenade attacks injure 47 in Balochistan". The Nation. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- Rasmussen, Sune Engel (20 October 2017). "Dozens killed in twin bombings of mosques in Afghanistan". The Guardian.
- "Death Toll From Kabul Mosque Attack Rises To 56". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty.
- "Afghanistan mosque blasts: Dozens dead in suicide bomb attacks". Deutsche Welle.
- "Al menos dos muertos por la explosión de un coche bomba a las afueras de Mogadiscio". Europa Press. 20 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "At least two dead in bombing on Mogadishu outskirts". Reuters. 20 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "الصفحة الرسمية لوزارة الداخلية". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-11-25.
- "State Information Service condemns BBC, Reuters coverage of Wahat crime".
- "Suicide bomber kills 13 others in northeast Nigerian city: police official". Reuters. 22 October 2017. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Four Yemeni soldiers killed by suspected al Qaeda truck bombing". Reuters. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-10-27. Retrieved 2017-10-26.
- Chief, Habib Toumi, Bureau (27 October 2017). "Policeman killed in Bahrain terror attack". Gulfnews.com. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- Press, Associated (29 October 2017). "At least 23 dead in bombing and gun attack at Mogadishu hotel". Theguardian.com.
- "Bombs kill at least 17 people in Somali capital Mogadishu". Reuters.com. 28 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "At least 25 killed, 30 injured in car bombing of Somalia". Retrieved 2018-02-02.
- "Far North: At least 11 die in B/H attack". Journal du Cameroun. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "5 killed in suicide bombing at Nigeria mosque". The Straits Times. 30 October 2017. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Boko Haram mine kills mom, two children". Punch Newspapers. 30 October 2017. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "14 dead as blast rocks foreign embassy district in Afghan capital, Kabul – reports". Rt.com. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- "Six dead after ambush on Malian High Court's president". Reuters. 31 October 2017.
- "November one of the most active periods of 2017 in terrorist hotbed Mali". October 31, 2017.
- "November one of the most active periods of 2017 in terrorist hotbed Mali". October 31, 2017.
- "'Six dead' in New York as 'terrorist' mows down cyclists and pedestrians". www.skynews.com. 31 October 2017.
- "NY Police: Terror Suspect Carried Out Rampage 'In Name of ISIS'". Voice of America. November 1, 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.