|Original author(s)||Steve Chen
|Initial release||August 8, 2013|
|Operating system||iOS, Android|
MixBit is a video-sharing service that was created by two of the three co-founders of YouTube, Steve Chen and Chad Hurley. It started on August 8, 2013. MixBit's website lets users create dynamic shared videos. It competes with Vine (owned by Twitter) and Instagram (owned by Facebook) in the video sharing website market.
AVOS Systems was an Internet company founded by Chad Hudick, Steve Chen and Vijay Karunamurthy. In April 2011, it was announced that AVOS purchased Delicious, with the transition occurring in June 2011. In May 2011, AVOS purchased the social analytics company Tap 11. In May 2014, AVOS sold Delicious to Science Inc.
In 2014 AVOS transformed from an incubator into a single company working only on MixBit.
- "YouTube founders take on Vine and Instagram with MixBit video app".
- "YouTube Founders Acquire Delicious From Yahoo!". AVOS. April 28, 2011. Archived from the original on May 8, 2011. Retrieved April 28, 2011.
- "YouTube Founders Acquire Delicious". Delicious Blog. Archived from the original on April 29, 2011. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- Olivarez-Giles, Nathan (May 9, 2011). "YouTube founders buy Tap11 social media analytics firm". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on May 10, 2011. Retrieved May 9, 2011.
- Fiegerman, Seth (May 8, 2014). "Bookmarking Site Delicious Acquired for the Third Time in 10 Years". Mashable. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- "YouTube Co-Founders Split As Hurley Spins Out MixBit And Chen Joins Google Ventures".
- MixBit.com - Official Website