|Type of business||Communications Platform|
Type of site
|Social network service|
|Founded||Los Angeles, California (2012)|
Los Angeles, California,
|Launched||Public Beta - October 22, 2013|
Solaborate /ˈsōˈlabəˌrāte/ is a communication and collaboration platform for professionals and consumers alike. It allows them to do video calls, share documents, screencast and screenshare, remotely monitor their home or office, and improve their work-life balance. Solaborate is a combination of the words “social” and “collaboration”. Solaborate has both software and hardware in the form of the HELLO Messenger, and HELLO Communication Device.
- In April 2013, Solaborate launched its private beta, and announced it has raised $1 million from angel investors.
- In October 2013, at TechEd Las Vegas, Solaborate officially launched its public beta.
- In July 2016, Solaborate launched a Kickstarter campaign for HELLO 1. HELLO is a voice controlled device that can be used for video conferencing, wireless screensharing, live broadcasting, and security surveillance. The device runs on Android and is engineered with an array of four smart microphones, a 4K video sensor and quad-core processor. It also features a built-in accelerometer and tilting lens.
- In January 2018, Solaborate announced HELLO 2 at CES 2018.
People's Choice Award at SAP Palo Alto
In 2013, Solaborate has been awarded the people's choice award at SAP's Palo Alto, during the 10th startup forum.
Best in Show Award at WebRTC Conference and Expo
In 2013, Solaborate has received the “Best in Show” award at the WebRTC Conference and Expo hosted by TMC in Atlanta, Ga 
Solaborate is built in Microsoft Windows Azure Cloud Computing, using HTML5, WebSockets and WebRTC protocol for real time communication. Solaborate runs on SAP HANA platform, to provide users with real-time information on their network.
- profiles for professionals, companies, products, and services
- messaging, chat, and video
- screen sharing
- creating blogs
- real-time analytics
- file sharing and document organization
-In September 2014, Solaborate launched Solaborate app for Windows 8.1. The app integrates most of the same features and capabilities as the web and it is supported in x86, x64 and ARMS processors.
- Social media
- Social network
- Social software
- Business network
- List of social networking websites
- Remote Work: Enhancing the Human-Tech Element for Success By Vjosa Hajdini, Thrive Global
- HELLO introduces voice-controlled videoconferencing and security surveillance device By Eileen Brown, 2 August 2016, ZDNet
- HELLO The Most Advanced Video Communication Device By Hello Solaborate Team, 24 July 2016, Kickstarter
- Solaborate wins people’s choice award at SAP Startup Forum Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine By Çelik Nimani, 19 September 2013, Digjitale
- Solaborate Says WebRTC Will Affect the Future of Communication By Eshley Caputo, 8 July 2013,WebRTC World
- Solaborate launches new social platform exclusively for tech professionals By Eileen Brown, 30 April, ZDNet
- Balancing Work And Life With Solaborate By Michael Mankowski, 16 December 2013, Forbes
- Solaborate Launches Public Beta, Inviting Professionals to Use the First Social and Collaboration Platform Dedicated to Technology 22 October 2013, MarketWired
- INTRODUCING SOLABORATE APP FOR WINDOWS 8.1 05 September, 2014, ICK-Innovation Centre Kosovo