Type of site
|Available in||Korean, English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese|
|Alexa rank||51,082 (as of February 2014[update])|
Me2day (Korean: 미투데이) was a microblogging and social networking service in South Korea acquired and owned by NHN Corporation (present-day Naver Corporation). Similar to Twitter, Me2day was popular in South Korea with earlier establishments in android market, especially among adolescents and youth of twenties. Me2DAY had an open API and most of the applications built around it added entertainment benefits to the site. OpenID was available until March 2010, but since then until the site's closure at the end of June 2014, registration was required. Information acquired during registration included only email address, ID, and password. It allowed users to send and receive up to 150 characters to each other. Many people like Big Bang, Wonder Girls, 2NE1, F(x), 2PM, Kim Tae-hee, SHINee, U-Kiss and Seoul Samsung Thunders used the service as a way of keeping their fans updated about their whereabouts. Because Me2day was run by the NHN Corporation, the creator of one of the biggest Korean portal websites Naver.com, a Naver ID user could also immediately set up an account for Me2day without signing up.
A user can befriend another by adding him/her as a friend, which will send the person a request according to the account settings; a user can change account settings to enable automatic acceptance of friends or can manually accept friends by clicking accept on their friend request. In addition, a function is provided for uploading a selected day's postings onto a personal blog in Tistory.
- Summon (소환) - Similar to Twitter's "mention," allowed the user to add other users and talk to them.
- Me2 - Similar to Twitter's "retweet", allowed the user to repost another user's message. The term derives from the English expression of agreement, ‘Me, too’.
- Band - Allowed a user to start fan clubs, interest groups, etc.
- me2day had apps available for users of iOS and Android
On November 28, 2013, Me2day sent out an email to all users informing them that they will officially be shutting down the service on June 30, 2014.
- "me2day.net Site Info". Alexa Internet, Inc. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- 공시뷰어 (in Korean). KRX. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "excite" (in Japanese). Retrieved 17 May 2012.
- "Seoul Space". Retrieved 17 May 2012.
- 네이버, ‘앱플레이어’로 소셜 생태계 조성 본격 추진 (in Korean). D Daily. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- 경찰청, 젊은이와 함께 젊고 재미있게 소통 (in Korean). MT. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- 강예빈 미투데이 유상무 등장, "두 사람 친해보이는데" (in Korean). News Wave. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- ‘왓츠업’ 불참 김지원. 미투데이에 "보고싶다" 아쉬움 전해 (in Korean). Star Today. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "미투데이, 미친과 함께 하는'MEET 2011'개최" (in Korean). E Today. Retrieved 7 January 2012.