Type of site
|Social network builder|
|Created by||Skalfa LLC|
|Slogan(s)||Everybody is a creator|
Wall.fm is an online service for people to build and host social networking services, powered by Oxwall software. Wall.fm allows users over 18 years old to register a free account and create custom social networking websites. The site creation process does not involve any coding, and consists of only two steps. The distinctive Wall.fm features are user roles (member access permissions), customizable themes, activity newsfeed, website/profile/content privacy, monetization pack. One of its main competitive advantages is that the service is built on an open source platform, which means a certain degree of freedom for site owners. Wall.fm offers three plans: Starter, Pro and Ultimate. Plans offer different feature sets, disk space and bandwidth, individual support and vendor's branding removal. Every plan offers free trial.
As of January 2013, Wall.fm only offers free site registration by invites. 
Wall.fm provides all the basic functionality required to build a social website: user roles, photo/video sharing, chat, blogs, forum, groups, events, activity stream. It supports site/profile/content privacy, and allows for a certain degree of site pages customization by users and administrator, as well as general design alteration via CSS styles. Wall.fm also has site monetization features available with Pro and Ultimate plans: user credits, membership levels, and payment providers. Because features are developed as plugin extensions, they can be easily enabled/disabled via the admin dashboard.
Wall.fm for education
Support and community
Wall.fm staff provide free support via public discussion boards. Wall.fm community members can find answers to frequently asked questions, report bugs and problems, and post feature suggestions. Pro and Ultimate plans come with an individual email support option.
- "Free With/From Wall.fm". Wall.fm. Retrieved 2011-09-02.
- Another Hosted Public Beta - WackWall, OpenWack Community Software Blog, Feb 12, 2010
- WackWall is now Wall.fm!, Wall.fm Blog, Aug 19, 2010
- WackWall big relaunch coming this month, Skalfa eCommerce Press, Dec 4, 2009
- OpenWack is now Oxwall!, OpenWack Community Software Blog, Jul 24, 2010
- Wall.fm exits beta, Wall.fm Blog, Oct 28, 2010
- Wall.fm 2.0 Is Here, Wall.fm Blog, Feb 27, 2012
- Wall.fm Statistical Data, Wall.fm Blog, Jun 10, 2011
- Free site registration is now invite-only, Wall.fm blog, Jan 30, 2013
- WALL.FM: A Free, Online, Social Networking Tool, DE Tools of The Trade for Online Educators, Feb 1, 2011
- Classroom Resources - Wall.fm, TeachersFirst: The web resource by teachers, for teachers
- Wall.fm – Letting Everybody Have His Own Social Network, Magic in education!, Apr 6, 2011