Xiaohongshu app on iOS.
|Social Networking & E-commerce|
|Founder||Miranda Qu Fang & Charlwin Mao Wenchao|
By January 2019, Xiaohongshu says it has over 200 million registered users, with most of the users born after 1990s. The app allows users to post and share product reviews, travel blogs and lifestyle stories via short videos and photos. Xiaohongshu also operates RED Mall, which sells international products to Chinese users.
Xiaohongshu was founded by Miranda Qu and Charlwin Mao in 2013. The Android version was released in August 2014.
The original intention of creating Xiaohongshu was to provide a platform for users to review products bought overseas and to share their shopping experiences with the community. Founders refocused on helping local Chinese consumers contact with global retailers. In October 2014, founders started focusing on connecting Chinese consumers with global retailers and established its own cross-border e-commerce platform, where Chinese consumers can buy products from overseas and order directly.
By May 2017, Xiaohongshu users exceeded 50 million, with sales of nearly CN¥ 10 billion, making it one of the world's largest community e-commerce platform. Xiaohongshu's international logistics system REDelivery went into service during the month.
On June 6, 2017, Xiaohongshu held a shopping festival to celebrate its fourth anniversary, which sees the sales revenue exceeded CN¥ 100 million in 2 hours, while the app ranked in first place in the iOS App Store under "Shopping" category during that day.
- "About Xiaohongshu". Xingin Information Technology (Shanghai) Co, Ltd. Retrieved 2019-02-16. (in Chinese)
- "Xiaohongshu (Little Red Book) is fostering e-commerce via word of mouth - WalktheChat". WalktheChat. 2018-06-10. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- Flannery, Russell (2 June 2018). "Alibaba, Tencent, K11 Adrian Cheng Join $300M Investment Round For Xiaohongshu". Forbes. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- "Billion Dollar Unicorns: Xiaohongshu Leverages Social Commerce to Join the Club". Sramana Mitra. 2016-08-19. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- Sentance, Rebecca (23 October 2018). "Xiaohongshu: How a Chinese ecommerce app built a thriving community around UGC". EConsultancy. Retrieved 23 February 2019.
- Dudarenok, Ashley (2018-06-17). "How to launch your product on China's popular Xiaohongshu fashion platform". The Next Web. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- Udemans, Christopher. "Alibaba leads $300 million investment in Xiaohongshu". Technode. Retrieved 1 June 2018.