Cultural Monuments of Exceptional Importance
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (February 2016)|
Cultural Monuments of Exceptional Importance (Serbian: Споменици културе од изузетног значаjа / Spomenici kulture od izuzetnog značaja) are monuments and locations of cultural and historic significance to Serbia, some of which are also UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Those are part of the Cultural Heritage of Serbia protection list.
- Kosovo is the subject of a territorial dispute between the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Serbia. The Republic of Kosovo unilaterally declared independence on 17 February 2008, but Serbia continues to claim it as part of its own sovereign territory. The two governments began to normalise relations in 2013, as part of the Brussels Agreement. Kosovo has been recognised as an independent state by 108 out of 193 United Nations member states.
- Group of authors, „Spomeničko nasleđe Srbije: nepokretna kulturna dobra od izuzetnog i od velikog značaja“ (II edition), Belgrade, 2007. ISBN 978-86-80879-60-4
- Spomenici kulture od izuzetnog značaja. Ministry of Culture (Serbian)
- Republican Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments (Serbian)
- List of cultural monuments in Serbia (Serbian)