This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Mian Shahbaz Sharif
|13th and 16th Chief Minister of Punjab|
8 June 2013
|Prime Minister||Muhammad Nawaz Sharif|
|Governor||Malik Muhammad Rafique Rajwana|
|Preceded by||Najam Sethi|
|Majority||Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
8 June 2008 – 26 March 2013
|President||Asif Ali Zardari|
|Prime Minister||Yousaf Raza Gillani
Raja Parvez Ashraf
Mir Hazar Khan Khoso
|Governor||Makhdoom Ahmed Mehmood
|Preceded by||Dost Muhammad Khosa|
|Succeeded by||Najam Sethi|
20 February 1997 – 12 October 1999
|President||Muhammad Rafiq Tarar
|Prime Minister||Nawaz Sharif|
Zulfiqar Ali Khosa
|Preceded by||Mian Muhammad Afzal Hayat|
|Succeeded by||Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi|
|President of Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
30 September 2009 – 27 July 2010
|Vice President||Ghaus Ali Shah|
|Preceded by||Chaudhry Nisar|
|Succeeded by||Nawaz Sharif|
23 September 1951 |
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
|Political party||Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
|Spouse(s)||Begum Nusrat (1973–1993)
Aaliya Honey (1993–1994)
Tehmina Durrani (m. 2003)
|Children||6 (including Hamza Shahbaz)|
|Parents||Shamim and Mian Sharif|
|Relatives||See Sharif family|
Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif (Punjabi, Urdu: میاں محمد شہباز شریف, pronounced [miˈɑ̃ː mʊˈɦəm.məd̪ ʃɛhˈbɑːz ʃəˈriːf]; born 23 September 1951) is a Pakistani politician and the current Chief Minister of Punjab since 8 June 2013.
Part of the politically prominent Sharif family, he is the son of Mian Sharif (founder of Ittefaq Group) and the brother of current Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif who is also President of the Pakistan Muslim League (N). Shahbaz Sharif was elected to the Punjab Provincial Assembly in 1988, and to the National Assembly in 1990. He was again elected to the Punjab Assembly in 1993 and named Leader of the Opposition. Elected a third time in 1997, Sharif was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Punjab on 20 February 1997.
After a military coup deposed the government in 1999, Sharif spent years of self-exile in Saudi Arabia, returning to Pakistan in 2007. Sharif was appointed Chief Minister for a second term after the PML-N's victory in the province in the 2008 general elections, but was deposed in 2009 after President Asif Zardari imposed governor's rule under Salmaan Taseer, following the Sharif brothers' electoral disqualification by the Supreme Court. The Sharifs were acquitted after the prime minister Yousaf Raza Gilani restored the judiciary due to Long March, and governor's rule was lifted. Sharif's second term focused on development in infrastructure, and successfully combating an outbreak of dengue fever in 2011.
- 1 Life and marriages
- 2 First term as Chief Minister
- 3 Return to Pakistan
- 4 Second term as Chief Minister
- 5 Third term as Chief Minister
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Life and marriages
Sharif was born on September 23, 1951, into a Muslim family of Kashmiris in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. His father, Muhammad Sharif, was an Industrialist, who founded Ittefaq Group, while, his mother was, Shamim Akhtar. His father was from Amritsar, who migrated to Pakistan after the partition of India. He has two brothers, Abbas, and Nawaz. Nawaz is the president of Pakistan Muslim League (N), and a three-time elected Prime Minister of Pakistan. His sister-in-law, Kalsoom Butt, is the First Lady of Pakistan, a three time non-consecutive term. One of his niece, Maryam Nawaz is also in politics.
Sharif married three times 'allegedly', first to his cousin, Nusrat Shehbaz. The couple married in 1973, and had two sons, Salman and Hamza, and three daughters. Hamza is also a politician, and a member of National Assembly of Pakistan. Since 2003, Sharif is married to Tehmina Durrani, the author of My Feudal Lord. He lives at his ancestral home in Lahore, Raiwind Palace, with his family, which is maintained by the people tax money.
First term as Chief Minister
In 1999 he was put in exile in London with his brother as a result of some untold problems with Musharraf.
President of Pakistan Muslim League
Sharif was elected President of PML on 3 August 2002 while in exile in Saudi Arabia. He was re-elected President of PML for a second term on 2 August 2006.
Return to Pakistan
On 7 September 2007, judge Shabbir Hussain Chatha ordered police to arrest Sharif and produce him before the court, after the hearing in Lahore. The court ruled that "Sharif should be arrested (at) whichever airport he lands at." Nawaz Sharif too faces detention on the pair's planned return from exile to Pakistan on 10 September 2007, to challenge President Pervez Musharraf's 8-year military rule.
Sharif changed return plans at the last minute. Cowards.
Second term as Chief Minister
On 8 June 2008, Sharif was elected as Chief Minister of Punjab, receiving 265 votes from the members of the 371-seat provincial assembly. He was the only candidate, and the Pakistan Muslim League-Q (PMLN-Q) boycotted the vote. Speaking after his election, he called on Musharraf to resign. He won a vote of confidence on 9 June, receiving 266 votes.
His second term as Chief Minister lasted until 25 February 2009, when a three-member bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan, headed by Justice Moosa K. Leghari, declared him ineligible to contest elections, took away his seat in the Punjab Assembly, and thereby removed him from office. On 31 March 2009, a five-member larger bench of the Supreme Court overturned an earlier decision of the apex court, in which Nawaz and Shehbaz Sharif were disqualified from holding public office. As a result, Shehbaz returned to office as Chief Minister.
Shehbaz Sharif Govt. Initiatives
Some of the major projects initiated by Sharif include
- Punjab Educational Endowment Fund a scholarship fund for students
- Punjab Education Foundation a Foundation to promote educational investment in Punjab by promoting private sector
- Lahore Metro Bus System The project was initiated by Pervez Elahi Govt in 2005. But only feasibility was done during his tenure. The Shahbaz Sharif Govt. delayed the project and instead of all four routes for which feasibility was completed, went for only one route of 27 km Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system from Gajumata to Shahadra.
- Danish Schools is a free education project to provide top class education to the less fortunate in Pakistan
- Apna Rozgar Scheme is initiative taken by Punjab Govt. to give 50,000 yellow Taxi's yearly
- Khud Rozgar Scheme is a loan scheme in which interest-free loans are provided to poors to establish small shops or other locally operative business.
- Punjab Metrobus Authority to construct, maintain rapid bus transit systems in Punjab
- Punjab Food Authority to control food hygiene in Punjab
- Punjab Information Technology Board to promote IT field in Punjab
- Punjab Land Development Company to make affordable housing schemes in Punjab
- ITU Lahore a world class university in field of IT in Lahore
- Ashiana Housing Scheme Affordable Housing for low income families with modern facilities in Lahore, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, Sargodha, Gujranwala & other cities of Punjab.
- e-Youth Initiative to provide free laptops to 100 thousand brilliant students studying at public sector colleges & universities and high achievers of the Boards of Punjab in Matriculation Examinations
- Punjab Forensic Science Agency at Lahore Establishing of PFSA and a state of the art forensic lab
- Punjab Youth Internship Program A program to equip 50,000 unemployed youth with productive skills in Punjab. A monthly stipend of Rs 10,000 will be paid to the interns.
- Plan9 – Tech Incubator A program designed to accelerate the successful development of entrepreneurial companies through an array of business support resources and services
- Lahore Waste Management Company An Integrated Solid Waste Management project with collaboration of Turkish contractors for the city of Lahore to serve as a model for other areas in Punjab.
- e-Rozgaar Program for Freelancers 
- The Punjab Model of Proactive Governance A system to proactively seek feedback from consumers of government services using call centres, text messages and phone calls. The project has been supported and funded by the World Bank.
- Violence Against Women Centers Violence Against Women Center (VAWC) was established for the defence of women against violence. Through this entity, the victim will be able to report violence through the use of its helpline and get speedy justice. This entity will also provide victim facility to lodge FIR along with forensic help, medical examination, prosecution and post-trauma rehabilitation under one roof.The first Violence Against Women Center has been inaugurated in Multan. The center will provide medical and legal aid, protection and relief for women victimized by violence. The Violence Against Women Center will provide services including FIR registration, provide psychological, forensic, legal, medcolegal, investigation, rehabilitation and examination facilities under one roof. 
- Facebook Q&A Session A precedent was set by Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif when he took the initiative to contact the people directly on social media website Facebook and directly answer the questions of the citizens. It was the first time in the Pakistani political history where a sitting chief minister used technology to communicate with citizens directly. In his 40 minutes long video Q&A session, Shehbaz Sharif answered questions of people from different walks of life. This process of contact with Facebook public will continue in future as well. In previous tenure of 1998, Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif also started initiative of taking calls personally to resolve issues of the citizens.
- Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology Following the reforms in health sector, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif inaugurated the successful completion of Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology. This hospital has been completed at the cost of Rs. 3.6 billion. The 272-bed hospital is equipped with high medical facilities to provide complete health facilities.
- Quaid-e-Azam Solar Power Park (QASP) Quaid-e-Azam Solar Power Park is the world's largest solar park, located in Cholistan, Punjab. It has around 400,000 solar panels with a capacity to produce 1,000 MW electricity, enough to power 320,000 households.
- Lahore Orange Line Metro The Orange Line of Lahore Metro is an under construction line of the Lahore Metro network in Lahore. It is a part of mass transit programme launched by Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif. EXIM bank of China has granted a loan of Rs. 160 billion for Orange Line Metro. The repayment of this loan is spread over 20 years, Rs. 8 billion per year. The payment of this amount will be made from the transport budget of Punjab government. Construction work for Lahore Orange Line Metro Train project has started in the provincial metropolis. Labourers, workers, students, doctors, lawyers, farmers, traders and people of all walks of life will travel by metro train and approximately over 250,000 people will benefit from this project daily and the capacity will increase up to 500,000 by 2025. Lahore Orange Line Metro has a 27 km long route. 24.3 km long section will be at a height of six meters from the ground while 1.7 km track will be underground with total of 26 stations. Metro train will be connecting all the main areas of Lahore starting from Ali Town, Thokar Niaz Baig, Wahdat Road, Aiwan Town, Sabzazaar, Samanabad, Gulshan Ravi, Chuburji, GPO, Lakshami, Railway Station, UET, Shalamar Bagh, Mehmood Boti to Dera Gujjaran. It will bring a revolution in transport sector and work will be carried out round the clock on this project. The project will achieve a saving of Rs. 14.9 billion in the first five years of operation in terms of travel time and vehicle operating costs. In addition to reduction of congestion, the end-to-end travel time will be 45 minutes compared to 2.5 hours spent while travelling on this route.
- Multan Metro Bus Service The Multan Metro Bus has been inaugurated. 18.5 KM long bus lane with 21 stations has been completed at cost of twenty eight billion rupees. 95,000 people will travel through Multan Metro Bus service.
- The Dolphin Force Its is a new elite security unit, inspired by law enforcement unit in Turkey. This unit is patrolling the streets of Lahore to curb street crimes. The unit has so far received 35 HONDA CB motorbikes out of an estimated final strength of 300 to aid in pursuit and apprehension.
- 50 thousand low cost houses in Punjab An agreement was signed between Punjab government and a renowned housing sector institution of Turkey, Housing Development Administration Turkey (TOKI) for developing 50,000 low cost houses in Punjab. TOKI will provide technical assistance for construction of these houses. 25 thousand houses will be built in 2016 whereas further 25 thousand houses in 2017.
- Land Records and Management and Information System (LRMIS) Punjab government has formally inaugurated Land Records and Management and Information System in all the 36 districts of Punjab province. The manual record of 22,000 rural estates of more than 55.5 million landowners have been digitized by now. State of the art Arazi Centers have been established in all 143 tehsils in the province of Punjab to deliver services. This system has fixed 500 million discrepancies and service centers are issuing around 150, 000 fards per month. In addition, some 150,000 land transfer deals are approved per month. By 2016, land records have been computerized in 30 districts along with linking of 92 service centres online. In addition, Google mapping of Lodhran, Lahore and Hafizabad has been completed. Land search can be done online in Lodhran, Lahore, Okara, Hafizabad, Bahawalnagar, Jhang, Bahawalpur, Hafizabad, Jhelum, Rajanpur, Khosab and Khanewal  A customer can get ‘fard’ in 30 minutes after going through basic minimum formalities.
- Children Hospital Faisalabad It is the world's second largest and Asia's second largest children hospital. 1000 bed children hospital with state of the art centrally air conditioned emergency and OPD block, this hospital has been established on special directive of Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif.
- Safe Cities Project*  Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif inaugurated Safe Cities Project in Lahore with a plan to extend this system throughout Punjab. The basic purpose of this system is to protect citizens and their property from any harm by nefarious elements. Safe Cities Project in Lahore has Asia's largest surveillance screen installed for monitoring the entire city. 10,000 camera have been installed in Lahore for comprehensive coverage of public institutions, key infrastructure, public roads, prime hotspots and public places. Safe City project will be implemented in 6 cities of Punjab by 2017 including Multan, Rawalpindi, Bahawalpur, Faisalabad, Gujranwala and Sargodha. This system will ensure improved service delivery through provision of integrated emergency services like Rescue 1122, Fire Fighting and disaster relief to the police and public. Public will be informed of traffic density and alternate routes through Variable Messaging System and broadcast. Police respondents will be available for real time monitoring of processions and law and order situations. Through this system, public satisfaction will increase as real time comparison of suspected persons with criminal and other allied departmental databases will be conducted.
CM's Special Monitoring Unit
Special Monitoring Unit (SMU) is an initiative of Mr Shehbaz Sharif. CM's Special Monitoring Unit (SMU) Law and Order is an entity of the Government of Punjab and an essential part of the Chief Minister's Office. The unit is responsible for monitoring and implementation of various projects across Punjab. The unit is directly accountable to the CM and the citizens of the province of Punjab.
Since its inception in August 2014, SMU has already introduced ground breaking reforms in Law & Order wing that are currently in implementation stage. These include but are not limited to: Violence Against Women Centres (VAWC) – Provision of all facilities under one roof (including First Aid, FIR lodging, Prosecutor, Medical Examination, Forensics, Post Trauma Rehabilitation, Psychologist Consulting, Dar-ul-Amaans and Placement into Society) Dealer Vehicle Registration System (D.V.R.S) – Citizen convenience by vehicle registration and license plate issuance at dealerships. Token Tax Identification Stickers – to eliminate inconvenient checkpoint stops  Specialty plates – Customized license plates in different colours and with options for different images (relating to Culture, Disability, Personalities, Punjab Landmarks and in support of causes such as Breast Cancer, Terror Victims etc.) • Introduction of camera integrated traffic fines with zero discrimination towards violators. Vehicle owners are traced by the registration plate data and warnings are sent to the owner’s house. Model Graveyards to facilitate grieving citizens  • Traffic Reforms including engineering, education and enforcement  • Restaurant Grading System which will give citizens the decision making power to choose restaurants based on quality and hygiene as opposed to the ambiance.
Shahbaz Sharif is acknowledged even by his opponents as an outstanding administrator for his role in making Punjab a model of good governance.
Punjab Protection of Women against Violence Act 2015
The Punjab Assembly passed a long-awaited and landmark Punjab Protection of Women Against Violence Act 2015. This bill has 31 clauses and provides a complete system for complaint registration along with penalties for offenders. This act contains remedies for victims of violence. It also criminalise all forms of violence against women along with providing special centers providing services and protection to women against violence and abuse. Centers are being established for reconciliation and resolution of disputes. In addition, shelter homes will be built for protecting aggrieved women providing lodging and boarding facilities to the victim and children.
Punjab Agriculture Conference 2016
Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif announced a package of Rs 100 billion for the development of agriculture sector. It was announced at the Punjab Agriculture Conference 2016. Representatives of farmers, agriculture experts and government gathered at one platform to make deliberations in working groups for the formulation of concrete recommendations and proposals. Through this conference, a solid policy for agriculture will be formulated. The Rs 100 billion budget will be spent on the prosperity of agriculture and farmers during the next two years. A major chunk of this budget will be allocated to research and development departments for the improvement of agriculture. In adittion, Kissan Commission will also be set up to resolve problems or farmers, developing agriculture and increasing per acre yield.
Prohibition of Child Labour in Brick Kilns Ordinance 2016
Punjab government under the supervision of Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif passed Prohibition of Child Labor in Brick Kilns Ordinance 2016 to eliminate child labor throughout the province of Punjab. Government of the Punjab launched a mega campaign to eliminate child labour and the ordinance offers the following package to children currently working at brick kilns in Punjab:
• Monthly scholarship of Rs. 1000/- to every child going to school. • Government of Punjab to bear all educational expenses. • Free uniform, textbooks and stationery. • Transport facility to be extended to the children of far flung areas. • Sum of two thousand rupees to be given to the parents of such children going to school.
Fight against Dengue
In 2011 there was a Dengue fever outbreak in Punjab. The total number of reported patients was 17,352, with loss of 252 lives in district Lahore only. The Punjab government under Chief Minister Sharif took radical and drastic measures to bring this menace completely under control. In 2012 only 182 confirmed cases were reported in district Lahore with zero mortality. The achievement was recognised and appreciated by Sri Lankan and other foreign experts.
Special Investment Initiatives
In November 2015, Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif decided to sharpen the investment pitch for Punjab by organizing a successful two-day International Seminar for Investment Opportunities in Punjab. The basic purpose of this seminar was to give assurance to the investors about the sanctity of the information and facilitation for investors in order to help them make up their minds when entering a new emerging market. This seminar facilitated investors in pointing out their expectations and highlighting possible gaps. Punjab honed its investment promotion skills through this seminar and invited some of the most trusted business partners, chiefly Chinese and Turks. The Chief Minister of Punjab personally attended the investment delegates from China and Turkey and proposed the investment opportunities available in 48 different sectors in Punjab. It was a successful event which resulted in signing of over 150 MoUs and agreements with the investors 
Shehbaz Sharif went on a five-day tour to the United Kingdom in November 2015 to enhance cooperation in health, education, skill development and other sectors in Punjab. At this occasion, he met British Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Philip Hammond and UK Home Minister Ms. Theresa. He also addressed Chatham House, a think tank of international repute under the aegis of Royal Institute of International Affairs in London. He addressed a large number of professors, intellectuals, politicians and experts at this occasion. It must be mentioned that addressing intellectual sessions at Chatham House is a prestigious tradition as Chatham House is about 100 years' old and only prominent personalities or politicians with international repute are invited for address.
Third term as Chief Minister
On 6 June 2013, Sharif was elected Chief Minister of Punjab for a third term with more than two-thirds majority. He secured 300 votes while his opponent Mahmoodur Rashid of PTI got 34 votes.
Punjab Budget 2016-2017
Punjab budget 2016-17 was presented on June 13 by Punjab Finance Minister Ayesha Ghaus Pasha. An accumulate budget of Rs. 1,681 billion was presented in the budget. The budget allocation for agriculture has been increased by 47%, for law and order by 48%, for health by 62%, for education by 47%, for potable water by 88%, for school education by 71% and for other developmental projects an increase by 37.5%. This budget is primarily focused on social development rather than infrastructure. From providing education to each and every kid in Punjab to women empowerment, it is a socially directed budget with unique initiatives. Some of the highlights of this budget include:
A total of Rs. 256 billion has been allocated to education in Punjab budget 2016-2017. A total pf Rs. 43.83 billion has been allocated to health in Punjab budget 2016-17. Major part of this budget will be spent on revamping DHQ and THQ hospitals throughout Punjab. Punjab government has already announced a historic package of Rs. 100 billion for agriculture. Out of this package, Rs. 50 billion will be allocated to agriculture in 2016-17. Women Development & Empowerment has been given a substantial share of the budget including initiatives such as Help Desk in police stations, 40% quota for women in self-employment scheme and establishment of Women Protection Center in Multan. For empowering and supporting youth through different initiatives, Punjab government has allocated Rs. 23.3 billion in 2016-17 budget. For establishing law and order throughout the province, the Punjab government has allocated Rs. 145 billion.
China's Investment Tour
Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif went on an elaborate tour to China from July 24–29. The tour not only was focused on bringing in more investment to Punjab by presenting favorable side of the province but also to celebrate 67 years of Pak-China friendship. Chief Minister traveled from Beijing to Jimo and met higher authorities of all the developmental sectors including health, energy and infrastructure. The term Punjab Speed is used in China with regard to rapid execution of projects, said the Chairman of EXIM bank in a meeting with Shehbaz Sharif. In his six days tour visiting four cities, Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Chinese authorities successfully signed 20 agreements and 25 memorandum of understandings for health, energy, infrastructure and other sectors. In addition, the chief minister told the Chinese authorities that work has been started on implementation of a $46 billion investment package by China. Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif met the top management of Huawei company. In the meeting, it was decided that Huawei will incorporate its healthcare solution in one of the DHQs in Punjab free of cost. If the incorporation brings desired results, this solution will be expanded in all 36 districts of Punjab. The Chief Minister visited Beijing Friendship hospital and met the top management. In a fruitful meeting, a proposition was made to Friendship hospital that their team of experts will visit Pakistan Kidney & Liver Institute to assess the training needs and train the Pakistani doctors accordingly. At a business seminar in Shandong where 60 key companies of China were present, Vice Governor Shandong said that Shehbaz Sharif has furthered Pak-China relationship in a real sense. The chief minister ensured that best facilities will be provided to the Chinese investors and their team in Punjab.
Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif went on a three-day tour to Turkey from July 25–27. The most prominent highlight of this tour includes Shehbaz Sharif's meeting with Turkish Health Minister Dr. Recep Akdag. In this meeting, a memorandum of understanding was signed as per which Turkey will extend its cooperation to uplift healthcare system in Punjab. The cooperation will include safe dispoal of hospital waste and disinfection and infection control in health facilities. Shehbaz Sharif also attended the opening ceremony of Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge on personal invitation of Turkish President Erdogan. Shehbaz Sharif was among the leading leadership of the world on this inauguration. Later, the chief minister also had one-on-one meeting with president Erdogan.
Shahbaz Sharif elected PML-N Punjab President unopposed
Chief Minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif was elected unopposed as the president of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz Punjab in the recently held  intra-party elections. Senior party leaders congratulated Shehbaz Sharif on being elected the president and said that it signifies people's confidence in Shehbaz Sharif's vision. On this occasion, chief minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif said that democracy is the only way towards making Pakistan successful. He said that PMLN believes in the politics of serving people. He also said that intra-party elections will help in maintaining democratic culture which is necessary for future transition of power.
Model Town Massacre
Model Town tragedy was unintentional clash between police and PAT workers. Police claimed that they were attacked by people inside the PAT secretariat, a claim that is denied by party chief Qadri. Qadri strongly condemned the attack and called it the worst form of state terrorism. Qadri vowed to avenge the deaths of his political workers by bringing about a revolution that would hasten the end of the rule of prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his brother Shehbaz Sharif.
Government of Punjab and Punjab Police refused to register an FIR by Pakistan Awami Tehreek against Shehbaz Sharif and then Law Minister Rana Sanaullah. PAT filed an application to Session Court of Lahore for registration of FIR and court ruled, on 16 August 2014, to register an FIR against Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif, his brother Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, then Law Minister Punjab Rana Sanaullah and 18 others. Lahore High Court upheld the decision of Sessions Court on 26 August 2014 to register the FIR against Shehbaz Sharif and 20 other accused. Sharif in an earlier statement offered to register FIR, but refused to resign from his post as Chief Minister of Punjab. In 2014, Judicial Commission which was formed to investigate actual cause concluded that Punjab Govt was involved in the incident.
Kasur child sexual abuse scandal
In August 2015, various Pakistani media organisations uncovered the biggest child abuse case according to which 280 to 300 children were victims of sexual abuse in Hussain Khanwala village in Kasur, after the discovery of hundreds of video clips showing children performing forced sex acts. The scandal caused nationwide outrage, among allegations that the Punjab police and Malik Ahmed Saeed, Kasur's Member of the Provincial Assembly, were involved in an attempted cover-up of the abuse.On 9 August 2015, Sharif ordered the Punjab Home Department to request Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court Manzoor Ahmed Malik to constitute a judicial inquiry to look into the matter. The Chief Justice rejected the request, on the grounds that such an inquiry was constituted for fact-finding missions, and that the police had already begun making arrests in this instance. Kasur's DSP and three high-ranking officials of the Special Branch deputed in the region for their negligence in the case.
- Shaikh, Shakil. "Governor's rule imposed in Punjab as Sharif brothers disqualified". The News (26 February 2009). Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- Dengue under control: Health department The News International (18 October 2012)
- "Shehbaz confirms marriage to Tehmina". Daily Times (Pakistan). 24 February 2005. Retrieved 9 April 2013.
- Shahzad, Syed Saleem (26 January 2008). "Sharif picked to tame Pakistan's militancy". Asia Times. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Former Pak PM's brother elected provincial chief executive". People's Daily Online. Xinhua. 9 June 2008. Retrieved 4 September 2012.
- "CM Shehbaz Sharif gets Vote of Confidence", Pakistan Times, 10 June 2008.
- Pakistan faces instability as Sharif disqualified. The China Post (26 February 2009). Retrieved on 7 April 2012.
- Court clears the way for Nawaz Sharif to return to power The Telegraph (31 March 2009)
- "PEEF—a dream come true for the underprivileged | SAMAA TV". Samaa TV. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) has launched "Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) The Govt. of the Punjab Scholarship Apply Today , Eligibility Criteria , Application Form ,Ph.d Scholarships Ad ,List of Subject Areas , Scholarship Coverage ,Allocation of the scholarships Geographical distribution of scholarships and How to Apply for New Scholarship Program offered by Govt. of Punjab – Education In Pakistan". theeducation.pk. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF) and Department For International Development (DFID) UKAID Scholarships". www.nust.edu.pk. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Punjab Education Endowment Fund PEEF Scholarships 2014-2015 Form". he.com.pk. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Metro Bus Service Lahore: Route Map and Stop Stations". emap.pk. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "Metro Bus Service: Punjab pays Rs5m per day as subsidy - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2014-10-25. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- administrator (2013-02-09). "Lahore Metro Bus System". Trending Topics in Pakistan. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- "e-Rozgaar Project of Worth Rs 560 Million Launched in Punjab for Online Business Training - Khaleej Mag". www.khaleejmag.com. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- , Punjab Model for Proactive Governance: New anti-corruption drive makes waves, The Express Tribune (19 February 2012).
- Shehbaz Deserves Better The Nation (3 November 2012)
- , Shehbaz Sworn in as CM Punjab for Third Time, Dawn.com
- "State Terrorism will not be tolerated: Qadri". The News International. 17 June 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Qadri vows to take revenge by revolution". The Nation. 23 June 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Model Town tragedy: Court rules case be registered against Nawaz, Shahbaz and 19 others". DAWN. 16 August 2014. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
- Ghumman, Tauqir (26 August 2014). "Model Town violence: LHC upholds decision to file FIR against PM, 20 others". DAWN. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Haider, Mateen (25 August 2014). "Shahbaz agrees to Model Town FIR registration, refuses to resign: sources". DAWN. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Javed, Ashraf (8 August 2015). "Country's biggest child abuse scandal jolts Punjab". The Nation. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "Shahbaz promises judicial inquiry into Kasur incident". The News International. 10 August 2015. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
Mian Muhammad Afzal Hayat
|Chief Minister of Punjab
Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi
Dost Muhammad Khosa
Salmaan Taseer (Governor's Rule)
|Party political offices|
|President of the Pakistan Muslim League