|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Location of district in Gujarat
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Navsari is an administrative district in the state of Gujarat in India, with its headquarters at Navsari city. The district covers an area of 2,211 square kilometres, and had a population of 1,229,250 in 2001.
Dudhia Talao: Dudhia Talao had been a lake. It has become a major market area with a shopping center. There is a reputed eye hospital near Dudhia Talao built in early 1970s. The Ashapuri Temple is on Dudhia Talao. Part of the Dudhia Talao was given to J.N. Tata Navsari Memorial Trust and they filled up the pond and built one of the finest auditoriums in Navsari where performing arts and meetings take place. It is known as J.N. Tata Memorial Hall.
Navsari has a large Parsi-Zoroastrian community. Dr. Dadabhoy Navroji & Mr. Jamshedji Tata, founder of the Tata group of companies, were born here. J. N. Tata's birthplace is still preserved as a memorial by the local branch of Tata Steel Factory in the outskirts of the city.
Sayaji Vaibhav Public Library is an important public building in Navsari. Meherji Rana Library of Tarota Bazaar, Motafalia, Navsari has one of the oldest scriptures of Zoroastrian community.
The city picked up a greater pace commercially during the diamond polishing business soared in the region.
Jehangir Talkies is one of the oldest cinema house. The name talkies implies that it refers to the era when movies started talking.
Tower is a clock tower in Navsari. It serves as important landmark. The old post office of Navsari was near the Tower. Navsari's postal code is 396445.
According to the 2011 census Navsari district has a population of 1,330,711, roughly equal to the nation of Mauritius or the US state of Maine. This gives it a ranking of 366th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 602 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,560/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 8.24%. Navsari has a sex ratio of 961 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 84.78%.
Navsari district is divided into 6 talukas:
Colleges & Universities
- Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari
- B P Baria Science College, Navsari
- Sorabji Burjorji Garda Arts College, Navsari
- P.K. Patel Commerce College, Navsari
- Navsari Law College, Navsari
- Naranlala College Of Commerce & Management (NLCCM), Navsari
- Naranlala College of Professional and Applied Science (NLCPAS), Navsari
- Naran Lala Institute of Teacher Education (NLITE), Navsari
- Naran Lala School of Industrial Management & Computer Science (MBA Programme), Navsari
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology and Research Centre, Navsari
- GIDC Degree Engineering College, Navsari
- Vallabhbudhi Polytechnic, Navsari
- Arts And Commerce College, Chovisi (Dist:Navsari)
- S.S.Agrawal College of Arts, Commerce and Management, Navsari
- S.S.Agrawal College of Nursing Training College and Research Centre, Navsari
- S.S.Agrawal Institute of Management and Technology, Navsari
- V.S.Patel Arts & Science College, Bilimora
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Navsari
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Bilimora
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Chikhli
- College of Applied Sciences and Professional Studies (CASPS), Chikhli
- Government Science College, Chikhli
- Government Arts & Commerce College, Vansda
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Manpur (Vansda)
- Divine Public School Chhapra Road Dantej Navsari
- Seventh day Adventist(SDA) Higher Secondary School, Vijalpore, Navsari
- Savitaben Girdharlal Manekchand Shiroiya English School, Chhapra Road, Navsari
- Bai Navajbai Tata Girls' High School, Dastur Wad Navsari
- Seth R.J.J. High School
- Sheth Purushottamdas Harjivandas Vidyalaya (Sanskar Bharti)
- D.K. Tata High School
- The Navsari High School, Navsari.
- Real English School, Kolasana, Navsari
- Dinbai Daboo Girls High School
- St. Francis of Assisi Convent High School
- Vidya Kunj
- Sir C.J.N.Z. Madresa Highschool
- Seth I.M.Banatwala Highschool
- Ashram Shala (Bhaktashram)
- Sheth Hiralal Chhotolal Parekh,Navsari High School
- A.H.M.P.Highschool (Akhil Hind Mahila Parishad Highschool)
- R D Parjapapti highschool vasan
- AB Higher Secondary School.
- Savitaben Girdharlal Mayachand Shiroiya Senior Secondary School
- Aisha Siddiqa School (private primary school) in Jogwad
- Shree S.R.M.M Vidhyalaya,vankal
- Late G.C Patel vidhyalaya
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Mauritius 1,303,717 July 2011 est.
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "Mahal Eco Campsite". Gujarat Tourism. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- Nowell, Kristin; Jackson, Peter (1996). Wild Cats: Status Survey and Conservation Action Plan (PDF). Gland, Switzerland: IUCN/SSC Cat Specialist Group. pp. 1–334. ISBN 2-8317-0045-0.
- "Vansda National Park". Gujarat Tourism. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
||Surat district||Tapi district|
|Arabian Sea||Dang district|
|Valsad district||Nashik district, Maharashtra|