Patna Medical College and Hospital
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Patna Medical College Hospital|
|Location||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Affiliated university||Aryabhatta Knowledge University|
Patna Medical College and Hospital (abbreviated PMCH) established in 1925 and originally known as Prince of Wales Medical College, is a medical college located in Patna, the state capital of Bihar, India. It is located on the southern bank of the river Ganges and is now affiliated to Aryabhatta Knowledge University (previously: Patna University). The exact location is on Ashok Rajpath which is home to many other notable colleges of Patna University. It boasts of more than 1748 beds which is at par with AIIMS. The college has many firsts to its credit, and the ever-expanding website of the Department of Community Medicine here is one such venture in the new era of the technology revolution. The emergency dept.is called IGCE(Indira Gandhi Central Emergency),it has 220 beds which is separate building in the campus and not included in the 1748 bed counts of hospital,so altogether it is one of the busiest hospital of state and in India with bed count of around 2000.The average daily opd patients is one of the highest in India(Safdurjung hospital,Newdelhi,having the highest)
In 2015, careers360 ranked college 28th among all the medical colleges of india. It was ranked 1st in Bihar and one of the top medical colleges of Eastern India.
How to reach
Patna Medical college is situated in Ashok Rajpath.
- Bidhan Chandra Roy
- Dukhan Ram (Padma Bhushan)
- B. Mukhopadhyaya (Padma Bhushan)
- Narendra Kumar Pandey (1974 batch) - Padma Shri (2014) - Chairman and Director of Asian Institute of Medical Sciences
- S. N. Arya (Padma Shri)
- C. P. Thakur (former Union Minister)
- Gopal Prasad Sinha
- Nitin M. Nagarkar (AIIMS Raipur Founder Director)
- Sunil Shroff
- Vijay Prakash Singh (1972 batch)- Padma Shri (2003)
- Sinha, Nishant (16 October 2012). "Medical Council of India team inspects Patna Medical College and Hospital". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "PMCH juniors doctors on strike". Hindustan Times. 14 June 2012. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- Bhatia, Banjot Kaur (13 April 2014). "No incubator in Patna Medical College and Hospital paediatrics department". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- PMCH wikimapia