Pertamina Energy Tower
|Pertamina Energy Tower|
|Type||Office, observation, energy|
|Location||Kav. Rasuna Off Park (ROP) Unit XO-02, JL. HR. Rasuna Said -, South Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Architectural||523 metres (1,716 ft)|
|Tip||523 metres (1,716 ft)|
|Top floor||515 metres (1,690 ft)|
|Floor area||495,000 m2 (5,328,100 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM)|
|Structural engineer||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM)|
Pertamina Energy Tower is a 99-storey, 530-metre (1,740 ft) skyscraper currently on hold in Jakarta, Indonesia. It was designed and planned by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM) , a private architecture and engineering company, and it was supposed to be the new HQ of the state-owned energy company Pertamina.
The tower is to have a dual structural system composed of a central reinforced concrete core and a perimeter composite moment frame. The two systems are connected at regular intervals along the height using steel outrigger and belt trusses.
Postponement of the construction
On 20 February 2015, Pertamina Finance Director Arief Budiman, confirmed that further construction of the Pertamina Energy Tower was suspended due to "depressed oil prices." 
Restart of a scaled-down tower
- "Pertamina Tower". The Skyscraper Center. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- Djumena, Erlangga, ed. (1 June 2015). "Pembangunan Pertamina Tower Ditunda" [The Building of Pertamina Tower is Delayed]. Kompas (in Indonesian). Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- Charles Besjak, Preetam Biswas, Georgi I. Petrov, Gavin Meinschein, Alexander Jordan (2015). "New Heights in Sustainability—Pertamina Energy Tower". Proceedings of ASCE Structures Congress 2015.
- Charles Besjak, Preetam Biswas, Georgi I. Petrov, Matthew Streeter, Devin Austin (2017). "Effects of Perimeter to Core Connectivity on Tall Building Behavior". International Journal of High-Rise Buildings. 6 (1).
- "National energy company delays major non-core investment". Nikkei Asian Review. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "BNI Teruskan Ambisi Pertamina Bangun Menara Tinggi di Ibukota" [BNI Continues Ambition of Pertamina to Build High Tower in the Capital]. CNN (in Indonesian). 19 April 2016. Retrieved 2 November 2017.