Rose Rayhaan by Rotana
|Rose Rayhaan by Rotana|
Under construction in May 2007
|Location||105 Sheikh Zayed Road Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Opening||14 December 2009|
|Architectural||333.2 m (1,093 ft)|
|Top floor||237.1 m (778 ft)|
1 below ground
|Floor area||50,569 m2 (544,320 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Khatib & Alami Group|
|Main contractor||Arabian Construction Company|
|Number of rooms||684|
Rose Rayhaan by Rotana, also known as the Rose Tower, is a 72-storey, 333 m (1,093 ft) hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It was the world's tallest hotel from 2009–2012. The tower was originally to be 380 m (1,250 ft), but design modification reduced it to 333 m (1,093 ft).
Construction on the tower began in 2004 and was completed in 2007. The design and build contractor was the Arabian Construction Co. On 24 October 2006, the building reached its full height with the addition of the spire. By total height with spire, the hotel surpassed the nearby 321 m (1,053 ft) Burj Al Arab. Although the building and its inner furnishings were in place in 2007, it did not open until December 23, 2009.
The hotel’s form is stylistically varied. The highly embellished façade is composed of two tones of blue and silver mirrored glass with gold ornamentation. A narrow panel of oculiform gold rings stretches up the center of each elevation. Each side of the tower incorporates two convex cylindrical forms that fold into one another. Façade sections flatten towards the top and reach up into an elaborate sculptural peak of intersecting petals, a visual reference to the building’s informal name, “The Rose.” This floral element crowning the tower is topped by a sphere. A spire extending up from the roof is the ultimate pinnacle of the tower.
Rose Rayhaan by Rotana is one of the first major hotel brands to open in Dubai as alcohol-free. The hotel has two restaurants and a 24-hour coffee shop. Bonyan International Investment Group is the developer and invested $180 million. The building was officially completed with 462 rooms, suites and penthouses. It officially opened on 23 December 2009.
- List of tallest hotels in the world
- List of tallest buildings in Dubai
- List of tallest buildings and structures in the world
- List of tallest buildings in the United Arab Emirates
- "Rose Rayhaan by Rotana". CTBUH Skyscraper Center.
- Rose Rayhaan by Rotana at Emporis
- The Rose Tower at Glass Steel and Stone (archived)
- "Rose Rayhaan by Rotana". SkyscraperPage.
- Rose Tower at Structurae
- "100 Tallest Hotels in the World". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Archived from the original on 17 August 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "Rose Rayhaan:Accommodation". Rotana. 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- Lily B. Libo-on (7 January 2010). "World's Tallest Hotel Opens in Dubai". The Khaleej Times. Retrieved 22 February 2011.
- "World's tallest hotel opens in Dubai". AME Info. 24 December 2009. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2011.