Four Seasons Place Kuala Lumpur
|Four Seasons Place Kuala Lumpur|
Four Seasons Place KL on 6 December 2019 (right hand side of the photo)
|Location||Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Opening||18 November 2018|
|Owner||Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts|
|Management||Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts|
|Architectural||342.5 m (1,124 ft)|
|Tip||342.5 m (1,124 ft)|
|Floor count||65 (+ 3 below ground)|
|Design and construction|
|Services engineer||KTA Tenaga|
|Number of rooms||236|
|Number of suites||242|
Four Seasons Place Kuala Lumpur is a mixed commercial and residential building that comprises a hotel, apartments and shopping mall. It was developed by Ipoh-born Singapore tycoon, Ong Beng Seng, partnering Tan Sri Syed Yusof Tun Syed Nasir and the Sultan of Selangor. It is currently the fourth tallest hotel in the world and the third tallest building in Malaysia surpassing the 310 meters tall Telekom Tower. The 343 meter tall skyscraper is situated next to the Petronas Twin Towers.
This project which is the first ever Four Seasons Place in South East Asia was launched by the former Prime Minister of Malaysia, Najib Razak on 30 January 2013. This event also accompanied by the Chairman of Venus Assets, Tan Sri Syed Yusof and witnessed by Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah. This project is expected to be completed in four years and would open up various job opportunities.
The hotel's design and location are criticised for blocking the view of the national icon, the Petronas Towers.
The Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents (MATTA) President KL Tan said in an interview to Channel NewsAsia. "Our Twin Towers are an iconic tourist attraction - they should not be blocked at all. Tourists want to have a nice view and take photos of the twin towers, once the tallest buildings in the world."
To defend against this criticism, the then Malaysia's Minister of Tourism and Culture, Nazri Aziz said that "There are those who are willing to pay to stay in such hotels and there would be tourists who would visit a place just to stay in such a hotel." 
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 November 2018. Retrieved 18 November 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 June 2017. Retrieved 2 June 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Property Review in Four Seasons Place for Sale / for Rent - Propwall Malaysia". www.propwall.my. Archived from the original on 31 October 2018. Retrieved 28 January 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 October 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "The building that's changing Kuala Lumpur's skyline". Channel NewsAsia.