|Vincom Landmark 81|
|Alternative names||Vinhomes Central Park Landmark 81|
|Tallest in Southeast Asia from 2018 to 2021[I]|
|Preceded by||Petronas Twin Towers|
|Surpassed by||Merdeka 118|
|Location||Bình Thạnh District, Ho Chi Minh City|
|Address||Vinhomes Central Park, Phường 22, Bình Thạnh, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
|Town or city||Ho Chi Minh City|
|Groundbreaking||13 December 2014|
|Inaugurated||27 July 2018|
|Architectural||461.2 metres (1,513 ft)|
|Tip||470 metres (1,540 ft)|
|Antenna spire||65 metres (213 ft)|
|Roof||396.2 metres (1,300 ft)|
|Observatory||382.7 metres (1,256 ft)|
|Floor area||241,000 m2 (2,590,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Services engineer||Aurecon, Mace, CotecCons|
|Known for||Tallest building in Vietnam, second tallest building in Southeast Asia|
|Number of rooms||450|
Landmark 81 is a supertall skyscraper in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The investor and primary developer for the project is Vinhomes, a Vietnamese corporation that is also the country's largest real-estate company. Landmark 81 is the tallest building in Vietnam, the second tallest building in Southeast Asia, and the 18 th tallest building in the world.
The 461.2-metre (1,513 ft) tall, 81-story building is built on the western banks of the Saigon River in the city's Binh Thanh District, located just north of Ho Chi Minh City's historic center and to the immediate south of Saigon Bridge. The tower is at the heart of the $1.5 billion high-end mixed-use urban area called Vinhomes Central Park. The development comprises hotel and conference facilities, luxury apartments, high-end retail spaces including Armani Exchange and Rolex, restaurants, bars, and a multi-story observation deck.
The ground-breaking ceremony for the tower was held on 13 December 2014. In October 2017, construction reached floor 69, and with a height of 270 metres (890 ft), it surpassed the Bitexco Financial Tower to become the tallest building in Ho Chi Minh City. By January 2018, construction had finished on all floors, with only the spire and crown remaining to be built. On 10 April 2018, the last segment of the crown spire was added, architecturally completing Landmark 81. The building's base, which takes up 6 floors with a total space of 50,000 m2 (540,000 sq ft), was opened officially on 27 July 2018 to mark the 25th anniversary of its owner's parent company, Vingroup. The observation deck, named Skyview, opened on 28 April 2019. The deck, spanning from floor 79 at 369.65 m (1,212.8 ft) to floor 81 at 382.65 m (1,255.4 ft), is currently Vietnam's highest observation deck. Ticket ranges from 405,000 VND (17.4 USD) for children to 810,000 VND (US$34.8) for adults.
The following is a breakdown of floors.
|42–46; 47-77||Vinpearl Hotel, restaurants, club, cafe & bars|
|5||Residential lounge, Vincom Center mall|
|4||Residential clubhouse, Vincom Center mall|
|B1–3||Vincom Center mall, cinema, ice rink|
At around 15:48 on 11 August 2018, a fire occurred on the 64th floor caused by welding activities. The fire was quickly controlled and did not cause any damage to the property.
Landmark 81 appears on the skyline of Binh Thanh District
- Bitexco Financial Tower
- List of tallest buildings in Vietnam
- List of tallest buildings
- List of tallest buildings in Southeast Asia
- ^ "Landmark 81". The Skyscraper Center. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved May 15, 2015.
- ^ "100 Future Tallest Buildings in the World by Height to Architectural Top". The Skyscraper Center. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- ^ "Vincom Landmark 81 Facts and Information – The Tower Info". thetowerinfo.com. Retrieved 2020-01-06.
- ^ "Unicons – Coteccons Group đưa Landmark 81 trở thành tòa nhà cao nhất Đông Nam Á". Unicons Facebook (in Vietnamese). Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- ^ VnExpress (27 July 2018). "Vietnam's tallest Landmark opens for business - VnExpress International". Retrieved 22 August 2021.
- ^ "Giá vé các đài quan sát cao nhất thế giới ra sao so với Landmark 81?". Zing.vn. 30 April 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- ^ "YDL #75: Choáng ngợp trên đỉnh đài quan sát Landmark 81 cao nhất Đông Nam Á". Yêu Máy Bay - YouTube. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- ^ ^ "How wonderful is Landmark 81"
- ^ "Khói đen bốc ra từ tòa nhà Landmark 81". Báo Thanh Niên (in Vietnamese). 2018-08-11. Retrieved 2022-12-23.