|Manufacturer||Brasserie Nationale d'Haïti|
|Country of origin||Port-au-Prince, Haiti|
|Alcohol by volume||5.6%|
Prestige is an American-style lager brewed by Brasserie Nationale d'Haïti (BRANA) in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. It is widely consumed and is the best-selling beer in Haiti with a 98% market share. So far it is the only native beer brand. Prestige beer is available in some parts of the United States and other countries. In 2011, Heineken publicly announced it acquired a controlling interest in BRANA by increasing its ownership from 22.5% to 95%
Prestige was founded in 1976 by Michael Madsen, from one of the richest industrial families in Haiti that arrived from Denmark in the late 19th century. It was launched less than two years after BRANA's creation. In 2005, Prestige has started being exported to select Canadian and U.S. cities.
- 2000 World Beer Cup gold medalist, American-Style Lager category
- 2012 World Beer Cup gold medalist, American-Style Cream Ale or Lager category
In 2013, BRANA introduced its new international standard bottling line and a new blue and red label, which are the colors of the Haitian Bicolour. Prestige beer is available in a 12 fl. oz. and 16 fl. oz. bottles.
- Press, ed. (18 May 2012). "Haitian Beer, Prestige, World Champion!". PR News. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Placide, Pierre Ricardo, ed. (5 November 2012). "Encore de l'or pour prestige au World Beer Cup". Le Matin. Retrieved 13 October 2015. (in French)
- AP, ed. (15 December 2011). "Heineken takes controlling stake in Haiti brewer". Yahoo!. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Daniel, Trenton, ed. (5 April 2014). "Heineken: $100M investment in Haiti brewery". USA Today. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- World Cup Beer 2000 Winner's List
- World Cup Beer 2012 Winner's List
- Minsky, David, ed. (7 May 2012). "Haitian Beer Prestige Takes Gold Medal At World Beer Cup Competition". Miami New Times. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "President Clinton and Heineken's BRANA leadership meet in Haiti to support local sourcing initiatives". Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- Belfort, Jocelyn; Jean Baptiste, Juno, eds. (21 November 2013). "La bière Prestige, plus haïtienne que jamais". Le Nouvelliste. Retrieved 13 October 2015. (in French)
- Curnutte, Mark, ed. (2011). "A Promise in Haiti: A Reporter's Notes on Families and Daily Lives". p. 143. ISBN 9780826517838. Retrieved 12 October 2015.