Punjab Kesari header with the photos of late founders Lala Jagat Narain and Romesh Chander
|Publisher||The Hindsamachar Ltd.|
|Editor||Vijay Chopra (Jalandhar) and Ashwini Kumar Chopra (Delhi)|
|Circulation||1,159,489 Daily (as of Jul - Dec 2015)|
Punjab Kesari is a Hindi-language newspaper published from many centres in Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and Delhi in India. It is owned by the Punjab Kesari group (The Hindsamachar Ltd.). It is one of the four newspapers started by the group; the other three are Hind Samachar in Urdu, Jagbani in Punjabi languages and Navodaya Times in Hindi languages from Delhi NCR.
The newspaper was established by Lala Jagat Narain and later on his elder son Romesh Chander took over the reins. However, during the days of terrorism in Punjab, both were assassinated, in 1981 and 1984 respectively.
During those days of terrorism, Punjab Kesari continued to work against terrorism. The management also established Shaheed Parivar Fund (martyrs' welfare fund) to provide help to the terrorism-affected families.
The newspaper has a daily circulation of approximate 15,71,000 copies which are printed from the following locations:
Punjab Kesari on internet
Digital Portals: publish news on their respective websites from two different places in India, i.e., Delhi on PunjabKesari.com and Jalandhar on PunjabKesari.in. As per Alexa, a web traffic data and analytics, Jalandhar group's website PunjabKesari.in is ranked 952 in India and Delhi group's website PunjabKesari.com is ranked 9425 in India on 17 March 2018.
Cricket Kesari: Delhi group launched a Cricket niche website recently under the brand name Cricket Kesari and Its Facebook page has over 121k likes. sports punjab kesari site is: sports.punjabkesari.in
Shayari: Delhi group also launched a Shayari specific Facebook page named Shayari and it already has over 94k likes.
- Khushwant Singh
- Shekhar Gurera (Cartoonist)
- Feroze Varun Gandhi
- Parvinder Sharda
- Poonam I Kaushik
- Shanta Kumar
- Vineet Narain
- Virendra Kapur
- B G Verghese
- Balbir Punj
- Mahmood Shaam
- Karan Thapar
- Kalyani Shankar
- Manmohan Sharma
- Neera Chopra
- Maneka Gandhi
- Chander Trikha
- Nerja Chaudhry
Vijay Kumar Chopra, Editor-in-Chief cum Managing Director Punjab Kesari
During 1974 emergency in India, when undeclared censorship was imposed on the press and the power supply was discontinued, the newspaper was printed by the alternative arrangements with tractors on diesel
1984–92 : During the terrorism in Punjab, due to the continuous threats and attack on media staff, the production, printing and distribution, every process was under strict police protection
- "Submission of circulation figures for the audit period July - December 2015" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- NT-Oct22,2013 The Struggle
- 108th Shaheed Parivar Fund
- Jalandhar Edition PunjabKesari.in
- Delhi Edition PunjabKesari.com
- Rahul Kumar (13 November 2014). "Big interview: Amit Chopra of Punjab Kesari". PrintWeek. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "How popular is punjabkesari.in?". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "How popular is punjabkesari.com?". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "बॉलीवुड केसरी". Punjab Kesari (पंजाब केसरी). Retrieved 2017-12-25.
- "Bollywood Kesari". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-12-25.
- "क्रिकेट केसरी". Punjab Kesari (पंजाब केसरी). Retrieved 2017-12-25.
- "Cricket Kesari". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-12-25.
- "Shayari". facebook.com. Retrieved 2017-12-28.
- Daily Page 2 : Shekhar Gurera's Pocket Cartoon Punjab Kesari 16/09/2014
- Tuesday Weekly Editorial : Poonam I Kaushik Punjab Kesari 16/09/2014
- Monday Weekly Editorial : Vineet Narain Punjab Kesari 15/09/2014
- Sunday Weekly Editorial : Virendra Kapur Punjab Kesari 14/09/2014
- Tuesday Weekly Editorial : B G Verghese Punjab Kesari 16/09/2014
- Friday Weekly Editorial : Kalyani Shankar Punjab Kesari 15/09/2014
- PK Social Media, Jalandhar PKJ online
- PK Social Media, Delhi Punjab Kesari (National)
- AKC as MP Ashwini Kumar Chopra for Karnal