This is a list of the top newspapers in India by circulation. These figures include both print and digital subscriptions, are compiled by the Audit Bureau of Circulations. The figures include normal print editions, branded print editions (e.g., regional editions or editions tailored for commuters), and digital subscriptions (e.g., for tablet computers or restricted-access).
Circulation figures try to estimate the number of copies sold, while readership figures are usually higher as they tend to estimate the number of people who actually read the newspaper. Typically, readership tends to be 2.5 times circulation, though this may be higher or lower depending on individual cases.
|S.No||Newspaper||Language||Headquarters||July-Dec 2022||Jan - Jun 2022||Owner||Nameplate|
|1||Dainik Bhaskar||Hindi||Bhopal||3,566,617||875,259||DB Corp|
|2||Malayala Manorama||Malayalam||Kottayam||1,920,096||1,971,773||Malayala Manorama Company Limited|
|3||The Times of India||English||Mumbai||1,872,442||1,590,784||The Times Group|
|4||Amar Ujala||Hindi||Noida||1,744,512||1,845,983||Amar Ujala Ltd.|
|5||Hindustan||Hindi||New Delhi||1,666,724||1,572,359||HT Media|
|6||Rajasthan Patrika||Hindi||Jaipur||1,385,561||1,414,267||Patrika Group|
|8||Dainik Jagran||Hindi||Kanpur||1,277,605||2,667,808||Jagran Prakashan Limited|
|9||Dina Thanthi||Tamil||Chennai||1,137,041||1,131,279||Thanthi Trust|
|10||Mathrubhumi||Malayalam||Kozhikode||1,084,215||1,058,533||The Mathrubhumi Printing and Publishing Company Ltd|
|11||Daily Sakal||Marathi||1,064,721||-||Sakal Media Group|
|12||Sakshi||Telugu||Hyderabad||1,002,585||951,292||Jagathi Publications Ltd.|
|13||Ananda Bazar Patrika||Bengali||Kolkata||800,675||802,289||ABP Group|
|14||Hindustan Times||English||738,154||15,889||HT Media|
|16||Lokmat||Marathi||692,768||-||Lokmat Media Limited|
|17||Deshabhimani||Malayalam||Trivandrum||605,561||622,276||Kerala State Committee of the Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|19||Divya Bhaskar||Gujarati||511,871||-||DB Corp|
|20||Vijaya Karnataka||Kannada||Bengaluru||503,688||473,786||The Times Group|
|22||Bartaman||Bengali||472,423||-||Bartaman Pvt. Ltd.|
|23||Andhra Jyothi||Telugu||Hyderabad||386,797||375,611||Aamoda Publications Pvt. Ltd.|
|24||Prajavani||Kannada||Bengaluru||347,132||-||The Printers (Mysore) Pvt. Ltd.|
|25||The Economic Times||English||Mumbai||269,882||262,114||The Times Group|
- "Circulation vs readership". The basics of selling newspaper advertising. McLinnis and associates. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Submission of circulation figures for the audit period Jul –Dec 2018" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers (language wise)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC). Retrieved 28 July 2023.
- "Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers 2018 (language wise)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Details of language wise most circulated dailies for the audit period Jul – Dec 2018 by Audit Bureau of Circulations
- Details of language wise most circulated dailies for the audit period Jan – Jun 2018 by Audit Bureau of Circulations
- "Details of language wise most circulated dailies for the audit period Jun – Dec 2019" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- Audit Bureau of Circulation