Spider-Man (2017 TV series)
by Stan Lee
|Developed by||Kevin Shinick|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||38 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||21–22 mins|
|Production company(s)||Marvel Animation|
|Distributor||Disney–ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney XD|
|Original release||August 19, 2017– present|
|Preceded by||Ultimate Spider-Man|
Marvel's Spider-Man, or simply Spider-Man, is an American animated television series based on the Spider-Man comics published by Marvel Comics. It is a replacement for the previous series, Ultimate Spider-Man, and premiered on August 19, 2017 on Disney XD.
A gifted teenager named Peter Parker is given spider-like powers when he is bitten by a radioactive spider during a school field trip to Oscorp. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Parker comes to his own terms of becoming a masked superhero named Spider-Man, learning to balance his crime-fighting career with his new enrollment at Horizon High, a school for students with genius-level intellect.
In Season Two, Peter Parker will navigate his sophomore year and work at the Daily Bugle while contending with Doctor Octopus. This season will adopt plotlines from The Superior Spider-Man comics in which Doctor Octopus takes over Spider-Man's body while trapping his mind in Living Brain.
- Spider-Man / Peter Parker (voiced by Robbie Daymond) - A teenager who was bitten by a radioactive spider during a field trip to Oscorp.
- Spider-Gwen / Gwen Stacy (voiced by Laura Bailey) - A student at Horizon High. In this show, Gwen is the niece of Raymond Warren.
- Miles Morales (voiced by Nadji Jeter) - A student of Horizon High who was bitten by the Electrolis Arachnatis spider created by Raymond Warren. Spider-Man became a mentor to Miles and even trusted Miles enough to know he's Peter Parker.
- Norman Osborn (voiced by Josh Keaton) - The CEO of Oscorp.
- Aunt May Parker (voiced by Nancy Linari) - The aunt of Peter Parker.
- Spider-Girl / Anya Corazon (voiced by Melanie Minichino) - A student at Horizon High.
- Hobgoblin / Harry Osborn (voiced by Max Mittelman) - The son of Norman Osborn and the best friend of Peter Parker. He later discovers Peter's identity as Spider-Man and receives the Hobgoblin armor from his father following the "Spider-Island" incident.
- Doctor Octopus / Otto Octavius (voiсed by Scott Menville) - In this show, Otto Octavius is a scientific prodigy who graduated from school early and became a teacher at Horizon High. An accident by Crimson Dynamo caused Otto's harness with tentacle-like apprendices to be fused to his body. He later starts a career as a criminal, renaming himself "Doctor Octopus".
- Max Modell (voiced by Fred Tatasciore) - The headmaster of Horizon High.
- J. Jonah Jameson (voiced by Bob Joles) - The head of Daily Bugle Communications who criticizes Spider-Man.
In October 2016, the series was announced by Cort Lane, senior vice president of Marvel Animation, as a replacement for the series' predecessor, Ultimate Spider-Man, which ended its run in early January 2017. It premiered on August 19, 2017 on Disney XD.
- Amanda Goodbread – Casting Director and Recording Manager
- Philip Pignotti – Supervising Director
- Kevin Shinick – Story Editor
- Collette Sunderman – ADR Voice Director (Season One), Voice Director (Season Two)
- Kris Zimmerman-Salter – Voice Director (Season One)
Amy Ratcliffe of IGN gave the first season's premiere a score of 7.4 out of 10, writing that the series "strikes a solid balance between the familiar and the new, emphasizing qualities and hallmarks Spider-Man is known for while skipping over well-trod territory like showing the origin story." She commented, Marvel's Spider-Man "has enough of a different approach to make it stand apart from other animated takes on the character,"  such as Doctor Octopus and other notable characters having a change in appearance.
- Christian Holub (2017-06-28). "Revisit Spider-Man's origin in new animated short". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- "Marvel's Spider-Man on Disney XD". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- Trumbore, Dave (August 18, 2017). "'Marvel's Spider-Man' Showrunner Kevin Shinick Focuses on "Science and Relationships"". Collider.com. Retrieved August 18, 2017.
- "Exclusive: New 'Spider-Man' animated series coming in 2017". USA Today. 2016-10-08. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- Ratcliffe, Amy (16 August 2017). "Marvel's Venom: Season 1 Premiere "Horizon High" Review". IGN. Retrieved 2 September 2017.