This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Turner Classic Movies|
|Launched||17 September 1993|
|Closed||1 January 2014 (Netherlands & Flanders)|
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Europe (Time Warner)|
|Picture format||4:3, 576i SDTV|
|Audience share||0.1% (2008, )|
|Broadcast area||Nordic countries|
Great Marlborough Street,
London, United Kingdom
|Formerly called||TNT Classic Movies (1993-1999)|
|Sister channel(s)||Cartoon Network
|Boxer (Sweden)||Channel 15|
|Canal Digital||Channel 51 (Norway)
Channel 47 (Sweden)
Channel ? (Danmark)
Channel 70 (Finland)
|Canal Digital||Channel 103 (Norway)|
Turner Classic Movies (TCM) is a television channel broadcasting "classic" films from the 1940s to the 1990s (mostly from the Warner Bros. and pre-May 1986 MGM film libraries) to Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. This channel was also available in the Netherlands and Flanders till 1 January 2014. The channel uses English audio with optional subtitles in Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish. The channel is commercial-free and films are not interrupted.
The channel launched as TNT Classic Movies on 17 September 1993 and was broadcast on the same frequency as Cartoon Network. TNT Classic Movies became a 24-hours channel in July 1997. The combined version did however still continue on some networks.
In late 1996, TNT and Cartoon Network launched on Intelsat 707 and became a part of the analogue CTV package. The analogue broadcast ended in 2001. The channel has been part of the Canal Digital satellite package since 1997. Their competitor Viasat added Turner Classic Movies and Cartoon Network as a shared channel on 23 September 2005.
Sister channel TNT relaunched in Belgium, exclusively through cable network Telenet on 10 April 2012. The channel relaunched in the Netherlands as well but almost one year later on 24 January 2013. TNT offered a mix of comedy's, movies and TV series such as Falling Skies, Shameless, Memphis Beat and classic series such as E.R., The West Wing and Smallville.
In September 2013 Turner Broadcasting Systems revealed it plans to close down the channel for the Benelux market. The end date was set on 1 January 2014.
On 1 June 2017 TCM will close down in all of the Nordic countries. 
- "Årsrapport 2008" (PDF). Mediamätning i Skandinavien.
- Kriek, Jarco (2013-09-29). "TCM Nederland stopt op 1 januari 2014". TotaalTV.
- "TCM". Kabelraden.nl. December 6, 2010.
- "Timeline: Turner Broadcasting System Europe LTD". Turner Broadcasting System Europe. Retrieved October 9, 2012.
- Stefan Hagedorn (September 8–9, 1999). "Transponder-News". Stefan Hagedorn Transponder-News.
- "TCM har fået nyt logo". Digitalt.tv. March 23, 2009.
- "TCM med nyt logo og look".
- "1° West Newslog 2001".
- Viasat får fire nye tv-kanaler, 1 juli 2005, tvnyt.com
- "Turner Classic Movies i det digitala marknätet - Kulturdepartementet". Archived from the original on 3 June 2004.
- Jarco Kriek (June 1, 2011). "Vanaf 1 juli nieuwe digitale zenders bij UPC, TCM verdwijnt". Totaal TV.
- Briel, Robert (10 December 2012). "KPN scoops TNT Benelux". Broadband TV News.
- Bo Kjærgaard (April 18, 2017). "TV-kanalen TCM lukker 1. juni". Digitalt.tv.