1657 in Ireland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 1657
List of years in Ireland
Events from the year 1657 in Ireland.
- June 8 - The Parliament of England passes the Act of Settlement for the Assuring, Confirming and Settling of lands and estates in Ireland, confirming legal arrangements made under the Act for the Settlement of Ireland 1652.
- November 17 - Henry Cromwell, son of Oliver Cromwell, appointed Lord Lieutenant of Ireland.
- Town of Skibbereen chartered.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- July - Ulick Burke, 1st Marquess of Clanricarde, nobleman and figure in English Civil War (b. 1604)
- Luke Wadding, Franciscan friar and historian (b. 1588)
|This Ireland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|