1936 in the Philippines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
1936 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in the year 1936.
- President: Manuel L. Quezon (Nacionalista Party)
- Vice President: Sergio Osmeña (Nacionalista Party)
- Chief Justice: Ramón Avanceña
- Philippine National Assembly: 1st National Assembly of the Philippines
- March 25 – President Manuel L. Quezon issued Executive Order No. 23 which provided for the technical description and specifications of the Philippine national flag.
- August 1-16 – The Philippines competed at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, Germany. 28 competitors, all men, took part in 20 events in 6 sports.
- January 6 - Nida Blanca, Filipina actress (d. 2001)
- January 14 - Abdulmari Imao, National Artist of the Philippines for Sculpture. (d. 2014)
- July 18 - Kurt Bachmann, Olympic basketball player (d. 2014)
- October 2 - Feliciano Belmonte, Jr., member of the Philippine House of Representatives
- December 26 - Jose de Venecia, Jr., Filipino businessman and Former Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines