1965 in the Philippines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
1965 in the Philippines details events of note that happened in the Philippines in 1965.
- President: Diosdado Macapagal Liberal) (until December 30), Ferdinand Marcos (Nacionalista Party) (starting December 30)
- Vice President: Emmanuel Pelaez (Liberal) (until December 30), Fernando Lopez (Nacionalista Party) (starting December 30)
- Chief Justice: César Bengzon
- Congress: 5th (until December 17)
- September 28 – Taal Volcano in Luzon, Philippines, erupts, killing hundreds.
- November 9 – Ferdinand Marcos elected President of the Republic of the Philippines.
- December 30 – Ferdinand Marcos takes his oath of office.
- February 22 - Wilfredo Alicdan, artist
- February 25 - Maricel Soriano
- May 11 - Monsour del Rosario, Olympic athlete and actor
- May 26 - Ronnie Ricketts, actor, Movie Director Writer and Stunts, and OMB Chairman
- June 10 - Joey Santiago, guitarist and composer.
- June 21 - Marlon Maro, football player and coach
- November 2 - Arnold Clavio, journalist and radio anchor
- November 10 - Arthur Yap, politician.
- December 27 - Luchi Cruz-Valdes, broadcast journalist
- March 22 - Daniel Z. Romualdez, Filipino politician (born 1907)
- May 14 - Francisco Alonso Liongson, Filipino writer and lawyer (born 1896)
- May 16 - Pablo Angeles y David, Filipino magistrate and statesman. (born 1889)
- September 20 - Cipriano Primicias, Sr., Filipino politician (born 1901)
|This Philippines-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|