Aktion National Airport
Aktion National Airport
|Airport type||Public and military|
|Owner/Operator||Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture|
|Serves||Preveza / Lefkada, Greece|
|Elevation AMSL||11 ft / 3 m|
Aktion National Airport (IATA: PVK, ICAO: LGPZ) is an airport serving Preveza and Lefkada in Greece. It is also known as Preveza Airport. The airport is also used by NATO and Hellenic Air Force Command. The airport commenced operations in 1968.
In December 2015 the privatisation of Aktion National Airport and 13 other regional airports of Greece was finalised with the signing of the agreement between the Fraport AG/Copelouzos Group joint venture and the state privatisation fund. "We signed the deal today", the head of Greece's privatisation agency HRADF, Stergios Pitsiorlas, told Reuters. According to the agreement, the joint venture will operate the 14 airports (including Aktion National Airport) for 40 years as of autumn 2016.
Future - Fraport Greece’s investment plan
This section needs to be updated.January 2018)(
On 22 March 2017, Fraport-Greece presented its master plan for the 14 Greek regional airports, including the International Airport of Chania.
Immediate actions that will be implemented at the airports, as soon as Fraport Greece takes over operations, before the launch of the 2017 summer season include:
- General clean-up
- Improving lighting, marking of airside areas
- Upgrading sanitary facilities
- Enhancing services and offering new free Internet connection (WiFi)
- Implementing works to improve fire safety in all the areas of the airports
The following summarizes the enhancement changes that will start in October 2017 and will be implemented for Aktion National Airport under Fraport-Greece’s investment plan by 2021:
- Terminal expansion by 2,381 m² and refurbishment
- HBS inline screening
- Reorganizing airport apron area
- Refurbishing airside pavement
- 75 percent increase in the number of check-in counters (from 8 to 14)
- 60 percent increase in the number of departure gates (from 5 to 8)
- Doubling the number of security-check lanes (from 2 to 4)
Airlines and destinations
- "AKTIO AIRPORT". YPA.gr. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- Airport information for LGPZ at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for PVK at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 April 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "AKTIO AIRPORT" (PDF).
- "Greece signs privatization of 14 regional airports with Germany's Fraport - TornosNews.gr". TornosNews.gr. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- Editorial, Reuters. "REFILE-UPDATE 1-Greece signs major privatisation deal with Germany's F". Reuters.com. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Fraport Greece’s Development Plan for the New Era at the Greek Regional Airports", fraport-greece.com
- "Aviolet charter schedule 2018" (PDF). aviolet.rs. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- "Flight". apollo.se.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Blu Express adds new seasonal routes in S17". RoutesOnline.com. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Blu-express open seasonal routes from Bologna to Greece". Blu-express.com.
- "Sivota". aarhuscharter.dk.
- "Flight". apollorejser.dk.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Finnair Adds New European Routes in S16". AirlineRoute.net. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Flight". apollo.no.
- "Peoples fliegt Charterflüge ab Salzburg - Austrian Aviation Net". www.AustrianAviation.net. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "SmartWings Flight schedule". smartwings.com.
- "air and charter tickets". itaka.pl. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "Flight Timetable". thomascookairlines.com.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Volotea S17 New routes as of 10OCT16". RoutesOnline.com. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- 2018, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Volotea S17 New routes as of 14OCT16". RoutesOnline.com. Retrieved 1 February 2018.