National State Television and Radio Company of Belarus
|Type||Broadcast radio and television, |
|Headquarters||Makayonka St. 9, Minsk|
|Owner||Government of Belarus|
|Ivan Eismont (Chairman)|
|15 November 1925 (Radio)|
1 January 1956 (Television)
The National State TV and Radio Company of the Republic of Belarus (Belarusian: Нацыянальная дзяржаўная тэлерадыёкампанія Рэспублікі Беларусь, Russian: Национальная государственная телерадиокомпания Республики Беларусь) (Belteleradio) is the state television and radio broadcasting service in Belarus.
- Belarus 1 – News, current affairs, and general interest programming
- Belarus 2 – Entertainment and sports programming
- Belarus 3 – Cultural programming, mostly broadcasts in Belarusian language
- Belarus 4 – Regional news, entertainment and cultural programming. Broadcasts separately for Brest, Vitebsk, Gomel, Grodno, Minsk and Mogilev regions
- Belarus 5 – Sports channel
- Belarus 24 – International channel catering to viewers outside of Belarus
- NTV Belarus – Belarusian version of NTV Russia; programming consists of content from NTV Russia and other Russian channels
- First Channel – The largest nationwide radio channel in Belarus
- Radio Station "Belarus" – National and international service with programming in seven languages (Belarusian, English, French, German, Polish, Russian, and Spanish)
- Channel "Culture" – Regional FM service, cultural and musical programming.
- Radio "Stolitsa" – Regional FM service, local programming.
- Radius-FM – Regional FM service, youth-oriented music station.
Censorship and propaganda
See also Censorship in Belarus
International experts and the Belarusian opposition traditionally name the state TV as one of the main instruments of propaganda by the authoritarian regime of Alexander Lukashenko. It is being accused of misinformation, advocating political repressions and rigging of elections, smearing regime critics.
- "Administration". Belteleradiocompany. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "Radio Channels >> Belteleradiocompany". Belteleradiocompany. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "TV Channels >> Television >> Belteleradiocompany". Belteleradiocompany. Archived from the original on 15 April 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "EBU-UER / Active Members". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "Тэлеканалы >> Тэлебачанне >> Белтэлерадыекампанiя" (in Belarusian). Belteleradiocompany. Archived from the original on 28 May 2013. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "NTV-Belarus >> Television >> Belteleradiocompany". Belteleradiocompany. Archived from the original on 15 April 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "About Radio | Radio Belarus". Belteleradiocompany. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- Посол Польщі Генрик Літвін: Втратити добрий час – це великий ризик для України - СЕРГІЙ ЛЕЩЕНКО, Ukrayinska Pravda, 8 November 2011. Henryk Litwin, former ambassador of Poland to Belarus: "Television in Belarus is exclusively state propaganda"
- Edward Lucas Podcast: Belarus propaganda - 20.01.2017. Edward Lucas, editor at The Economist: “in Belarus the state television maintains Soviet levels of venom and mendacity.“
- Поўны спіс 208 беларускіх чыноўнікаў, якім забаронены ўезд у ЕС [Full list of 208 Belarusian officials banned from entering the EU] - Nasha Niva, 11 October 2011
|This article about media in Belarus is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|