Colonization of the inner Solar System
Bodies in the inner Solar System have been considered for terraforming and space colonization. The main candidates for colonization in the inner Solar System are Mars and Venus. Other possible candidates for colonization include the Moon and even Mercury.
The short distance between the Earth and the Moon makes it a natural expansion after Earth. Several key national players in space exploration such as Russia, China and the US have made plans in constructing the first lunar outpost.
Apparently, Director of the European Space Agency has said he wants a village on the Moon. ESA may team up with NASA to construct this settlement.
- ThinkQuest - Colonization of Mars
- NASA - Colonization of Venus by Geoffrey A. Landis
- Should we colonize the Moon? And how much would it cost?
- NASA - Pathways to Colonization by Smitherman Jr.
- Russia will begin colonization in 2030 - draft space program
- China plots 2017 mission to plan MOON COLONY
- NASA Reveals Goal for Eventual Manned Lunar Outpost