David G. Nathan
David Gordon Nathan (born May 25, 1929) is a pediatrician and hematologist. He is known for his authorship of Nathan and Oski's Hematology of Infancy and Childhood, a standard reference in pediatrics, currently in its seventh edition. Nathan remains an author on the current edition. Now retired, he was Robert A. Stranahan professor of pediatrics at Harvard Medical School and served as president of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. He was born in Boston.
Awards and honors
- 2003 John Howland Award
- 1990 National Medal of Science
- 2006 George Kober Medal Association of American Physicians
- 2010 Honorary Doctor of Science Harvard University
- 2011 Wallace Coulter Award American Society of Hematology
- Orkin S, et al. (2008). Nathan and Oski's Hematology of Infancy and Childhood (2 Volume Set) (7 ed.). Saunders.
- David G. Nathan papers, 1949-2007 (inclusive), 1980-2007 (bulk), HMS c386. Harvard Medical Library, Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine, Center for the History of Medicine, Harvard Medical School