This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||3248 Cambie St. Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 2W4 Canada,|
|Thomas Fung Wing Fat (馮永發)|
Chairman & Founder
|Products||Broadcasting, Publishing, Retail, Real estate development|
|Owner||Thomas Fung Wing Fat|
The Fairchild Group (Traditional Chinese: 新時代集團, Simplified Chinese: 新时代集团, Pinyin: xīnshídài jítuán, Jyutping: san1si4doi6 zaap6tyun4) is a Canadian business conglomerate, with headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Fairchild Group operates various media properties under the Fairchild Media Group name. Fairchild currently operates the Cantonese channel Fairchild TV, Cantonese & Mandarin radio network Fairchild Radio, and Mandarin channel Talentvision. Fairchild Group is also involved in film production, real estate development, retail, telecommunications and wholesale trade.
The Fairchild Media Group acquired the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) broadcasting licence from Chinavision Canada and Cathay TV in 1993 to form Fairchild TV and Talentvision respectively. Later on, it formed Fairchild Radio with stations is Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto. It has an investment portfolio over US$350 million.
The company's corporate headquarters are located in Vancouver, British Columbia with separate regional offices in Richmond Hill, Ontario and Calgary, Alberta.
- 80% Cantonese
- 20% Mandarin
Fairchild Media Group
Fairchild Group operates four national ethnic television channels that cater to both Cantonese & Mandarin speaking audiences- Fairchild TV, Fairchild TV 2 HD & Talentvision. Hong Kong broadcaster TVB owns a minority stake (20%) in both channels.
Fairchild TV and Talentvision currently consists of 6 feeds:
- Fairchild TV Calgary (Cantonese)
- Fairchild TV Toronto (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Fairchild TV Vancouver (Cantonese)
- Fairchild TV 2 HD (Cantonese)
- Talentvision Vancouver (Mandarin)
Fairchild Group operates 4 multicultural radio stations and shares programming on another station. All stations feature programming for both Cantonese & Mandarin speaking audiences:
- Fairchild Radio Calgary: CHKF-FM/94.7 (Cantonese and Mandarin broadcast)
- Fairchild Radio Toronto: CHKT/1430 & CIRV-FM/88.9 (Cantonese and Mandarin broadcast)
- Fairchild Radio Vancouver: CJVB/1470 & CHKG-FM/96.1 (Cantonese and Mandarin broadcast)
Fairchild is jointly provides Chinese programming at AM1540 with newspaper operator Sing Tao (Toronto). The station is still owned by CHIN Radio/TV International, while Sing Tao is jointly owned by Torstar and Sing Tao News Corporation of Hong Kong. Some AM1540 radio personalities from the FM station of Fairchild Radio Toronto have been transferred to this new AM station.
Fairchild Group operates Fairchild Films International Limited, a motion picture production company that creates Chinese language films for international audiences.
The company has produced one film, Paper Moon Affair, in 2005.
Real Estate Development and Management
- Aberdeen Centre, Richmond, B.C. - One of the many Asian shopping malls in the Golden Village district.
- Aberdeen Residence, Richmond, B.C. - A residential complex attached to Aberdeen Centre.
- Aberdeen Square, Richmond, B.C. - A new shopping mall and office tower completed in 2014, that will be attached to Aberdeen Centre and Aberdeen Residence.
- English Bay Village, Vancouver, B.C.
- Fairchild Square, Vancouver, B.C. - new FMG headquarters and office tower.
All retail operations are in British Columbia other than St Germain (BC and Ontario):
- St. Germain Bakery - Chinese bakery (1986)
- Aberdeen Post Office
- Racing Devils Hobbies - Hobby store-
- Daiso Canada - Japanese dollar store
- Smart Living Design - Home furniture store
- Smart Office Furniture - Office furniture store
- A Light Idea - Lighting retail store
- Memory Collection - Gift shop
- Living Colors - Modern home & kitchenware store
- aR Fashion - Fashion retailer
- Ozone Fashion - Fashion retailer
- Gado Gado Fashion - Men's fashion retailer
- Gibson Travel Accessories - Luggage / backpack / Travel accessories
- IT Power - Computer retail / service store
- Menji Stationery store - Stationery retailer
- Impulse Sports - Sporting Equipment Retailer
- Super Garage - Auto accessories
- Party Goodies - Party supply retailer
- Pot and Plant- Artificial floral retailer
- Pot Arts - closed
- Timbuktu Military Surplus & Apparel - Military Surplus & Apparel retailer - closed
- Voodoo Palace - Voodoo dolls retailer
- Bike Stop - closed
- Santayaya -
- Planet Food
- 7th Heaven Cafe - Closed
- Bean Factory
- Frappe Bliss
- Hainanese Chicken
- David and Goliath
- Yokoyaya - Dollar store
- Hutchison Imports has extensive wholesale and distribution interests in general merchandise, dollar store items, toys, RC hobby, sports, apparel, furniture, consumer and lifestyle products. The company works with manufacturers and suppliers all over the world to source out products for the North American market.
Hutchison Imports has its own brand - "Menji". Menji products are fast becoming a staple on many dollar/discount store shelves.
Fairchild Group operates various online, internet-based businesses:
- eSeeNet.com Ltd.- a business solutions[clarification needed] company, founded in 1995
- eSeeHosting- Web hosting provider
- Lynx Communications- Internet service provider, based in Richmond, British Columbia
- Stone Group - a pharmaceutical firm in China via Fairchild Investments Ltd.
- "Emag." Fairchild Group. Retrieved on January 29, 2015. p. 2/20. "3248 Cambie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA V5Z 2W4"