Kevin Carson is an American social theorist, economist, and anarchist who has identified at various times as a mutualist, individualist anarchist, left-wing market anarchist and anarchist without adjectives.:28 He works as a Senior Fellow and Karl Hess Chair in Social Theory at the Center for a Stateless Society. Carson's Studies in Mutualist Political Economy aims to revive interest in mutualism, in an effort to synthesize Austrian economics with the labor theory of value by attempting to incorporate both subjectivism and time preference.
The anarcho-syndicalist group Workers' Solidarity Alliance has criticized Carson for neglecting the role of class struggle in anti-capitalist activities. Carson responded by claiming that anarcho-syndicalism is outdated and unrealistic.
- Studies in Mutualist Political Economy (2007)
- Organization Theory: A Libertarian Perspective (2008)
- The Homebrew Industrial Revolution: A Low-Overhead Manifesto (2010)
- The Desktop Regulatory State: The Countervailing Power of Individuals and Networks (2016)
- "Introductions - Kevin Carson". c4ss.org. Center for a Stateless Society. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- "Kevin Carson". kevinacarson.org. Kevin Carson. Retrieved 4 May 2020.
- Shannon, Deric; Nocella II, Anthony; Asimakopoulos, John (2012). The Accumulation of Freedom. Oakland, Edinburgh, Baltimore: AK Press. ISBN 978-1849350945.
- Nathan J. Jun, ed. (2017). Brill's Companion to Anarchism and Philosophy. BRILL. p. 20. ISBN 978-90-04-35689-4.
- Long, Roderick T. (2006). "Editorial to Symposium Issue on Studies in Mutualist Political Economy". Journal of Libertarian Studies. 20 (1): 34.
- Block, Walter. Kevin Carson as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Journal of Libertarian Studies, Volume 20, No. 1 (Winter 2006), pp. 35–36
- Fegley, Tate. Kevin Carson and the Freed Market: Is His Left-Libertarian Vision Plausible?
- Long, Roderick. "Land-locked: A Critique of Carson on Property Rights". Journal of Libertarian Studies, Volume 20, No. 1 (Winter 2006): 87–95
- "A Free Market Fantasy". ideasandaction.info. Workers Solidarity Alliance. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- "In Which the Anarcho-Syndicalists Discover C4SS". c4ss.org. Center for a Stateless Society. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- "A Response to "In Which the Anarcho-Syndicalists Discover C4SS"". anarkismo.net. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
- "Left-Market Rambling: A reply to Kevin Carson". libcom.org. Retrieved 5 May 2020.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Kevin Carson|
- Official website
- Kevin Carson on Twitter
- Kevin Carson on Academia.edu
- Kevin Carson on Center for a Stateless Society
- Kevin Carson on The Anarchist Library
- Kevin Carson's blog on P2P Foundation