Mathew at a book release function of Knocked Up at Reliance Timeout Store Pune on 26 September 2010
21 February 1980 |
|Occupation||Novelist / Screenplay Writer / Director|
|Alma mater||St. Joseph's Boys' High School, Pune
|Genre||Fiction, romance, humour|
|Notable works||Knocked Up, Alfie The Elf,A Pocketful Of Sunshine|
Shaiju Mathew (born 1980) is an Indian author, screenplay writer, movie reviewer and director, known for his 2010 book Knocked Up. Knocked Up is set to become a feature film in Hindi, with Mathew co-producing. A Marathi movie Timepass loosely based on Knocked Up released in February 2014. The film was the highest grossing Marathi film until the release of Lai Bhaari in the same year, which broke its record. Andhra Pori starring Puri Akash son of Puri Jagannadh is also based on Mathew's novel Knocked Up.
Shaiju Mathew born in Anchal a small town in Kollam district, in Kerala. and was brought up in Pune. Like actor Kay Kay Menon, Mathew is also an alumnus of St. Josephs Boys' High School Khadki, Pune. He studied human resource management at Pune University.
After working as a singer and a screenplay writer Mathew, who moved to Bangalore after university, wrote Knocked Up, a coming of age novel. The book took Mathew 20 days to write and the author drew inspiration from his childhood experiences with his friends. The author also heavily utilized social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter to design the book's artwork as well as publicize and market the book. In an interview to a popular news paper Mathew said that he is influenced by the works of RK Narayan, Jane Austin, Enid Blyton and Ruskin Bond. He prefers to write simpler stories that common man can identify with. Mathew's next novel is a period drama titled A Pocketful Of Sunshine. Mathew's second book as an author, Alfie The Elf released in 2016. This Christmas release took Mathew 9 days to write. Mathew is also associated with Citadel Cinemas a Bangalore based production house that produced Bangles a malayalam feature film and a short film Oru Thundu Padam starring Aju Varghese. Mathew is also a well known movie critic and writes extensively for various newspapers and magazines apart from his blog www
- Pal Do Pal
- Planchette(Short FIlm)
- Knocked Up (Film)
- Anuradha (Malayalam Film)
- Actress (Malayalam Film)
- Badaltey Rang(Short FIlm)
- Chakkar Sanjivan Lal's next(Feature FIlm)
- Planchette (2013) Short Film - Director
- Oru Thundu Padam (2013) Short Film produced under Citadel Cinemas
- Bangles (2013) Feature Film produced under Citadel Cinemas
- Maafinaama (2014) Short Film - Associate Director
- The Other Side (2014) Short Film - Co-producer
- Badaltey Rang (2014) Short Film - writer
- Love Ke Liye (TBA)  Feature Film - writer
- Chakkar Sanjivan Lal's next Feature Film - co-writer
- "Looking back with nostalgia". Previous.jagrancityplus.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Datta, Sravasti (17 January 2011). "Writer in fast-forward mode". The Hindu. Retrieved 26 November 2010.
- Pitale, Sonali J. (6 January 2014). "'Timepass' breaks a record at the box office". Mid-Day. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Kulkarni, Pooja (8 January 2014). "'Timepass' breaks records, earns Rs 10.25 crore at the BO within five days". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- Jayaraman, Gayatri (31 January 2014). "Son of the Soil Rising". India Today. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- SURESH KAVIRAYANI (10 October 2014). "Puri Akash to act in a teenage love drama". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Prabhu Chawla (2 November 2010). "A funny ride to the past". New Indian Express. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "About Me".
- "These Growing Years". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "The social network helped him sell his book". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Biswadip Mitra (11 October 2010). "Three friends and a story". Sakal Times. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Chinwag with... shaiju mathew". Lite.epaper.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-06.
- Mrigakshi Dixit (31 December 2016). "Believe in your dreams". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 January 2017.