This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2014, as CEO of Blockchain, Cary led the biggest round of venture capital financing in the digital currency sector at that time, closing $30.5m from investors such as Lightspeed Venture Partners and Richard Branson.
In 2015, Cary was named "European Digital Leader of the Year" by ICT Spring.
In 2017, as President of Blockchain, Cary helped raise another $40m from investors including Google Ventures. Cary believes that blockchain technology can improve society through global, transparent digital payments and IoT applications.
Cary made the first Bitcoin donation to a university in the US, his alma mater the University of Puget Sound. Cary is also a co-founder of skysthelimit.org, the digital platform of Youth Business USA, a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
- "Team > Blockchain". www.blockchain.com. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "Founders Pledge". Founders Pledge. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- NClarkson (2017-05-02). "How AI and tech are disrupting non-profits". Virgin. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- Ember, Sydney (2014-10-06). "Blockchain Is Latest Bitcoin Start-Up to Lure Big Investment". dealbook.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "Nicolas Cary and the future of Bitcoin - ICT Spring Europe - We explore converging disruptions". ICT Spring Europe - We explore converging disruptions (in French). 2015-07-27. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- Kharpal, Arjun (2017-06-22). "Bitcoin wallet start-up Blockchain raises $40 million from Google". Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "How One Scrappy Startup Survived the Early Bitcoin Wars". Wired. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- Egerton-Read, Sebastian. "IoT and the development of a circular economy | TechCrunch". Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "Alumnus Entrepreneur Makes $10,000 Bitcoin Gift · Campus News · University of Puget Sound". www.pugetsound.edu. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "Meet Us". SKY'S THE LIMIT. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|