Khabarovsk Novy Airport
|Khabarovsk Novy Airport|
|Owner||Government of the Khabarovsky Region|
|Operator||OAO Khabarovsk Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||244 ft / 74 m|
Khabarovsk Novy Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Хабаровск) (IATA: KHV, ICAO: UHHH) is located at the eastern part of Khabarovsk, Khabarovsk Krai, Russia. Khabarovsk Novy Airport was the main hub for the Russian airline Dalavia, which was shut down by the government due to large debts. Vladivostok Air, a carrier based in Vladivostok, replaced the role of Dalavia, and Khabarovsk has now been "upgraded" into a secondary hub for Vladivostok Air and they currently serve 13 domestic destinations and 5 international destinations.
In 2015, Khabarovsk Novy International Airport carried 1,821,694 passengers.
By 1931, hydroports in the area were not enough to serve the growing demand for air travel, and got the need to find a place to build a new airport. The first airport in the current location was opened in 1938. The year 1953 saw the Commissioning of runway with artificial turf with size of 2500 x 80m. On March 21, 1954 a terminal with a capacity of 400 passengers per hour was put into operations. In 1964 a new, larger terminal was built. In 1970 the airport was given international status and completed first charter international flight Khabarovsk - Osaka (Japan): On board were the participants of the international exhibition Expo '70
Airlines and destinations
|Kalitta Air||Anchorage, Chicago-O'Hare, Hong Kong, Los Angeles|
- "Khabarovsk - Novy Airport (KHV/UHHH)". A-Z Publications. Retrieved 2008-05-23.
- (Russian) Airport Khabarovsk (Novy) Aviateka.Handbook
Media related to Khabarovsk Novy Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- АФАНАСЬЕВ, Иван (18 January 2016). "Число пассажиров хабаровского аэропорта за год снизилось на 10%". АО ИД «Комсомольская правда». Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- L, J (12 February 2016). "Aurora Airlines Adds Khabarovsk – Neryungri Service from Feb 2016". Airline Route. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- L, J (13 January 2016). "Aurora Airlines Adds New Routes from Feb 2016". Airline Route. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- L, J (20 January 2016). "Rossiya Airlines Expands Moscow Vnukovo; Outlines Boeing 777 Operation in S16". Airline Route. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- L, J (27 November 2015). "Pegas Fly Adds Moscow – Khabarovsk Route from Dec 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 27 November 2015.
- "Ural Airlines Planned New Routes in S16". airlineroute. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
- Liu, Jim (24 March 2017). "Yakutia adds scheduled Cheongju service in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 24 March 2017.
- "Открыта продажа билетов на рейс 539/540 Хабаровск-Магадан-Хабаровск". Yakutia Airlines. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Yakutia Adds Tokyo Service from May 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 25 February 2016.
- L, J (27 February 2014). "AirBridgeCargo Adds Nonstop Amsterdam – Khabarovsk Service from Jan 2014". Airline Route. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- Airport information for UHHH at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.