Omsk Tsentralny Airport
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Operator||JSC "Omsk Airport"|
|Elevation AMSL||312 ft / 95 m|
Tsentralny Airport (Russian: Аэропорт Центральный (IATA: OMS, ICAO: UNOO) is an airport in Omsk Oblast, Russia, located 5 km southwest of Omsk. It is capable of handling wide-bodied aircraft and 975,000 passengers passed through the airport in 2013.
Airlines and destinations
operated by Rossiya
|Azur Air||Seasonal charter: Bangkok–Suvarnabhumi, Nha Trang (Cam Ranh)|
Seasonal: Anapa, Gelendzhik (begins 20 June 2017), Krasnodar (begins 20 June 2017), Sochi
|Royal Flight||Seasonal charter: Bangkok–Suvarnabhumi, Goa-Dabolim|
|S7 Airlines||Moscow–Domodedovo, Novosibirsk (begins 1 July 2017)|
|Ural Airlines||Moscow–Domodedovo, Simferopol|
New Fedorovka airport
Accidents and incidents
- On October 11, 1984, a Tupolev Tu-154B-1 operating Aeroflot Flight 3352 crashed into maintenance vehicles occupying the runway at Omsk. 174 of the 179 people on board were killed, along with 4 of the maintenance crew. The ground controller on duty had allowed maintenance work to be done on the runway (against regulations) and promptly fallen asleep, while the pilots were unable to see the vehicles in time due to poor weather conditions. 178 people died in all, making this Soviet Union's deadliest airplane crash to date.
- 2001 Antonov An-70 Crash
- Liu, Jim (25 January 2017). "IrAero adds new summer routes from Omsk in June 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- Liu, Jim (7 April 2017). "IrAero new domestic routes in S17". Routesonline. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Новые рейсы в Новосибирск и Екатеринбург с авиакомпанией NordStar". ОАО "Омский аэропорт". Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Timetable - S7 Airlines". Novosibirsk International Airport (Tolmachevo). Retrieved 1 November 2016.
- Omsk Tsentralny Airport official website
- Airport information for UNOO at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for UNOO at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Current weather for UNOO at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for UNOO at Aviation Safety Network