Petrie Terrace, Queensland
|Population||1,183 (2011 census)|
|Location||2 km (1 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane
|State electorate(s)||Brisbane Central|
Petrie Terrace is an inner-city suburb and major thoroughfare in Brisbane, Australia. It is less than 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) west of the Brisbane General Post Office. The precinct is bordered to the west by Hale Street and to the east by Countess Street. Its northern boundary is Musgrave Road and its southern is Milton Road.
In Petrie Terrace, 60.9% of people were born in Australia. The most common countries of birth were New Zealand 4.1%, England 3.3%, Ireland 1.7%, Scotland 1.2% and Italy 0.6%.
The Albert Park Flexi School  is the only school actually in Petrie Terrace. Otherwise, children in the area attend a number of schools in the surrounding suburbs including the Petrie Terrace State School  in Paddington and boys' and girls' grammar schools in Spring Hill.
Petrie Terrace has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- 15-17 Caxton Street: Baroona Labor Hall
- 1 Hale Street: Baroona Special School (now Albert Park Flexi School)
- 69 Hale Street: La Boite Theatre Building
- 25-61 Petrie Terrace: Petrie Terrace Police Depot
- 256 Petrie Terrace: Florence House
In 2007-2008 the former Petrie Terrace Police Depot was converted to a retail precinct called The Barracks, which contains cinemas, restaurants, shops and offices with underground car parking. The heritage buildings have been incorporated in the development. The Barracks has a walkway connection through to Roma Street railway station.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Petrie Terrace (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Paddington Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Petrie Terrace (entry 46582)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 15 September 2013.
- "Albert Park Flexible Learning Centre". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Petrie Terrace SS". Retrieved 28 January 2017.
- "Baroona Labor Hall (entry 600277)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Baroona Special School (entry 600278)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "La Boite Theatre (entry 602171)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Petrie Terrace Police Depot (former) (entry 601894)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Residence 'Florence House'". Brisbane Heritage Register. Brisbane City Council. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "History". The Barracks. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
|This article about a place in Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|