A. Scott Frank|
March 10, 1960
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, U.S.
University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Occupation||Screenwriter, film director, author|
National Society of Film Critics Award for Best Screenplay (1998)|
Saturn Award for Best Writing (2002)
A. Scott Frank (born March 10, 1960) is an American screenwriter, film director, and author. He has earned two Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay nominations, for Out of Sight (1998) and Logan (2017).
Early life and education
Along with The Lookout, Mr. Frank’s other screenplays include Little Man Tate, Dead Again, Malice, Heaven's Prisoners, Get Shorty, Out of Sight, Minority Report, The Interpreter, Marley & Me, The Wolverine and A Walk Among the Tombstones (which he also directed).
Out of Sight, nominated for an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, won the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Adapted Screenplay, the Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America as well as Best Screenplay awards from the National Society of Film Critics and the Boston Society of Film Critics.
Minority Report won the Saturn Award for Best Science Fiction Screenplay. Get Shorty was nominated for both a Golden Globe and a Writers Guild Award for Best Adapted Screenplay and, as was Dead Again, was nominated for an Edgar Award for Best Mystery Screenplay.
|1988||Plain Clothes||with Dan Vining|
|1991||Dead Again||Directed by Kenneth Branagh|
|Little Man Tate||Directed by Jodie Foster|
|The Walter Ego||Short|
|1993||Malice||with Aaron Sorkin|
|1995||Get Shorty||Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld|
|1996||Heaven's Prisoners||with Harley Peyton|
|1998||Out of Sight||Directed by Steven Soderbergh|
|2002||Minority Report||with Jon Cohen, directed by Steven Spielberg|
|2004||Flight of the Phoenix||with Edward Burns|
|2005||The Interpreter||with Charles Randolph and Steven Zaillian|
|2007||The Lookout||Also director|
|2008||Marley & Me||with Don Roos|
|2013||The Wolverine||with Mark Bomback. directed by James Mangold|
|2014||A Walk Among the Tombstones||Also director|
|2017||Logan||with Michael Green and James Mangold, directed by James Mangold|
|2018||The Highwaymen||with John Fusco and John Lee Hancock|
|1988||The Wonder Years||Episode: "The Phone Call"|
|1993||Fallen Angels||Episode: "Dead End for Delia"|
|2004||Karen Sisco||Episode: "He Was a Friend of Mine"|
|2011||Shameless||Also director, episode: "It's Time to Kill the Turtle"|
|2017||Godless||Also creator, executive producer and director|
- Bloom, Nate (March 6, 2018). "Anton Yelchin's final role lands in 'Thoroughbreds'; Appatow's 'Love' returns". The Jewish News of Northern California.
- "Scott Frank biography". The New York Times. New York City, New York. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- "Scott Frank bio". Penguin Random House. University of California, Santa Barbara. Retrieved March 13, 2015.
- Bazer, Mark (March 25, 2007). "Screenwriter Frank takes action After years spent creating scripts, he's directing". The Boston Globe. Boston, Massachusetts. Retrieved March 16, 2015 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Shaker". Penguin Random House. Retrieved February 18, 2016.