Tata Advanced Systems
Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL) is a fully owned subsidiary of Tata Sons, a holding company for the Tata Group. It is the lead systems integration company for delivering weapons from the Tata Group to the Indian security forces.
Products and services
TASL entered into a joint-venture with Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation to manufacture the Sikorsky S-92 helicopter in India for the domestic civil and military markets. The plan was to have a USD 200 million manufacturing plant operational in Hyderabad by 2010. As production began, the first S-92 cabin was delivered in November 2010, and capacity was expected to increase to 36-48 cabins a year. By the end of July 2013, assembly of 39 cabins had been completed.
The joint-venture with Sikorsky has since been expanded to include development of aerospace components for other OEMs. This facility, called Tara, also located in Hyderabad, was completed in 2011 and commenced production in 2012. Another TASL joint-venture, with Lockheed Martin, is producing aerostructures for the Lockheed C-130 Hercules and the Lockheed C-130J Super Hercules in India. It is a 74:26 joint venture which currently assembles Hercules centre wing boxes and empennages
In partnership with Airbus Defence and Space, the company fielded the EADS CASA C-295 for the Indian Air Force light-cargo fleet renewal program, which the Indian government approved on 13 May 2015. Under the project 16 complete aircraft will be imported, while 40 aircraft will be manufactured in India.
TASL is bidding to develop and build unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for the Indian Armed Forces for surveillance. It has agreements with Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI) and "Urban Aeronautics" for cooperation and co-development of UAVs in India.
- Tata Advanced Systems: About us!
- Tata-Sikorsky Deal Ends HAL Aerospace Monopoly - Defense News
- MACHINIST - Tata Advanced Systems and Sikorsky to Manufacture Helicopter Cabins in India
- "Business briefs". Retrieved 2010-11-10.
- Sikorsky may make choppers at Hyderabad - Money - DNA
- Tata, Sikorsky JV to make aerospace components
- "Avro aircraft deal: Defence council clears Rs 11,930 cr Tata-Airbus bid". The Indian Express. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- Trautvetter, Chad. "Pilatus Taps India’s Tata To Make PC-12 Aerostructures" AINonline, 26 August 2014. Accessed: 4 September 2014.
- India Inc makes strategic moves on defence deals