|Education||IIT Madras, XLRI Jamshedpur|
|Occupation||Vice Chairman of Tata Steel|
He has been awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Indian government in 2012. He studied metallurgical engineering at IIT Madras, followed by M.B.A. from XLRI Jamshedpur, and started his career at Tata Steel in 1966. He is also an alumnus of the GMP (General Management Program) at CEDEP, the European Center for Executive Development, where Tata Steel has been a Corporate Member since 1991.
He is also the former Chairman of the Board of Governors of XLRI- Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur and National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (N. I. T.). Mr. B Muthuraman, was also nominated as the Chairman of the Board of Governors of IIT Kharagpur by the Honourable President of India, Mrs. Pratibha Patil.
He retired at the age of 70, as per norms laid out by the Tata Group.
Early life and career
Balasubramanian Muthuraman joined Tata Steel as a trainee in 1966. He was later shifted to the marketing and sales division after he had gained experience in the fields of iron-making and engineering development after 10 years. He worked for 20 years in this position before being appointed the vice president of the company.
- "Board of Directors". Tata Steel Management. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Tata Steel's next Managing Director – Whom will Cyrus Mistry choose?". Forbes India. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "About us". Tata Group. Archived from the original on 4 September 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Padma Awards Directory (1954–2013)" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014.
- "Wall Street Journal".[permanent dead link]
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|