Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Aviation
|WikiProject:Aviation exists to co-ordinate Wikipedia's aviation content. However, if you are here to ask a question or raise a concern about a particular article, it may be better directed to one of the following sub-projects:|
watch · edit · discuss
|View full version (with review alerts)|
|Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.|
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Aviation and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16|
Articles for review
|WikiProject Aviation was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 9 August 2010. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
- 1 "Space program"
- 2 Notification of nomination for deletion of Template:Green aviation
- 3 COI Help on Solar Impulse Page
- 4 Section for Boeing and Airbus articles
- 5 Milhist March Madness 2017
- 6 AfD nomination - List of airlines of the Faroe Islands
- 7 Air & Cosmos
- 8 Multi-function display
- 9 Talk:Airbus A320 family/GA2
Notification of nomination for deletion of Template:Green aviation
This is to inform the members of this Wikiproject, within the scope of which this article falls, that this article has been nominated for deletion at Wikipedia:Templates_for_discussion/Log/2016_July_11#Template:Green_aviation. - ~
COI Help on Solar Impulse Page
Hi… I’m Jeremy Lovey from Solar Impulse. I’m looking for someone to help me fix some inaccuracies on the Solar Impulse article. (Here’s my original Talk page post.) Obviously I have a conflict-of-interest, so I’m wondering if I can prevail upon any WP:Aviation volunteers? Would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. -- Jeremy Solar (talk) 13:23, 15 February 2017 (UTC)
- You should also ask at WT:Air (Aircraft), which is a more active talk page. -Fnlayson (talk) 15:08, 15 February 2017 (UTC)
Section for Boeing and Airbus articles
I think each plane should have it's own independent article and the articles on the families should also be independent. After all the B777x and A330neo as well as B737MAX and A320Neos have their independent articles but are still part of these families. We should keep the articles on the families but keep a main article link to each model.--NadirAli نادر علی (talk) 09:43, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- You need to be more specific which "families" need to be split out from the main article, remember in most cases where needed the content has already been split into different family members. MilborneOne (talk) 10:19, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
@MilborneOne:, I meant the different Boeing & Airbus families. Like Airbus 321 redirects to A320 family. What we need to do is keep A321 listed on the A320 family, but have a main article link to a separate and fully detailed article about the A321.--NadirAli نادر علی (talk) 07:48, 26 February 2017 (UTC)
Milhist March Madness 2017
G'day all, please be advised that throughout March 2017 the Military history Wikiproject is running its March Madness drive. This is a backlog drive that is focused on several key areas:
- tagging and assessing articles that fall within the project's scope
- updating the project's currently listed A-class articles to ensure their ongoing compliance with the listed criteria
- creating articles that are listed as "requested" on the project's various task force pages or other lists of missing articles.
As with past Milhist drives, there are points awarded for working on articles in the targeted areas, with barnstars being awarded at the end for different levels of achievement.
The drive is open to all Wikipedians, not just members of the Military history project, although only work on articles that fall (broadly) within the military history scope will be considered eligible. More information can be found here for those that are interested, and members can sign up as participants at that page also.
The drive starts at 00:01 UTC on 1 March and runs until 23:59 UTC on 31 March 2017, so please sign up now.
AfD nomination - List of airlines of the Faroe Islands
I was wondering if we have an article on Air et Cosmos, the big French-language industry magazine? (section or full article) Am I just missing it somehow, or do we not have one yet? -- 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:28, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
- I don't see it on a search of en:wp, but the French Wikipedia has it: fr:Air et Cosmos. (Might need to be able to read and translate French to create an English article from sources.) DonFB (talk) 03:02, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
Multi-function display is up for AFD at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Multi-function display. Thanks. - BilCat (talk) 18:29, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
The nominating-editor that I have been working with on this GA Review (Class455) does not have a lot of time over the next week or so to work on adjusting the article per my requests. I am participating in the most recent GA Cup and would like to finish up my Review before the end of the month. If someone from this Project could step in and lend a hand that would be very helpful, there aren't really all that many issues left. (I have also posted this request over on the talkpage for WikiProject Aircraft.) Shearonink (talk) 21:00, 21 March 2017 (UTC)