|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
South Hampstead is a district of northwest London, part of the London Borough of Camden. It is commonly defined as the area between West End Lane, Belsize Road, Fitzjohn's Avenue, Nutley Terrace, Finchley Road and Broadhurst Gardens.
Notable residents and associated organisations
Nahum Sokolow, author and Zionist statesman
The 43 Group, an anti-fascist group of Jewish ex-servicemen after WW2 who broke up right wing marches and fought fascists in the streets, was founded here.
Kylie Minogue, singer
Barry Humphries, Australian celebrity known for playing Dame Edna Everage
- Hampstead Village (to the north)
- Swiss Cottage and Primrose Hill (to the east)
- St John's Wood (to the south)
- West Hampstead (to the north-west)
- Maida Vale and Kilburn (to the west)
- South Hampstead railway station (London Overground)
- Swiss Cottage tube station (Jubilee Line)
- Finchley Road tube station (Jubilee and Metropolitan Line)
- "Why It Matters: South Hampstead (Where?) | The Kentishtowner: Daily Magazine for Kentish Town, Camden Town, King's Cross & North London". The Kentishtowner. 2012-06-25. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
|This London location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|