2003 Birthday Honours
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The recipients of honours are displayed here as they were styled before their new honour.
- 1 United Kingdom
- 1.1 Knight Bachelor
- 1.2 Order of the Bath
- 1.3 Order of St Michael and St George
- 1.4 Royal Victorian Order
- 1.5 Royal Victorian Medal
- 1.6 Order of the Companions of Honour (CH)
- 1.7 Order of the British Empire
- 2 New Zealand
- 2.1 Order of New Zealand (ONZ)
- 2.2 New Zealand Order of Merit
- 2.2.1 Distinguished Companion of The New Zealand Order of Merit (DCNZM)
- 2.2.2 Companion of The New Zealand Order of Merit (CNZM)
- 2.2.3 Officer of The New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM)
- 2.2.4 Officer of The New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM) - Additional
- 2.2.5 Officer of The New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM) - Honorary
- 2.2.6 Member of The New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM)
- 2.2.7 Member of The New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM) - Additional
- 2.3 Queen's Service Order (QSO)
- 2.4 Queen's Service Medal (QSM)
- 2.5 Queen's Service Medal (QSM) - Honorary
- 3 References
- Kenneth Hugo Adam, O.B.E. For services to film production design and to UK-German relations.
- Martyn Arbib, D.L. For services to Charities, especially Education.
- Professor John Hamilton Baker, Q.C., Downing Professor of the Laws of England, University of Cambridge. For services to English Legal History.
- Professor Patrick Bateson, F.R.S., Professor of Ethology, University of Cambridge. For services to Science.
- Professor Sushantha Kumar Bhattacharyya, C.B.E., Director, Warwick Manufacturing Group, University of Warwick. For services to Higher Education and Industry.
- Ian Warwick Blair, Q.P.M., Deputy Commissioner, Metropolitan Police Service. For services to the Police.
- Kenneth Darlingston Collins, Chairman, Scottish Environment Protection Agency. For services to Environmental Protection.
- Andrew Duncan Crockett, lately Chairman, Financial Stability Forum and General Manager, Bank for International Settlements. For services to International Finance.
- Michael John Austin Cummins, Serjeant-At-Arms, House of Commons.
- Professor Richard Henry Friend, F.R.S., Cavendish Professor of Physics, University of Cambridge. For services to Physics.
- John Christopher Gains, Group Chief Executive, John Mowlem & Co. plc. For services to the Construction Industry.
- Arthur Benjamin Norman Gill, C.B.E., President, National Farmers’ Union. For services to Agriculture, Conservation and the Community.
- Michael Stewart Hodgkinson, Group Chief Executive, BAA plc. For services to the Air Travel Industry.
- John Anthony Holland, Chairman, Parades Commission for Northern Ireland.
- Dr Alistair Allan Horne, C.B.E., Historian. For services to UK-French relations.
- Peter Lampl, O.B.E., Chairman, Sutton Trust. For services to Higher Education.
- Francis Henry MacKay, Chairman, Compass Group. For services to the Hospitality Industry and Charity.
- Robin Robert William Miller, lately Chief Executive, EMAP. For services to Publishing and Broadcasting.
- William Morris, General Secretary, Transport and General Workers Union. For services to Trade Unions.
- Charles Kenneth Roylance Nunneley, lately Chairman, National Trust. For services to Heritage.
- Christopher John O’Donnell, Chief Executive, Smith & Nephew plc. For services to the Medical Devices Industry Worldwide.
- Dr John Oldham, O.B.E. For services to the NHS.
- Christopher Ondaatje, C.B.E., Philanthropist and Benefactor. For charitable services to Museums, Galleries and Societies.
- John Reginald Rowling, Headteacher, Nunthorpe School, Middlesbrough. For services to Education.
- Dr Kenneth Robinson, Academic writer and speaker. For services to art.
- Professor Edwin Mellor Southern, F.R.S., Whitley Professor of Biochemistry, University of Oxford. For services to the Development of DNA Microarray Technologies.
- William George Taylor, Leader, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council. For services to Local Government.
- Professor John Graham Temple. For services to Medicine and Medical Education.
- John Tusa, Managing Director, Barbican Centre. For services to the Arts.
Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB)
- Brian Geoffrey Bender, C.B., Permanent Secretary, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Richard John Broadbent, Chairman, H.M. Customs and Excise.
- Admiral Ian Andrew Forbes, C.B.E.
Companion of the Order of the Bath (CB)
- Rear Admiral Alexander Kirkwood Backus, O.B.E.
- Rear Admiral Jonathon Reeve.
- Air Vice-Marshal Phillip Wycliffe Roser, M.B.E., Royal Air Force.
- Air Vice-Marshal Andrew George Buchanan Vallance, O.B.E., Royal Air Force.
- Catherine Elisabeth Dorcas, Mrs Bell, Director General, Services Group, Department of Trade and Industry.
- Terrance Dennis Byrne, Director General, Law Enforcement, H.M. Customs and Excise.
- George Cubie, Clerk of Committees, House of Commons.
- John Michael Dowdall. For public service.
- John Gant, Director of Finance, Inland Revenue.
- Roy Jason Griffins, Director, Aviation Directorate, Department for Transport.
- Stephen Geoffrey Hewitt, Business Design Director, Department for Work and Pensions.
- Gordon Hextall, Chief Operating Officer, Programme and Systems Delivery, Department for Work and Pensions.
- Christopher Stephen Kerse, Second Counsel to the Chairman of Committees and Legal Adviser to the European Union Committee, House of Lords.
- John MacDonald Lyon, lately Director General, Policing and Crime Reduction Group, Home Office.
- Hugh Finlay MacDiarmid, Solicitor to the Advocate General for Scotland.
- Clive Murray Norris, Director, Fire, Health and Safety Directorate, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister.
- Stephen Wentworth, Fisheries Director, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs.
Knight Grand Cross of the Order of St Michael and St George (GCMG)
- Sir John Robertson Young, K.C.M.G., British High Commissioner, New Delhi.
Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG)
- John Frederick Mogg, lately Director-General Internal Markets and Financial Services, European Commission.
- Peter John Westmacott, C.M.G., L.V.O., H.M. Ambassador, Ankara.
Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George (CMG)
- Richard Harding Alford, O.B.E., Director Italy, British Council.
- Andrew Robert Fowell Buxton. For services to UK trade.
- Judge Ian Burns Campbell, lately Deputy High Representative for Legal Affairs, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Bruce Harry Dinwiddy, Governor, Cayman Islands.
- Dr Carol Dow, Chief Medical Adviser, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Edward Charles Glover, M.V.O., lately British High Commissioner, Georgetown.
- Air Vice-Marshal Hubert Desmond Hall, C.B., C.B.E., A.F.C. For services to UK-Australia relations.
- Nigel Norman Inkster, Counsellor, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Michael Kirkwood, Chairman, American Financial Services Association. For services to the City and to the US Financial Community in the UK.
- Brigadier Graeme Cameron Maxwell Lamb, O.B.E., late The Queen’s Own Highlanders.
- Professor Michael Lipton, Founding Director, Poverty Research Unit, University of Sussex. For services to International Development.
- John MacCalman (Ian) Little, C.B.E., lately member of the UK delegation to the European Economic and Social Committee and President of its Employers Group.
- Dr Rosalind Mary Marsden, Director Asia-Pacific, Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- John Michael Scott, lately Head, Rural Livelihoods Department, Department for International Development.
- Percival Edward Tarling, Deputy Director-General, General Secretariat, Council of the European Union.
Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (KCVO)
- Timothy Gerald Martin Brooks, formerly Lord Lieutenant of Leicestershire.
- Brigadier Miles Garth Hunt-Davis, C.V.O., C.B.E., Private Secretary to The Duke of Edinburgh.
- Dr Richard Paul Hepworth Thompson, Head of The Queen’s Medical Household and Physician to The Queen.
Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (CVO)
- The Honourable Ronald Joseph Arculli, O.B.E., Chairman, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, International Association.
- Major Nicholas Michael Lancelot Barne, L.V.O., Comptroller, Equerry and Private Secretary to The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.
- Martin Charles Brian Bonsey, L.V.O., formerly Official Secretary, Government House, Canberra.
- Dr Andrew Louis Hamilton Gailey, House Master, Eton College.
- Sir Peter Harold Reginald Marshall, K.C.M.G., formerly Chairman, Joint Commonwealth Societies’ Council.
- Mary, Lady Carew Pole, L.V.O., Lady in Waiting to The Princess Royal.
- Kenneth Robert Williams, Q.P.M. For services to the Norfolk Constabulary.
Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order (LVO)
- Helen Andrea Louise, Mrs Cross, M.V.O., Secretary to the Private Secretary to The Queen.
- Richard Francis Dobb, Secretary, Corporation of Trinity House.
- Roger Martin Eldridge, Managing Director, Camera Press Limited.
- Colonel David Valentine Fanshawe, O.B.E., Lieutenant, Her Majesty’s Body Guard of the Honourable Corps of Gentlemen at Arms.
- Miss Charlotte Elizabeth Manley, O.B.E., Private Secretary and Treasurer to The Duke of York.
- Jonathan Mark Marsden, Deputy Surveyor of The Queen’s Works of Art.
- Terence John Regan. For services to The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.
- John Garrett Speirs, C.B.E., formerly Chairman, UK Faculty, The Prince of Wales’s Business and the Environment Programme.
- Colin David Tweedy, O.B.E., Chief Executive, Arts and Business.
Member of the Royal Victorian Order (MVO)
- Kenneth John Appleby, Senior Property Officer, St James’s Palace.
- Nigel Marcus Baker, formerly Assistant Private Secretary to The Prince of Wales.
- Stephen Harvey Caldwell, formerly Senior Property Officer, Windsor Castle.
- Major (Matthew) Munro Davidson, M.B.E., B.E.M., Superintendent, Windsor Castle.
- Gillian Mary, Mrs Frampton, Nursing Sister, Windsor Castle.
- David Moffat, formerly Director of Private Clients, Aon Limited.
- Jeremy George Pontin, formerly Land Steward, Isles of Scilly, Duchy of Cornwall.
- Richard Anthony Skinner, formerly Director of Bentley and Skinner.
- Malcolm Richard Slater, Sales Manager, Bentley Mulliner.
- Warrant Officer Class 1 Brian Howard Michael Smith, M.B.E., M.S.M., Superintending Clerk, Household Division.
- Frederick George Stickler, Chief Forestry Officer, Crown Estate.
- Caroline Francesca, Mrs Todhunter, formerly Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother’s Representative, Queen Mary’s Clothing Guild.
Royal Victorian Medal (Gold)
- Anthony Vernon Parnell, R.V.M., Foreman, Sandringham House.
- Ashley John Sadler, R.V.M., Mechanic, Sandringham Estate.
Bar to the Royal Victorian Medal (Silver)
- Robert John Pine, R.V.M., Pastry Sous Chef, Royal Household.
Royal Victorian Medal (Silver)
- Michael Norman Back, Assistant Manager, Public Enterprises, Sandringham Estate.
- Constable Charles Clement Collings, Royalty and Diplomatic Protection, Metropolitan Police.
- Stephen Allan Grassick, Joiner, Balmoral Estate.
- Constable Ronald James Hayward, Royalty and Diplomatic Protection, Metropolitan Police.
- Christopher David Hillyard, Special Vehicles Manager, Alstom Transport.
- Frederick Arthur Ind, Estate Worker, Highgrove Estate.
- Raymond Frederick Keates, Painter and Decorator, Crown Estate, Windsor.
- Mark Geoffrey Lisk, Gardener, Sunninghill Park.
- Charles George Lockyer, Telephone Engineer, Royal Household.
- John Henry Melton, Tractor Driver, Sandringham Country Park.
- Colin Missenden, formerly Divisional Sergeant Major, The Queen’s Body Guard of the Yeomen of the Guard.
- Keith Thomas Parker, Warden, Windsor Castle.
- Ivor Benjamin Reeves, Part-time Security Officer, Eton College.
- Roy John Reeves, Gardener, Crown Estate, Windsor.
- Arthur Malcolm Smith, Chef de Partie, Royal Household.
- Wayne Laurence Sutton, Chauffeur to the Governor of Tasmania.
- Constable Russell Wood, Royalty and Diplomatic Protection, Metropolitan Police.
- David Hugh Alexander, Baron Hannay of Chiswick, G.C.M.G., lately UK Special Representative for Cyprus.
- Sir (Alan) Charles (MacLaurin) Mackerras, C.B.E., Composer and Conductor. For services to Music.
- Professor Dan Peter McKenzie, F.R.S., Royal Society Research Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge. For services to Science.
Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE)
- Miss Elizabeth Violet Blackadder, O.B.E., Painter. For services to the Visual Arts.
- Ms Yvonne Helen Elaine Buckland, Chair, Health Development Agency. For services to Public Health.
- Ms Pamela Sarah Coward, Headteacher, Middleton Technology College, Rochdale. For services to Education.
- Dr (Valerie) Jane Goodall, C.B.E. For services to the environment and conservation.
- Ms Helen Mirren, Actress. For services to Drama.
- Professor Julia Margaret Polak, Head, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Centre, Imperial College, London. For services to Medicine.
- Miss Ruth Laura Robins, Headteacher, JFS School, Brent, London. For services to Education.
- Anita Lucia, Mrs Roddick, O.B.E., Founder of The Body Shop. For services to Retailing, the Environment and Charity.
Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE)
- Lieutenant General Cedric Norman George Delves, C.B.E., D.S.O., late The Devonshire and Dorset Regiment.
- Roger George Moore, C.B.E. For charitable services, especially to UNICEF and Kiwanis International.
- The Honourable Michael Aidan Pakenham, C.M.G., H.M. Ambassador, Warsaw.
Order of New Zealand (ONZ)
|The Right Honourable David Russell Lange||C.H.,||Auckland.|
Order of New Zealand (ONZ) - Honorary
|Dr William Hayward Pickering||KBE,||California, United States America.|
New Zealand Order of Merit
Distinguished Companion of The New Zealand Order of Merit (DCNZM)
|Eion Sinclair Edgar||CNZM||Dunedin||For services to education, business and sport.|
|Mrs Alison Mary Roxburgh||CBE QSO JP||Nelson||For services to women's affairs and the community.|
|Archie John Te Atawhai Taiaroa||Taumarunui||For services to Māori.|
|Mrs Robin Adair White||Masterton||For services to painting and printmaking.|
Companion of The New Zealand Order of Merit (CNZM)
|Mrs Diana Valentine Best||Wellington||For services to women's health.|
|Dr Herbert Bramwell Cook||Christchurch||For services to medicine and the community.|
|The Honourable Anthony Arthur Travers Ellis||Wellington||For services as a Judge the High Court.|
|Mrs Elizabeth Aroha Mountain Ellis||JP||Auckland||For services to Maori arts and crafts.|
|Dr Robin Frances Fancourt||New Plymouth||For services to children.|
|Dr Donald Harley Gray||Auckland||For services to orthopaedics.|
|Roger Leighton Hall||QSO||Auckland||For services as a playwright.|
|Dr John Clarence Hinchcliff||ONZM||Pukekohe||For services to education.|
|Paul Scott Holmes||Auckland||For services to broadcasting and the community.|
|Edward Douglas Langford||Wellington||For services to manufacturing and the community.|
|The Honourable James Kenneth McLay||QSO||Auckland||For services to conservation.|
|Mrs Pamela Ann Murray||Wellington||For services to the community.|
Officer of The New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM)
|Joseph James Wilson Bailey||Wellington||For public services, lately with the Department Courts.|
|Timothy Edward Sherman Bailey||late Auckland||For services to the motor industry and the community. (Deceased Her Majesty's approval to this appointment was signified before the date decease.)|
|John Daniel Barnett||Auckland||For services to the film industry.|
|Kevin Edward Dell||Invercargill||For services to brass bands and the community.|
|Professor William Alexander Denny||Auckland||For services to cancer research.|
|Robert Fenwick||Auckland||For services to business and export.|
|Ms Angela June Foulkes||Wellington||For services to the trade union movement and employment relations.|
|Rodger Denis Fox||Auckland||For services to music.|
|Charles Stewart Hunter||Cambridge||For services to harness racing.|
|Geoffrey Fyffe Lamb||Auckland||For services to orthopaedics and amputees.|
|Kuao Edmond Langsbury||Dunedin||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Margaret Rose Malcolm||Dunedin||For services to bowls.|
|Dr Bartholomew Robin Mann||Christchurch||For services to business and the community.|
|Dr David Wallace Marshall||Napier||For services to dentistry, local body affairs and the community.|
|Ms Anne Lysbeth Noble||Wellington||For services to photography.|
|Miss Josephine Moya Noble||Auckland||For services to children's literature.|
|Emeritus Professor Kevin Francis O'Connor||Christchurch||For services to the environment and agriculture.|
|Patrick Maurice Power||Havelock North||For services to opera.|
|Dr Roma Mere Roberts||Auckland||For services to Māori and science.|
|Mrs Collene Patricia Roche||Auckland||For services to education.|
|William Wilson||Auckland||For services to banking and commerce.|
|Kenneth Mark Wilton||J.P.||Masterton||For services to local body affairs and the community.|
|Brigadier Timothy Charles Brewer||E.D||(A760587)||Brigadiers' List, New Zealand Army Territorial Force.|
Officer of The New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM) - Additional
|Commander Alan John Ogilvie Martin||MNZM||(V23364)||Royal New Zealand Navy.|
|Lieutenant Colonel Antony Michael Hayward||(E49822)||Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment.|
|Lieutenant Colonel Dean Lewis Baigent||(V49860)||Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment.|
Officer of The New Zealand Order of Merit (ONZM) - Honorary
|Professor (John) Frank Thomas Griffin||Dunedin||For services to science.|
|Bruno Gilles Robert Jean-Marie Trouble||Auckland||For services to New Zealand - French relations.|
Member of The New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM)
|William Arthur Cecil Abbiss||Feilding||For services to local government, farming and the community.|
|Mrs Joyce Armstrong||Whangarei||For services to the community.|
|Barry John Bean||Mt Maunganui||For services to education.|
|Paratene Jackson Bennett||Rotorua||For services to Māori and the community.|
|Mrs Marlene Joan Bennetts||Christchurch||For services to literature.|
|Santokh Singh Bhullar||Taumarunui||For services to the Sikh and Indian communities.|
|Ronald Manly Huia Bowater||Nelson||For services to the community.|
|Ms Elizabeth Butterfield||Waiheke Island||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Marise Ann-Millicent Chamberlain||Christchurch||For services to athletics.|
|Kai-Yin (Spencer) Cheung||J.P.||Christchurch||For services to the Chinese community.|
|Michael Francis Clements||J.P.||Wellington||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Meryl Marion Dickson||Dunedin||For services to the community.|
|Mrs Mirella Forti-Hall||Auckland||For services to the Italian community.|
|John William Goodwin||Napier||For services to horticulture.|
|Ivan Albert Hardgrave||Porirua||For services to local body affairs and the community.|
|Ernest Ian Richard Kidman||Wellington||For services to the Cambodian community.|
|The Reverend Henare Boydie Kirikiri||Tolaga Bay||For services to Maori.|
|Warren James Kyd||Auckland||For public services as a Member of Parliament.|
|Robert Kent Lester||Feilding||For services to motorsport and road safety.|
|Mrs Natalie Francis Lloyd||Auckland||For services to allergy awareness.|
|Wayne Robson Mackwood||Papatoetoe||For services to rugby league.|
|Alan Livesey Mason||Feilding||For services to horticulture and the community.|
|Harry Cassidy Midgley||Wellington||For services to the community.|
|(Vui) Stephen Sio Niumata||Auckland||For services to the Pacific Islands community.|
|Professor Emeritus Graham Alfred Nuthall||Christchurch||For services to education.|
|Mark O'Callaghan||Taupo||For services to sport.|
|Dennis Robert Paget||Blenheim||For services to the community.|
|John Robert Palmer||Auckland||Chief Inspector, New Zealand Police.|
|Magan Ranchhod||JP||Bombay, South Auckland||For services to the Indian community.|
|Miss Ailsa Jean Salt||Wellington||For services to Parliament.|
|Alan John Sayers||Whangaparaoa||For services to sport and journalism.|
|Mrs Julie Seymour||Christchurch||For services to netball.|
|(Sydney) Campbell Smith||Hamilton||For services to the arts.|
|Warren Hastings Snow||Auckland||For services to the environment and the community.|
|Mrs Noeline Patricia Still||Christchurch||For services to Deaf persons.|
|Ms Elinor Stratford||Greymouth||For services to the community.|
|Dr Edward Laurie Pike Thew||J.P.||Manukau City||For services to education.|
|Colin Edward Topp||JP||Auckland||For services to the community.|
|Ms Linda Tuumuliga Vagana||Auckland||For services to netball.|
|Aalt Verkerk||Christchurch||For services to business and the Dutch community.|
|Mrs Alexandra Vranyac||Wellington||For services to the Greek community.|
|Norman Francis Walsh||J.P.||Dunollie, West Coast||For services to local body and community affairs.|
|Neil Sinclair Watts||Orewa||For services to dental technology.|
|Ms Patricia Webster||Nelson||For services to international development and the community.|
|Leslie Wong||Dunedin||For services to the Chinese community.|
|David Victor Wong Hop||Auckland||For services to the Chinese community.|
|Lieutenant Colonel Shayne Rawhiti Gilbert||(H49871)||Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment.|
|Lieutenant Colonel Clare Lynette Bennett||(T55171)||Royal New Zealand Army Education Corps.|
|Captain Micheal Bruce Ormond Duncan||(Q49326)||Royal New Zealand Armoured Corps.|
|Warrant Officer Electronics Technician Mark Eric Naldrett-Jays||(E21693)||Royal New Zealand Navy.|
Member of The New Zealand Order of Merit (MNZM) - Additional
|Major Anthony Allan Downey||(J51321)||Royal New Zealand Army Logistic Regiment (Duke York's Own).|
|Squadron Leader Russell John Mardon||(C990704)||Royal New Zealand Air Force.|
|Warrant Officer Class One Margaret Browne||(E53916)||Royal New Zealand Army Logistic Regiment (Duke York's Own).|
Queen's Service Order (QSO)
|Robert Campbell Croker||Auckland.||For Community Service|
|Ms Joyce Margaret Lavender||Wellington.||For Community Service|
|The Reverend Helen Margaret Aitken Martin||Auckland.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Janette Pamela Grace Scahill||Whangarei.||For Community Service|
|Eric George Walker||Hokitika.||For Community Service|
|Wallace Edward Woodley||Christchurch.||For Community Service|
|Ms Enid Pearl Leighton||Whakatane.||For Public Services|
|Robert Arapata Low||J.P.||Rotorua.||For Public Services|
|The Honourable Murray John Finlay Luxton||Wellington.||For Public Services|
|Professor Wharehuia James Milroy||Hamilton.||For Public Services|
|Bruce Alan Palmer||Christchurch.||For Public Services|
|Dr Anisur Rahman||Hamilton.||For Public Services|
|Miss Pamela Avis Stone||Auckland.||For Public Services|
|Edward Rongomaiira Tamati||JP||New Plymouth.||For Public Services|
|Dr Brian Anthony Tapper||Palmerston North.||For Public Services|
|Don Dayapala Wijewardana||JP||Wellington.||For Public Services|
Queen's Service Medal (QSM)
|Mrs Doreen Rosena Hilda Alexander||Whangarei.||For Community Service|
|Clarence Edward Rex (Pat) Batchelor||Auckland.||For Community Service|
|Peter Alfred Callahan||Blenheim.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Christine Winifred Chaplow||Te Kuiti.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Margery Charlton||Auckland.||For Community Service|
|David Shadbolt Christensen||Christchurch.||For Community Service|
|Douglas James Clarke||Christchurch.||For Community Service|
|Graham William George Crawshaw||Arapohue, Dargaville.||For Community Service|
|Titus De Silva||Auckland.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Ynys Joy Fraser||Rotorua.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Lois Hilary Galer||Ophir, Central Otago.||For Community Service|
|Ms Shona Joy Hammond-Boys||Kihikihi.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Jean Ruth McGaffin||Rotorua.||For Community Service|
|John Lachlan McKinnon||Timaru.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Isobel Ann McMillan||Auckland.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Gladys Wilma Madgwick||Auckland.||For Community Service|
|George Richardson Marriner||Christchurch.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Verona Mary Moynihan||Napier.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Jennifer Amy Murray||New Plymouth.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Katie Murray||Kaitaia.||For Community Service|
|Ms Paula Mariea O'Regan||Blenheim.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Kathleen Phillips||Kaitaia.||For Community Service|
|Roger James Robins||Lower Hutt.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Ethel Rita Robinson||Palmerston North.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Gaye Lynette Smith||Gisborne.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Jean Dorothy Swan||Te Aroha.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Yvonne May Sycamore||J.P.||Putaruru.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Judith Ann Tamblyn||Bulls.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Glenys Walker||Wellington.||For Community Service|
|John Geddes Watson||Auckland.||For Community Service|
|Mrs Doreen Raey Wheeler||Gisborne.||For Community Service|
|Peter David Barber||JP||Auckland||Principal Rural Fire Officer, Waitakere Rural Fire Authority. For Public Services|
|Mrs Margaret Anne Bayfield||Wellington.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Eileen Mary Brownlie||Frasertown.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Margaret Mary Burgess||Auckland.||For Public Services|
|Trevor Niall Burgess||Auckland.||For Public Services|
|Ms Deborah Bush||Christchurch.||For Public Services|
|Mr Leonard Patrick Harwood||Taumarunui.||For Public Services|
|Ms Lynette Claire Campbell||Christchurch.||For Public Services|
|Stewart Munro Davies||Palmerston North.||For Public Services|
|John Sefton Elworthy||Upper Hutt.||For Public Services|
|Murray Wilfred Evans||New Plymouth||Constable, New Zealand Police. For Public Services|
|Mrs Marion Margaret Fowlie||JP||Tairua.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Gail Teresa Gillespie||Mangonui, Northland.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Ann Meredith Graeme||Tauranga.||For Public Services|
|Basil Stanley Lindsay Graeme||Tauranga.||For Public Services|
|Ms Alison Mary Gray||Wellington.||For Public Services|
|Edwin Christopher Hansen||JP||Bluff.||For Public Services|
|Dr Derek John Hardy||Waihi.||For Public Services|
|Cilla Ruruhira Henry||J.P, Hamilton.||For Public Services|
|Kerry Wayne Hilliard||Palmerston North||National Fire Coordinator, Department of Conservation. For Public Services|
|John Roger Kerswill||Wellington.||For Public Services|
|Ronald Douglas Mackie||Rangiora.||For Public Services|
|Dr Papali'i Semisi Ma'Ia'I||Auckland.||For Public Services|
|Leo Patrick Mangos||Tauranga.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Monica Mansbridge||Kaikoura.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Phillippa Helen Martin||Manakau, Levin.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Meremere Mangamaru Paitai Petricevich||JP||Kaitaia.||For Public Services|
|Anaru Mita Pilmer||Gisborne||Chief Fire Officer, Matawai Volunteer Fire Brigade, New Zealand Fire Service. For Public Services|
|Mrs Heather Mae Shaw||Auckland.||For Public Services|
|Barry Garnett James Shields||Christchurch||Assistant Regional Fire Commander, Transalpine Fire Region, New Zealand Fire Service. For Public Services|
|Mrs Betty Doris Simmonds||Kaiapoi.||For Public Services|
|Leonard Macdonald Simmonds||JP||Kaiapoi.||For Public Services|
|Raymond Trevor Smith||Auckland||Sergeant, New Zealand Police. For Public Services|
|Mrs Erica Jill Stanley||Wellington.||For Public Services|
|Thomas Robert Trotter||Karitane, Otago.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Margaret Fergusson Waipara||Porirua City.||For Public Services|
|Mrs Seiuli Moira Maria Walker||JP||Orewa.||For Public Services|
|Thomas Adrian Young||Christchurch||Constable, New Zealand Police. For Public Services|
Queen's Service Medal (QSM) - Honorary
|Miss Elizabeth Ann Hawley||Kathmandu, Nepal.|
|Mrs Yumiko Nakayama||Japan.|