2051 (MMLI) will be a common year starting on Sunday (dominical letter A) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2051st year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 51st year of the 3rd millennium, the 51st year of the 21st century, and the 2nd year of the 2050s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- April – One of the METI messages Cosmic Call 1 sent from the 70-meter Eupatoria Planetary Radar in 1999 arrives at its destination, Gliese 777 star.
- June 1 – The Washington State Ferries time capsule will be opened, celebrating WSF's 100th Anniversary.
- Over 1.7 million people in the United Kingdom will be suffering from dementia according to reports published in 2007 by the London School of Economics and Institute of Psychiatry.
- According to the United States Census Bureau, the population of the United States will reach 400 million.
- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect video game takes place in 2051 in one of the missions.
- Brenda Chenowith, a fictional character from the television show Six Feet Under, dies in her home at the age of 82.
- Dream Park novel takes place in March 2051.