|Ab urbe condita||2775|
|Balinese saka calendar||1943–1944|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||辛丑年 (Metal Ox)|
4718 or 4658
— to —
壬寅年 (Water Tiger)
4719 or 4659
|- Vikram Samvat||2078–2079|
|- Shaka Samvat||1943–1944|
|- Kali Yuga||5122–5123|
|Japanese calendar||Reiwa 4|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 111|
|Thai solar calendar||2565|
2148 or 1767 or 995
— to —
2149 or 1768 or 996
|Unix time||1640995200 – 1672531199|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2022.|
2022 (MMXXII) will be a common year starting on Saturday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2022nd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 22nd year of the 3rd millennium, the 22nd year of the 21st century, and the 3rd year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – Following the 2018 enactment of the Music Modernization Act, and assuming no further extensions to the term of copyrights become law in the interim, all sound recordings fixed before 1923 will enter the public domain in the U.S.
- February 4–20 – The 2022 Winter Olympics will be held in Beijing, China. Beijing will be the first city ever to host both the Summer Olympics and Winter Olympics.
- May 5 – The next United Kingdom general election is scheduled to be held no later than this date, under the terms of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011. This will likely be the first general election held since Brexit.
- May 9 – The 2022 Philippine presidential election is scheduled to be held
- November 8 - The 2022 United States elections will select the 118th Congress, the first after the redistricting reflecting the 2020 United States Census, and state and local officials.
- November 21 – December 18 – The 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be held in Qatar, to avoid the summer heat between May and September and also avoid clashing with the 2022 Winter Olympics in February.
- All data from the 1950 United States Census will be fully released to the public.
- The first component of the Lunar Gateway, a proposed inhabitable space station to be implemented by multiple international space agencies on the Moon, the Power and Propulsion Element, is set to be delivered by an undetermined commercial launch vehicle.
- Planned launch of the unmanned Euclid spaceprobe to study dark energy.
- Germany plans to phase out the last of its nuclear power plants.
- 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann will possibly cause a meteor shower.
- ESA's Jupiter Icy Moon Explorer is scheduled to be launched.
- Romania could join the eurozone. The target date has been set by Foreign Minister Teodor Meleșcanu.
- SpaceX founder and entrepreneur Elon Musk plans to send the first Starship to Mars, paving the way to colonization of the planet.
- India plans to launch its first crewed space flight by this year.
- "Orrin G. Hatch–Bob Goodlatte Music Modernization Act". United States Copyright Office. Retrieved October 14, 2018.
The federal remedies for unauthorized use of pre-1972 sound recordings shall be available for 95 years after first publication of the recording, ending on December 31 of that year, subject to certain additional periods. These periods provide varying additional protection for pre-1972 sound recordings, based on when the sound recording was first published: For recordings first published before 1923, the additional time period ends on December 31, 2021.
- "FIFA Executive Committee confirms November/December event period for Qatar 2022". FIFA.com. March 19, 2015.
- [https:www.space.com/amp/moon-mars-nasa-2020-budget-proposal.html "Trump's 2020 budget Will Take US from Moon to Mars, Agency Chief Says"]. Space.com. March 11, 2019. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- "Germany: Nuclear power plants to close by 2022". BBC News. May 30, 2011.
- "Comet Breakup Points to Possible Meteor Shower in 2022". Space.com. May 10, 2006. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Jonathan Amos (May 2, 2012). "Esa selects 1bn-euro Juice probe to Jupiter". BBC News Online. BBC. Retrieved May 13, 2012.
- Ionel Dancu (December 15, 2017). "Iohannis la Bruxelles: România să treacă la moneda euro cât mai repede". Evenimentul zilei (in Romanian).
- "Elon Musk outlines Mars colony vision". BBC. September 27, 2016. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Tomasz Nowakowski (August 20, 2018). "India Aims to Send its First Crewed Mission to Space by 2022". Retrieved August 23, 2018.