|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2024.|
2024 (MMXXIV) will be a leap year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2024th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 24th year of the 3rd millennium, the 24th year of the 21st century, and the 5th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – Assuming no further extensions to the term of copyrights become law in the interim, Steamboat Willie will enter the public domain.
- March 25 – March 2024 lunar eclipse.
- April 8 – Total solar eclipse (Central Pacific Ocean, northern Mexico, eastern, southwestern and central United States, southeastern Canada and northern Atlantic Ocean).
- May 26 – Comet 9P/Tempel 1 will pass 0.55 AU from Jupiter and may break apart at that time due to gravitational forces.
- August 2–18 – The 2024 Summer Olympics will be held in Paris, France.
- September 4–15 – The 2024 Summer Paralympics will be held in Paris, France.
- September 18 – September 2024 lunar eclipse.
- October 2 – Solar eclipse of October 2, 2024.
- "International Year of Camelids". United Nations. Retrieved February 15, 2020.
- Lee, Timothy B. (January 1, 2019). "Mickey Mouse will be public domain soon—here's what that means". Ars Technica. Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- "Past, Present, and Future Orbits by Kazuo Kinoshita". Retrieved March 28, 2019.
- Wharton, David. "Los Angeles makes deal to host 2028 Summer Olympics". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 31, 2017.